Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 143

Thread: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    From your middle link . . .

    Edward Glaeser, a Harvard professor who helped referee Mr. Levitt's original abortion submission to the Quarterly Journal of Economics, said the Foote critique isn't damning, though it does suggest the impact of abortion on crime has not been as strong as Mr. Levitt has argued. "These guys have put the [data] through the wringer," Mr. Glaeser says of Mr. Foote and his research assistant. "There is no question that the results get smaller and weaker, but there still seems to be something there."

  2. #112
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by mixedmedia View Post
    uh, I disagree. now what? Got some ultimate trump card?
    No.

    You either believe that life is sacred, or you believe a woman's "choice" is sacred. I choose life, you choose otherwise.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #113
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    And Jews and Gypsies weren't the moral equivalent of human beings either, your point being?
    So because actual human beings weren't considered human beings, does it logically follow that things that everything in existence should be considered the moral equivalent of human beings?
    Last edited by Kandahar; 07-11-09 at 02:28 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  4. #114
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    So because actual human beings weren't considered human beings, does it logically follow that things that aren't human beings should be considered human beings?
    A fetus is a human being, you only reach the conclusion they are not because it fits an idealogical position that you back. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #115
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    No.

    You either believe that life is sacred, or you believe a woman's "choice" is sacred. I choose life, you choose otherwise.
    What about those of us who aren't religious at all and the whole concept of sanctity is therefore meaningless?
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  6. #116
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    A fetus is a human being, you only reach the conclusion they are not because it fits an idealogical position that you back. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Please define "human being," and explain what it is about those entities that makes them entitled to rights that other animals are not entitled to.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Arrow Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    A fetus is a human being, you only reach the conclusion they are not because it fits an idealogical position that you back. Nothing more, nothing less.
    A fetus is not a human being, because human beings breathe air.

    If you can't understand the terminology, then don't use it.

  8. #118
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    What about those of us who aren't religious at all and the whole concept of sanctity is therefore meaningless?
    There are people that see no problem in killing another human being that has wronged them, or insulted their honor. Should we allow them to escape justice and be held accountable just because they have a flawed view of reality?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #119
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    What about those of us who aren't religious at all and the whole concept of sanctity is therefore meaningless?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    There are people that see no problem in killing another human being that has wronged them, or insulted their honor. Should we allow them to escape justice and be held accountable just because they have a flawed view of reality?
    No.
    Are you saying that not being religious is a "flawed view of reality"? Should the state enforce your religion?
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  10. #120
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    A fetus is not a human being, because human beings breathe air.
    Human beings breathe air.

    Dogs breathe air.

    By your reasoning, humans are dogs and vice versa.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •