Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 290

Thread: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Will the Liar?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's been reported by two different sources in the region and we haven't seen UBL in a long time, while his #2 guy produces a video tape every month.

    I don't have any evidence that he's dead, but there isn't enough evidence that he's alive to suggest that he is alive.
    Again, it's also been reported by sources that Bush was behind 9/11. That doesn't mean it is true though.

    Silence doesn't mean he is dead. MANY of Al-Q members are silent right now. That doesn't mean they are dead either.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 07-17-09 at 08:03 PM.

  2. #172
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: Will the Liar?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Again, it's also been reported by sources that Bush was behind 9/11. That doesn't mean it is true though.
    Bush, along with everyone else before Bush was behind on 9/11. There wasn't enough information on the where, when and how to formulate a practical plan to prevent an attack.

    Silence doesn't mean he is dead. MANY of Al-Q members are silent right now. That doesn't mean they are dead either.

    They have nothing to gain be being silent. UBL surely doesn't have anything to gain. He taunted the US before and after 9/11. Why stop?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Will the Liar?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Bush, along with everyone else before Bush was behind on 9/11. There wasn't enough information on the where, when and how to formulate a practical plan to prevent an attack.
    Bush was notified about a pending terrorist attack. I know it was vague, but that still should have sent red flags. I don't blame him but I do think they should have done more.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They have nothing to gain be being silent. UBL surely doesn't have anything to gain. He taunted the US before and after 9/11. Why stop?
    Yeah the have nothing to gain by being silent except their lives, which is something they hold very dear. That is the reason why they send OTHER people to die for them.


    If they truly believed half the **** they spouted to their followers they would be volunteering to go meet those virgins they expect they will earn. The fact they don't shows they value their own lives more than their cause.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 07-17-09 at 08:10 PM.

  4. #174
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: Will the Liar?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Bush was notified about a pending terrorist attack. I know it was fabgue, but that still should have sent red flags. I don't blame him but I do think they should have done more.
    Done more, yes, but what? There wasn't anywhere near enough solid intel to ascertain what the appropriate response should have been. Prior to 9/11, the only obvious strategy would have been to closely scrutinize Arab/Middle-Eastern/Muslim/Asian persons within the United States and we all know that that would have been a serious no-go with the PC crowd.



    Yeah the have nothing to gain by being silent except their lives, which is something they hold very dear. That is the reason why they send OTHER people to die for them.

    I disagree that they're silent out of fear. I believe they're silent, because the dead tell no tales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Will the Liar?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Done more, yes, but what? There wasn't anywhere near enough solid intel to ascertain what the appropriate response should have been. Prior to 9/11, the only obvious strategy would have been to closely scrutinize Arab/Middle-Eastern/Muslim/Asian persons within the United States and we all know that that would have been a serious no-go with the PC crowd.
    One of the things mentioned was hijacking. That right there should have sent red flags to airports across the country. There is no reason why anaylists shouldn't have IMMEDIATELY been on the job to search for odd habits in airports.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I disagree that they're silent out of fear. I believe they're silent, because the dead tell no tales.
    Right so the ENTIRE Al-Q movement is dead then because most are not communicating openly, so no more terrorists right? Come on.

    Again, silence is not proof of death.

  6. #176
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: Will the Liar?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    One of the things mentioned was hijacking. That right there should have sent red flags to airports across the country. There is no reason why anaylists shouldn't have IMMEDIATELY been on the job to search for odd habits in airports.
    Sent red flags to do, what? Accost swarthy looking men with Arab accents? That ain't gonna happen and you know it. Can you imagine the squeeling from the Leftists had Bush inacted post-9/11 security in the airports?



    Right so the ENTIRE Al-Q movement is dead then because most are not communicating openly, so no more terrorists right? Come on.

    Again, silence is not proof of death.

    Zawahiri is communicating openly. Why him and not UBL? It doesn't make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Will the Liar?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Zawahiri is communicating openly. Why him and not UBL? It doesn't make sense.
    I wouldn't call it openly. It isn't like he clicked on his mic and started talkiung to the world. It was on a tape.

    He made one comment in how long? It also depends on where he is at. He may be able to afford the opportunity to communicate.

    However, if Osama is in a situation where he is giving orders and actively engaged in Al-Q operations, it would be best for him to remain silent.

    Did it ever occur to you that Zawahiri might be communicating to draw attention away from where Osama is?

    As much as some people would like to portray Islamic extremists as barbaric unintelligent lunatics, Osama is not unintelligent.

    He has evaded U.S. capture for years. He has also learned (from the death of the first Al-Q leader in Iraq) that publicity can get you killed.

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    APDST, We may disagree on many things, but I TRULY wish that Osama was dead.

    I would like him dead. I just don't think he is.

  9. #179
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    APDST, We may disagree on many things, but I TRULY wish that Osama was dead.

    I would like him dead. I just don't think he is.
    I never had any doubt that you felt that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #180
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Will the Liar?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    One of the things mentioned was hijacking. That right there should have sent red flags to airports across the country. There is no reason why anaylists shouldn't have IMMEDIATELY been on the job to search for odd habits in airports.
    Exactly what odd habits should they have picked up on?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •