Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 143

Thread: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

  1. #121
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    A fetus is not a human being, because human beings breathe air.

    If you can't understand the terminology, then don't use it.
    I understand the terminology just fine. And a fetus does "breath" air, through the mother.

    See how that works?

    Biology, it's amazing!
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #122
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    No.
    Are you saying that not being religious is a "flawed view of reality"? Should the state enforce your religion?
    Man, you are a walking strawman aren't you?

    My point was, just because your "personal belief" system is one thing, doesn't mean you have the right of it.

    But you missed that, because it was a deeper thought then you usually have.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #123
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Man, you are a walking strawman aren't you?

    My point was, just because your "personal belief" system is one thing, doesn't mean you have the right of it.

    But you missed that, because it was a deeper thought then you usually have.
    OK. You have your personal beliefs. I have mine. But in a democratic society, your beliefs aren't sufficient to change the law unless you can convince people that they're right. So I'll hear you out:

    Please explain what you think makes human life "sacred" (remember I'm not religious) as opposed to any other form of life...and please define what a human is.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Arrow Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I understand the terminology just fine. And a fetus does "breath" air, through the mother.
    No it doesn't. You are simply factually wrong. A fetus's blood is oxygenated by close contact with high O2 maternal blood at the placental interface.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    See how that works?

    Biology, it's amazing!
    Biology, you don't seem to know a darn thing about it !

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Human beings breathe air.

    Dogs breathe air.

    By your reasoning, humans are dogs and vice versa.
    No, that is YOUR reasoning. That's why when I quote it, it says "celticlord" at the top of the box.
    Last edited by Voidwar; 07-11-09 at 03:20 PM.

  6. #126
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    No, that is YOUR reasoning. That's why when I quote it, it says "celticlord" at the top of the box.
    So you admit your argument was foolish and vapid. Thank you.

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Arrow Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    So you admit your argument was foolish and vapid. Thank you.
    Thats not what happened at all. You attempted to strawman me, and I called out and discreditted the attempt.

    Don't make stuff up and claim its my argument or "my reasoning", when it is not, and you will not be taken to task for strawmanning.

  8. #128
    Advisor Don't Tase Me Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-22-09 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    446

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Which is why there is a lot of truth to the argument that the Pro-life Movement is all about protecting the fetus. Once the fetus becomes a child they have no interest in the government doing anything to support the child.
    It's not the government's role to support anyone. If you don't want to have to take care of a child, don't get pregnant. There is no excuse for an unwanted pregnancy today. Birth control is widely available and free to those who can't afford it.

  9. #129
    Advisor Don't Tase Me Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-22-09 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    446

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    It's not like she said that she SUPPORTED that rationale at the time. Besides, you forgot that she concluded that statement by saying "And then I realized that my perception of it had been altogether wrong."

    However, that *is* the best effect of abortion IMO. Reducing the birth rate among the poor will help keep down the costs for entitlement programs, reduce crime, protect the environment, and generally improve the quality of life for Americans.
    Ginsburg did not support that rationale. When she was going through her confirmation hearings she stated that she felt Roe was bad law.

  10. #130
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    No it doesn't. You are simply factually wrong. A fetus's blood is oxygenated by close contact with high O2 maternal blood at the placental interface.



    Biology, you don't seem to know a darn thing about it !
    The mother does the breathing. The child absorbs it. Damn that was easy to figure out. Next.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •