Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

Thread: Cheney linked to concealment of CIA briefings

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Cheney linked to concealment of CIA briefings

    So Cheney can order the CIA to lie to and keep congress out of the loop.
    Cheney can out CIA agents in the field.

    Both for political gain....peww I think I smell fried dick.

  2. #32
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Cheney linked to concealment of CIA briefings

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Well then it would fall under the United States Supreme Court to order such thing and this will never happen US Codes are passed by Congress and can't be undone unless they go thru the Court System.

    Beside do you know what US Code 50 is and what would happen if Congress tried to re-write US Code 50.
    "US Code 50" refers to all of the following. Please cite the passage you believe protects the CIA from congressional oversight:

    Chapter 1 - Council of National Defense
    Chapter 2 - Board of Ordnance and Fortification
    Chapter 3 - Alien Enemies
    Chapter 4 - Espionage
    Chapter 4a - Photographing, Sketching, Mapping, Etc., Defensive Installations
    Chapter 4b - Disclosure of Classified Information
    Chapter 4c - Atomic Weapons and Special Nuclear Materials Information Rewards
    Chapter 5 - Arsenals, Armories, Arms, and war Material Generally
    Willful Destruction, Etc., of war or National-defense Material
    Chapter 7 - Interference With Homing Pigeons Owned by United States
    Chapter 8 - Explosives; Manufacture, Distribution, Storage, Use, and Possession Regulated
    Chapter 9 - Aircraft
    Chapter 10 - Helium gas
    Acquisition of and Expenditures on Land for National-defense Purposes
    Chapter 12 - Vessels in Territorial Waters of United States
    Chapter 13 - Insurrection
    Chapter 14 - Wartime Voting by Land and Naval Forces
    Chapter 15 - National Security
    Chapter 16 - Defense Industrial Reserves
    Chapter 17 - Arming American Vessels
    Air-warning Screen
    Chapter 19 - Guided Missiles
    Chapter 20 - Wind Tunnels
    Chapter 21 - Abacaae1 Production
    Chapter 22 - Uniform Code of Military Justice
    Chapter 22a - Representation of Armed Forces Personnel Before Foreign Judicial Tribunals
    Chapter 23 - Internal Security
    Chapter 24 - National Defense Facilities
    Chapter 25 - Armed Forces Reserve
    Chapter 26 - Gifts for Defense Purposes
    Chapter 27 - Reserve Officer Personnel Program
    Chapter 28 - Status of Armed Forces Personnel Appointed to Service Academies
    Chapter 29 - National Defense Contracts
    Chapter 30 - Federal Absentee Voting Assistance
    Chapter 31 - Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations
    Chapter 32 - Chemical and Biological Warfare Program
    Chapter 33 - war Powers Resolution
    Chapter 34 - National Emergencies
    Chapter 35 - International Emergency Economic Powers
    Chapter 36 - Foreign Intelligence Surveillance
    Chapter 37 - National Security Scholarships, Fellowships, and Grants
    Chapter 38 - Central Intelligence Agency Retirement and Disability
    Chapter 39 - Spoils of war
    Chapter 40 - Defense Against Weapons of Mass Destruction
    Chapter 41 - National Nuclear Security Administration

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Cheney linked to concealment of CIA briefings

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    "US Code 50" refers to all of the following. Please cite the passage you believe protects the CIA from congressional oversight:

    Chapter 1 - Council of National Defense
    Chapter 2 - Board of Ordnance and Fortification
    Chapter 3 - Alien Enemies
    Chapter 4 - Espionage
    Chapter 4a - Photographing, Sketching, Mapping, Etc., Defensive Installations
    Chapter 4b - Disclosure of Classified Information
    Chapter 4c - Atomic Weapons and Special Nuclear Materials Information Rewards
    Chapter 5 - Arsenals, Armories, Arms, and war Material Generally
    Willful Destruction, Etc., of war or National-defense Material
    Chapter 7 - Interference With Homing Pigeons Owned by United States
    Chapter 8 - Explosives; Manufacture, Distribution, Storage, Use, and Possession Regulated
    Chapter 9 - Aircraft
    Chapter 10 - Helium gas
    Acquisition of and Expenditures on Land for National-defense Purposes
    Chapter 12 - Vessels in Territorial Waters of United States
    Chapter 13 - Insurrection
    Chapter 14 - Wartime Voting by Land and Naval Forces
    Chapter 15 - National Security
    Chapter 16 - Defense Industrial Reserves
    Chapter 17 - Arming American Vessels
    Air-warning Screen
    Chapter 19 - Guided Missiles
    Chapter 20 - Wind Tunnels
    Chapter 21 - Abacaae1 Production
    Chapter 22 - Uniform Code of Military Justice
    Chapter 22a - Representation of Armed Forces Personnel Before Foreign Judicial Tribunals
    Chapter 23 - Internal Security
    Chapter 24 - National Defense Facilities
    Chapter 25 - Armed Forces Reserve
    Chapter 26 - Gifts for Defense Purposes
    Chapter 27 - Reserve Officer Personnel Program
    Chapter 28 - Status of Armed Forces Personnel Appointed to Service Academies
    Chapter 29 - National Defense Contracts
    Chapter 30 - Federal Absentee Voting Assistance
    Chapter 31 - Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations
    Chapter 32 - Chemical and Biological Warfare Program
    Chapter 33 - war Powers Resolution
    Chapter 34 - National Emergencies
    Chapter 35 - International Emergency Economic Powers
    Chapter 36 - Foreign Intelligence Surveillance
    Chapter 37 - National Security Scholarships, Fellowships, and Grants
    Chapter 38 - Central Intelligence Agency Retirement and Disability
    Chapter 39 - Spoils of war
    Chapter 40 - Defense Against Weapons of Mass Destruction
    Chapter 41 - National Nuclear Security Administration
    Chapter 4B,23 and 36

    Also as I have stated the CIA/NSC/NSA/DoD only have to report to the Gang of Eight that is all by the Law.

  4. #34
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Cheney linked to concealment of CIA briefings

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Chapter 4B,23 and 36

    Also as I have stated the CIA/NSC/NSA/DoD only have to report to the Gang of Eight that is all by the Law.
    I do not find the details of those citations, please link them if you can.
    The problem with this assasination program is that it was not reported to the "gang of 8" and the incoming administration was not informed of its existence. I don't think any of the US Codes protect Cheney on that.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Cheney linked to concealment of CIA briefings

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I do not find the details of those citations, please link them if you can.
    The problem with this assasination program is that it was not reported to the "gang of 8" and the incoming administration was not informed of its existence. I don't think any of the US Codes protect Cheney on that.
    Yes Congress was briefed if you bother to go and read the three different article about it. It was stated that 1 Congress was told about it right after 9/11 2 It never got off the drawning board hence Congress didn't need to know about it.

    Question do you know how many different idea's get kicked around at CIA Headquaters that never get pass the discussion stage.

    As for what and if Mr.Cheney ever told certain CIA Officials not to tell Congress we will all have wait and see if that is true but I would like to point out from the get go Mr. Bush said that we would use all aviable items to go after Al Quada and one other thing the President and Vic President can under Ex. Priv. instruct for items to be keep from Congress because of National Security Reasons.

  6. #36
    Student Catman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    07-14-09 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    176

    Re: Cheney linked to concealment of CIA briefings

    Does anyone else find it strange that the adm. chooses to bring up the Cheney thing again, after they have already said it's a non-starter? IMO, this will take the MSM out of the stories about Pelosi and the financial crisis that Obama is increasing every day. Please don't forget this adm. comes from Chicago.

  7. #37
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Cheney linked to concealment of CIA briefings

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Yes Congress was briefed if you bother to go and read the three different article about it. It was stated that 1 Congress was told about it right after 9/11 2 It never got off the drawning board hence Congress didn't need to know about it.

    Question do you know how many different idea's get kicked around at CIA Headquaters that never get pass the discussion stage.

    As for what and if Mr.Cheney ever told certain CIA Officials not to tell Congress we will all have wait and see if that is true but I would like to point out from the get go Mr. Bush said that we would use all aviable items to go after Al Quada and one other thing the President and Vic President can under Ex. Priv. instruct for items to be keep from Congress because of National Security Reasons.
    Excuse me, the DCI just learned of this operation and briefed Congress FOR THE FIRST TIME last week. If it was "in the discussion stage" it wouldn't be an operation and wouldn't have to be closed down.
    I'm still waiting for you to find the US Code that exonerates Cheney.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Cheney linked to concealment of CIA briefings

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Excuse me, the DCI just learned of this operation and briefed Congress FOR THE FIRST TIME last week. If it was "in the discussion stage" it wouldn't be an operation and wouldn't have to be closed down.
    I'm still waiting for you to find the US Code that exonerates Cheney.
    Wrong in Sept of 2001 Mr. Bush made a public comment that we(United States) was going to hunt down the leaders of Al Quada and that this was going to be done both in the open and by covert ways. The CIA Brief Congress on programs that they were looking at. So yes Congress and the Gang of Eight were told about this program.

    As for Mr Cheney I told you already Ex. Priv end of discussion on that front I suggest before you make another post about Mr Cheney you go and read up on Ex. Priv.

  9. #39
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,425

    Re: Cheney linked to concealment of CIA briefings

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Wrong in Sept of 2001 Mr. Bush made a public comment that we(United States) was going to hunt down the leaders of Al Quada and that this was going to be done both in the open and by covert ways. The CIA Brief Congress on programs that they were looking at. So yes Congress and the Gang of Eight were told about this program.

    As for Mr Cheney I told you already Ex. Priv end of discussion on that front I suggest before you make another post about Mr Cheney you go and read up on Ex. Priv.
    Look, don't try using the President making an ambiguous comment in a press statement the same as informing Congress.
    *insert profound statement here*

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Cheney linked to concealment of CIA briefings

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Look, don't try using the President making an ambiguous comment in a press statement the same as informing Congress.
    But I'm not the GAng of Eight was brief either the same day or a few days later by the CIA on what they plan on doing. It's in one of the many article out their on this topic.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •