Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 108

Thread: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ignorance, you say? You're not aware of the billions of dollars spent on global warming research?
    I am going to assume that you were not aware that the four links you posted were all OPINION pieces.

    Because when I ask for FACTS to support your claims, only a total idiot would knowingly post four OP-ED ARTICLES. In fact, someone that stupid wouldn't be able to use a computer; so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that, in your rush to be right, you hastily posted the first links you came across. It happens.

    As soon as you do come across some actual FACTS to back up your claims, please get back to me.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What backs it up? A scientist's word that it's fact? The preacher gives us his word, too. Seems to me that both are based on faith.

    As with religion, there are scientists that say that other scientists are wrong. And, as with religion, it's all about who you want to believe.
    This dismissive statement is all you have. I'm a physicist, I'm capable of rational, unbiased thought. You haven't even proven my bias, you just stated it and then ran away from the debate. I gave real world example of the necessity of science to government and how government uses scientific result to make certain laws. You never countered those, you never stated how they were unjust. You just ran away from the argument. Then you had the gall to claim I didn't want honest debate. All you have is accusation and unsupported claim; I gave real world examples. Again, you fail. You got your ass handed to you on this point and are now trying desprately to backpedal your way out of it. Run away little girl, run away.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #53
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I am going to assume that you were not aware that the four links you posted were all OPINION pieces.

    Because when I ask for FACTS to support your claims, only a total idiot would knowingly post four OP-ED ARTICLES. In fact, someone that stupid wouldn't be able to use a computer; so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that, in your rush to be right, you hastily posted the first links you came across. It happens.

    As soon as you do come across some actual FACTS to back up your claims, please get back to me.

    I already did and all the personal attacks in th world isn't going to change that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I am going to assume that you were not aware that the four links you posted were all OPINION pieces.

    Because when I ask for FACTS to support your claims, only a total idiot would knowingly post four OP-ED ARTICLES. In fact, someone that stupid wouldn't be able to use a computer; so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that, in your rush to be right, you hastily posted the first links you came across. It happens.

    As soon as you do come across some actual FACTS to back up your claims, please get back to me.
    Are you denying the fact that governments are wasting billions of dollars on global warming ....er climate change....research, money which would not be spent if people would grow up and calm down and realize the sky isn't falling, it's just propaganda?

  5. #55
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    This dismissive statement is all you have. I'm a physicist, I'm capable of rational, unbiased thought.

    And, we're supposed to just take your word at that. Right? Have faith in your ability for rational and inbiased thought?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And, we're supposed to just take your word at that. Right? Have faith in your ability for rational and inbiased thought?
    Can you actually refute any of the facts or real world examples I have laid out as to how government uses science and how it makes policy and laws for certain things based on scientific study and result? Yes or no?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1991 View Post
    Actually not, but don't let the facts get in your way.


    Climate Change: NASA's Eyes on the Earth

    United States Global Change Research Program





    These results flatly contradict the predictions of AGW theory.


  8. #58
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You got your ass handed to you on this point
    You want us to believe how brilliantly infalable you are and you keep saying the same thing over and over.

    At one time, "scientists", thought that the world was flat. There was a time in American history when, "scientists", thought that infection was caused by a toxic vapor in the air. During the Civil War, when a soldier's wound was turning ganrenous, I'm sure he had faith then the doctor told him, "we'll just leave crusted and bloody bandage on there a few more days. It should be fine".


    Granted science has done alot for the world. However, it's not the alpha and the omega of information on any particular subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #59
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,474

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    A founder of Greenpeace has long disassociated himself with them; doesn't think they follow the original mission.
    He is out throwing acid at whaling vessels now.

    How that translates into a self sustaining job I have no idea.
    Thank you

  10. #60
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Are you denying the fact that governments are wasting billions of dollars on global warming ....er climate change....research, money which would not be spent if people would grow up and calm down and realize the sky isn't falling, it's just propaganda?
    I think that definitely some people go overboard with the results and interpret things which don't have proper evidence for. And on those cases we do need to be careful. You can't make policy off of incomplete scientific survey and result. However, I wouldn't necessarily say we are wasting billions of dollars because I think there is lots of proper environmental research which could be done to understand the changing environment and mankind's impact, if any, on the environment. There's no reason not to investigate and research obvious things like this, but we also must make sure to keep a level head about the results. The sky is not falling, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to understand the fundamental dynamics of global weather patterns and effects man could possibly have. And if we have effect, it's reasonable to research ways into how we can mitigate those effects. Though due to consequence of living and how our species interacts with the world, that's probably never going to be zero. But we could work on rational ways to mitigate effects for sure. And I think these are perfectly reasonable areas for funding of research. Mankind has not advanced to the level it is at through stagnation and not pushing new technologies and understanding. Stagnation is slow death.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •