Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 143

Thread: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

  1. #21
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    So are you opposed to birth control as well? We're just wasting our time promoting birth control in Africa, right? Who cares if the population is doubling every generation, causing total environmental and economic collapse?
    Ain't my problem. Sooner, or later, you have to stand back and let Darwinism take care of the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #22
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    You mean like..... take money away from mothers on welfare who keep having one baby after another?

    Maybe take the kids away after 1?

    How do you get the poor to have fewer kids if you pay them more for each one?
    By allowing them to have abortions. Hence this thread.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  3. #23
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You are completely missing what I am saying or blatantly misconstruing what I am saying...not sure which.

    What I am saying is that the pro-life movement is 100% behind protecting the fetus, however as soon as the fetus becomes a child, they are against doing anything to support the child.
    I doubt that you could find one person who feels that way.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  4. #24
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ain't my problem. Sooner, or later, you have to stand back and let Darwinism take care of the problem.
    I find it funny that you adopt this attitude less than one page after you were so sanctimoniously horrified that Ginsburg would even mention trying to reduce the birth rate among the poor. You're funny.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  5. #25
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    I doubt that you could find one person who feels that way.
    Mpg, meet apdst! It's "not his problem." If people are stupid enough to be born in the wrong country or to the wrong parents, then they deserve to die.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  6. #26
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    I find it funny that you adopt this attitude less than one page after you were so sanctimoniously horrified that Ginsburg would even mention trying to reduce the birth rate among the poor. You're funny.
    I was horrified? Please quote me. I don't recall being horrified. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #27
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Mpg, meet apdst! It's "not his problem." If people are stupid enough to be born in the wrong country or to the wrong parents, then they deserve to die.
    Trillions of dollars in aid have been pumped into Africa and things have only gotten worse. Ultimately, helping them and forcing them to become dependent on our aid money is actually hurting them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #28
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I was horrified? Please quote me. I don't recall being horrified. Thank you.
    You compared encouraging the poor to have fewer kids to the Holocaust.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  9. #29
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Trillions of dollars in aid have been pumped into Africa and things have only gotten worse. Ultimately, helping them and forcing them to become dependent on our aid money is actually hurting them.
    But you weren't making an economic argument against foreign aid. You were making a not-my-problem argument. Hence you are a perfect example of what disneydude was talking about in post #8.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  10. #30
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    You compared encouraging the poor to have fewer kids to the Holocaust.
    No, tahts not what I did. Read it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •