Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 97

Thread: UK cuts Israel weapons contracts

  1. #71
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,194

    Re: UK cuts Israel weapons contracts

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    I believe it was marketed as a safe haven. That is certainly a reason given by Truman when officially recognizing their formation.
    Ahh.. no.
    It was 'marketed' as the historic homeland of the Jewish people.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #72
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: UK cuts Israel weapons contracts

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    It can only be called as propaganda if one doesn't believe the holocaust existed, otherwise it's just cause and effect.
    And besides, the Zionist movement existed and acted towards the creation of the Jewish homeland in Israel since the 19th century.
    The Jews were not the only people persecuted in the Holocaust. They were not the only ethnic group rounded up and executed. In fact, other groups were driven to near extinction during it. Propaganda comes in for the fact that it was only the Jews for which arguments for a homeland were made. And I don't find the holocaust to be justifiable reason for the creation of a new country in hostile lands. So there was propaganda for the creation of Israel, if not then it would have been all or nothing. Other groups would have gotten homelands, or no one would have gotten homelands. But your statement seems to be in complete ignorance over the fact that Nazi Germany did not just go after the Jews. You make it seem like it was just the Jews. If you want to claim cause and effect from the holocaust that is.

    Who's using propaganda to redefine reality now?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #73
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: UK cuts Israel weapons contracts

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    And I will wholeheartedly disagree with your wholehearted disagreement.
    This thread itself supports my claim. Britain pulls out its weapons contract and all of a sudden, they're caving into the "other side" or whatever else you want to call it. All because they aren't going to support Israel militarily, or at least sell them guns. You people were all over them for doing so, despite that it's their right and they didn't do it for no reason. You're just a biased source in the end, and you don't seem to care about ignoring parts of history or even the present to make your point.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #74
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: UK cuts Israel weapons contracts

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    It can only be called as propaganda if one doesn't believe the holocaust existed, otherwise it's just cause and effect.
    And besides, the Zionist movement existed and acted towards the creation of the Jewish homeland in Israel since the 19th century.
    Theodor Herzl wrote of using antisemitism as a propaganda weapon in the creation of a jewish state - so even before the holocaust, Israel was marketed as a safe haven.

  5. #75
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: UK cuts Israel weapons contracts

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Ahh.. no.
    It was 'marketed' as the historic homeland of the Jewish people.
    that is certainly not why other countries intervened.

  6. #76
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,194

    Re: UK cuts Israel weapons contracts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The Jews were not the only people persecuted in the Holocaust. They were not the only ethnic group rounded up and executed.
    No they were not, and nobody claims that they were.
    In fact, I will argue that you are trying to falsify it as if Jews claim that they were the only people who were murdered in the Holocaust by raising this claim.

    The Jews, however, suffered the highest amount of casualties from the holocaust, with over 6 million Jews dead.
    The second group in its size were the Slavs, who've suffered 4.9 million less casualties than the Jews have, which brings it to 1.1 million.
    The Slavs have already had their country, so obviously you didn't mean to them.
    The rest of the groups do not get even close to 1 million casualties.

    Propaganda comes in for the fact that it was only the Jews for which arguments for a homeland were made.
    How is that propaganda?
    So because the Jews are the only ones who took manners to hands it is called Propaganda?
    Do you listen to yourself sometimes?
    You obviously just claimed that because other groups who suffered from the holocaust didn't work towards independence, it means that the Jews' partook in propaganda.
    This is absolutely bizarre and by no means acceptable.
    And I don't find the holocaust to be justifiable reason for the creation of a new country in hostile lands.
    Are you trying to imply it was the only reason?
    Are you trying to imply that the Jews based their claim for the land solely on the Holocaust?
    Other groups would have gotten homelands, or no one would have gotten homelands.
    Again you claim that if other groups didn't work towards their own homelands it means that the Jews partook in propaganda.
    This would only make the slightest bit of sense if it wasn't the Jews but the international community who'd work towards the Jews' independence.
    By saying that you would actually bring into question the reason for them to aid the Jews alone in their work towards an homeland, while not aiding the rest of the groups.
    Obviously, that is not what happened, the Jews weren't helped by the international community and did everything on their own, moving from an empire to an empire, asking for permission and being refused.
    But your statement seems to be in complete ignorance over the fact that Nazi Germany did not just go after the Jews.
    Nazi Germany did not just go after the Jews.
    This statement coming from me just canceled and obliterated your claim.
    You make it seem like it was just the Jews. If you want to claim cause and effect from the holocaust that is.
    How so?
    The holocaust is one of the causes, a minor cause if I may add, but one of the causes.
    And it had an effect.
    I simply stated a fact.
    Who's using propaganda to redefine reality now?
    The one who's uneducated on the subjects he debates on in an astonishing way.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 07-13-09 at 01:28 PM.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  7. #77
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,194

    Re: UK cuts Israel weapons contracts

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    that is certainly not why other countries intervened.
    Neither was the holocaust.
    What was the Balfour declaration date again?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  8. #78
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,194

    Re: UK cuts Israel weapons contracts

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Theodor Herzl wrote of using antisemitism as a propaganda weapon in the creation of a jewish state - so even before the holocaust, Israel was marketed as a safe haven.
    No he has not.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  9. #79
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: UK cuts Israel weapons contracts

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Neither was the holocaust.
    What was the Balfour declaration date again?
    The Balfour declaration did not form the Jewish State.

  10. #80
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,194

    Re: UK cuts Israel weapons contracts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    This thread itself supports my claim. Britain pulls out its weapons contract and all of a sudden, they're caving into the "other side" or whatever else you want to call it. All because they aren't going to support Israel militarily, or at least sell them guns. You people were all over them for doing so, despite that it's their right and they didn't do it for no reason. You're just a biased source in the end, and you don't seem to care about ignoring parts of history or even the present to make your point.
    The heck you're talking about.
    All I did in this thread was showing disappointment in the way Britain succumbs to propaganda.
    I did not make an enemy out of them or anything like that.
    You should watch carefully what letters you type on when you let your hands fall on the keyboard like that.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •