Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 308

Thread: Palin says she's not leaving politics

  1. #101
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Palin says she's not leaving politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    No, dear. I'm a moderate. Remember us? We're the people who aren't part of your koolaid swilling contests. For the record, I'm pro-limits on abortion, hawkish, and pro-limiting government spending. I'm just not homophobic.
    Yes, I remember moderates... they pushed McCain in the primaries then voted Obama... I'm not homophobic, but thank's for playing that card!


    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    That's the reason she's given, yes. But, I don't find it plausible, nor do I believe her.
    Of course you don't, you're not really moderate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    YOu know how I know Sarah Palin (or for that matter, any other politician) is lying? Her lips are moving.
    Fascinating.


    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    As an old-fashioned woman, I say that if you sign up to do a job, you should do it. Sarah Palin had her head turned by hollywood, and has abdicated her responsibility to her constituents. That's not conservative.
    Yep, that's EXACTLY what the NY Times, Marueen Dowd and Huffington post are saying! Amazing you share their views.

    Palin was quite true to her character of being against wasteful spending, and watching millions being spent by the state to counter and endless stream of frivolous litigation was not her idea of smart. Stepping aside, saving the state money and letting her Lt. step up and finish what she started was 100% in line with her principles.

    People like you, so called moderates that parrot the left wing media's POV on Palin are not folks whom I find any credibility in. You claim to be X but you act like Y.

    Actions > Words.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #102
    Professor
    Marilyn Monroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    03-06-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Palin says she's not leaving politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    She'd have more credibility if she'd put in some time in the trenches as governor, and finished her term. The fact that this woman is now considered "real" and genuine by some is pretty sad.
    She explained that being governor was costing everybody too much time and money, plus I suspect she wanted a little time for the media to forget about her and to leave her kids alone. Smart all the way around. Now she can do something else that will show herself off, and polish her skills. She's still quite young. She has time.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Palin says she's not leaving politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Monroe View Post
    She explained that being governor was costing everybody too much time and money, plus I suspect she wanted a little time for the media to forget about her and to leave her kids alone. Smart all the way around. Now she can do something else that will show herself off, and polish her skills. She's still quite young. She has time.
    The GOP could find a paleo-conservative without all the baggage (I don't even buy Palin being that form of conservative, she runs her mouth about it, but there's relatively little to back it up besides half a governorship) and more intelligent and able to better handle the press. I don't see why people are all caught up with this woman when in most likelihood, there could be better candidates out there.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Palin says she's not leaving politics

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    People like you, so called moderates that parrot the left wing media's POV on Palin are not folks whom I find any credibility in. You claim to be X but you act like Y.

    Actions > Words.
    Anything that helps you maintain your paradigm, Vicchio. I don't consider Palin a strong representation of convervativism, and there are better fish in the conservative sea, with fewer of the deficits that Palin sports.

    For the life of me, I can't understand why so many people have bought her (quite obvious) game.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Palin says she's not leaving politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Anything that helps you maintain your paradigm, Vicchio. I don't consider Palin a strong representation of convervativism, and there are better fish in the conservative sea, with fewer of the deficits that Palin sports.

    For the life of me, I can't understand why so many people have bought her (quite obvious) game.
    Please, name three people you consider better "Conservatives"

    This should be enlightenning.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Palin says she's not leaving politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Monroe View Post
    She explained that being governor was costing everybody too much time and money, plus I suspect she wanted a little time for the media to forget about her and to leave her kids alone.
    If that is the case, then she shouldn't run for president, because as president she will cost the taxpayers even more. So if she runs in 2012 she is a lying hypocrite correct?

  7. #107
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Palin says she's not leaving politics

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    If that is the case, then she shouldn't run for president, because as president she will cost the taxpayers even more. So if she runs in 2012 she is a lying hypocrite correct?



    Hmm, how come you never hold Obama to this same standard?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Palin says she's not leaving politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Hmm, how come you never hold Obama to this same standard?
    Obama didn't quit because he said he was costing the taxpayers now did he?

    Why would I hold him to the same standard when he didn't quit?

  9. #109
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Palin says she's not leaving politics

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Obama didn't quit because he said he was costing the taxpayers now did he?

    Why would I hold him to the same standard when he didn't quit?



    How long was he in the senate?


    You alleged she was a "lying hypocrite"

    What about the smoking legislation obama signed?

    What about the promise for the public to review bills for 5 days?

    What about him picking a racist for SCOTUS?

    What about Obama promising not to tax health benefits?


    Please.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #110
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Palin says she's not leaving politics

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Obama didn't quit because he said he was costing the taxpayers now did he?

    Why would I hold him to the same standard when he didn't quit?
    Yeah, because we know he don't give a rat's ass about costing the tax payers money on BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •