Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 108

Thread: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

  1. #61
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You want us to believe how brilliantly infalable you are and you keep saying the same thing over and over.

    At one time, "scientists", thought that the world was flat. There was a time in American history when, "scientists", thought that infection was caused by a toxic vapor in the air. During the Civil War, when a soldier's wound was turning ganrenous, I'm sure he had faith then the doctor told him, "we'll just leave crusted and bloody bandage on there a few more days. It should be fine".


    Granted science has done alot for the world. However, it's not the alpha and the omega of information on any particular subject.
    Can you actually refute any of the facts or real world examples I have laid out as to how government uses science and how it makes policy and laws for certain things based on scientific study and result? Yes or no?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #62
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,540

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Can you actually refute any of the facts or real world examples I have laid out as to how government uses science and how it makes policy and laws for certain things based on scientific study and result? Yes or no?
    Sure I can. We can take a tally of the number of class action lawsuits that we see on TV sueing drug companies for drugs, approved by scientists as safe that wound up killing people. I bet someone had faith in them scientists, too.

    Are you able to support the notion that gangrene was caused by noxious aerial vapors?
    Last edited by apdst; 07-09-09 at 06:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Seen
    02-03-11 @ 08:17 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    585

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    How much money do those groups stand to make from global warming grants? Is it millions, or billions?
    Oh, it's definitely billions. Al Gore has already raked in over a $100 million personally, and that's just his personal cut; he'll be a billionaire in just a couple of years, and then there are the university 'research' payoffs to reach the proper 'data interpretations', and then the tax breaks for big Corporations, and the financing of the bonds and IPO's, etc., right on down the line.

    At least that is what they're hoping will happen, but apparently the Cake Eaters have absolutely no idea how bankrupt the peasants are they need to shake down to pay for all of this, like a whole entire upper income demographic as ignorant as Marie Antoinette was when we wondered why there were bread riots in Paris and uttered her famous 'observation'.

    Whether or not global warming is actually real or not is not a concern. We've all been told it is by our Masters, and that's that.
    Last edited by Picaro; 07-09-09 at 06:27 PM.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Sure I can. We can take a tally of the number of class action lawsuits that we see on TV sueing drug companies for drugs, approved by scientists as safe that wound up killing people. I bet someone had faith in them scientists, too.
    There are certainly some inefficiencies pushed by market forces of the FDA and some things which are not properly researched. That, however, does not negate the fact that things such as technologies, drugs, and other innovations are necessary for the continued growth and defense of the country. Nor does it negate the fact that the government uses and funds science specifically to accomplish things on its ends and needs the developing science to maintain modern day economy and military. You stated there should be a forced separation of science and state, which means the state would not fund any scientific research. Which means you could not produce the military we have now, we would not have the medical advancements and proceedures we have now, and we wouldn't have the available technologies the public at large now possess.

    Yes, there have been cases of incomplete science and unforeseen side effects. However, more people owe their lives to science and advancement of technology than don't. Things such as pencillin for example has saved countless, pasteurization, understanding of medical disease and proper treatments, the development of new drugs, of new safer technologies implemented in a wide variety of things from household appliances to cars. Is your argument that science has overall done more harm than good and should be removed in full from government?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Let's not make this about science vs. religion. Let's just concentrate on the giant and massive farce that is AGW theory. We are experiencing a cooling trend in global temperatures that has lasted for approximately eight years now - this is in utter contradiction with the predictions of AGW theory. As we all know, when a scientific theory fails to make accurate predictions, it is consequently rendered invalid.

  6. #66
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,540

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    There are certainly some inefficiencies pushed by market forces of the FDA and some things which are not properly researched. That, however, does not negate the fact that things such as technologies, drugs, and other innovations are necessary for the continued growth and defense of the country. Nor does it negate the fact that the government uses and funds science specifically to accomplish things on its ends and needs the developing science to maintain modern day economy and military. You stated there should be a forced separation of science and state, which means the state would not fund any scientific research. Which means you could not produce the military we have now, we would not have the medical advancements and proceedures we have now, and we wouldn't have the available technologies the public at large now possess.

    Yes, there have been cases of incomplete science and unforeseen side effects. However, more people owe their lives to science and advancement of technology than don't. Things such as pencillin for example has saved countless, pasteurization, understanding of medical disease and proper treatments, the development of new drugs, of new safer technologies implemented in a wide variety of things from household appliances to cars. Is your argument that science has overall done more harm than good and should be removed in full from government?

    However, you're insisting that we must have faith that things are properly researched and that the science is complete and that there are no unforseen side effects. Sounds like a religion to me. All of us among the swinish masses aren't educated in the sciences, just like we're not educated in theology, therefore, either way, we're putting our faith in someone that we deem to know more than we do. All-n-all, scientists have turned out to be wrong more often than preachers have turned out to be wrong. Except, most times, when scientists are wrong, people die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Let's not make this about science vs. religion. Let's just concentrate on the giant and massive farce that is AGW theory. We are experiencing a cooling trend in global temperatures that has lasted for approximately eight years now - this is in utter contradiction with the predictions of AGW theory. As we all know, when a scientific theory fails to make accurate predictions, it is consequently rendered invalid.
    The whole "the sky is falling" stuff was made up completely. The truth is that there isn't enough research for us to fully understand global weather dynamics. Now you can ask rationally do we have an effect on the environment. And I think clearly the answer to that is yes. Our presence and actions do have some effect. What degree is that effect? It's unknown. It's not 100% though, we just can't influence global trends to that extent. But I would bet dollars to donuts that it's not 0% either. If I had to guess, I would say we probably have a 5-10% tops effect. That doesn't mean we shouldn't worry or shouldn't do things to lessen our effect. But it doesn't mean we need to go overboard and chicken little it up either. Continue to push new, green technologies and investigate alternate energy sources and such. Mankind has not come this far through stagnation, we should always be looking to improve upon ourselves.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #68
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    However, you're insisting that we must have faith that things are properly researched and that the science is complete and that there are no unforseen side effects. Sounds like a religion to me. All of us among the swinish masses aren't educated in the sciences, just like we're not educated in theology, therefore, either way, we're putting our faith in someone that we deem to know more than we do. All-n-all, scientists have turned out to be wrong more often than preachers have turned out to be wrong. Except, most times, when scientists are wrong, people die.
    I have made no such assertion. I merely commented that your separation of science and state is ridiculous and stated how government needs and funds certain scientific programs and even uses the results of scientific query to make laws and regulations in some cases.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #69
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,540

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Let's not make this about science vs. religion. Let's just concentrate on the giant and massive farce that is AGW theory. We are experiencing a cooling trend in global temperatures that has lasted for approximately eight years now - this is in utter contradiction with the predictions of AGW theory. As we all know, when a scientific theory fails to make accurate predictions, it is consequently rendered invalid.
    That's why global warming is the farce that it is. We're all supposed to blindly accept the word of a few scientists that it's fact and empty our pockets to pay them to figure out how to stop it. Sounds alot like, "tithing", to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Let's not make this about science vs. religion. Let's just concentrate on the giant and massive farce that is AGW theory. We are experiencing a cooling trend in global temperatures that has lasted for approximately eight years now - this is in utter contradiction with the predictions of AGW theory. As we all know, when a scientific theory fails to make accurate predictions, it is consequently rendered invalid.
    Global warming = religion.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •