Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 108 of 108

Thread: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

  1. #101
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The whole "the sky is falling" stuff was made up completely. The truth is that there isn't enough research for us to fully understand global weather dynamics. Now you can ask rationally do we have an effect on the environment. And I think clearly the answer to that is yes. Our presence and actions do have some effect. What degree is that effect? It's unknown. It's not 100% though, we just can't influence global trends to that extent. But I would bet dollars to donuts that it's not 0% either. If I had to guess, I would say we probably have a 5-10% tops effect. That doesn't mean we shouldn't worry or shouldn't do things to lessen our effect. But it doesn't mean we need to go overboard and chicken little it up either. Continue to push new, green technologies and investigate alternate energy sources and such. Mankind has not come this far through stagnation, we should always be looking to improve upon ourselves.
    I agree, I will also add that the argument made by environmentalists is not strong enough to further sacrifice our economy or liberties as it stands now.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #102
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They could have gotten hurt. What the hell were the thinking?
    What do you mean "thinking" these are Greenpeacers what does that have to do with thinking?
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  3. #103
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    I don't know why peple are surpised by this stunt. These Grennpeacers are of the same ilk as the PETAburgers, you know bodies of adults and the minds of children.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They could have gotten hurt. What the hell were the thinking?
    Much more importantly, they might have lived through whatever accident they had, and sued.

    Or, they could have damaged the monument. Clearly that's more important than any damage they may have recieved.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Let's see, so far you've called me a liar, an idiot and absurd. Preachers have names for folks that don't believe, too.
    Still can't address any points huh? I called your argument a blatant lie only after you made a blatant lie. I called your argument absurd and ridiculous because it is. If you actually read what I write (which I don't think you really do, you look for little things you can try to deflect on so you don't have to engage in honest debate), I didn't call you an idiot or absurd. So that comment of yours is another hyperbole and spin meant to get you out of debate. If you don't like it, don't make blatant lies or absurd and ridiculous statements. I'll call your statements as I see them. Now, are you still only going to deflect deflect deflect, or are you going to address anything I have previously said? Yes or no?
    Last edited by Ikari; 07-10-09 at 12:27 PM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #106
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    When dealing with hypothesis and theory someone making the statement would be correct. As is MMGW is a theory at best and the evidence for is weakening, the best data now is in the form of static computer models which don't factor in the dynamic nature of our ecology and it's complete relationship to exterior solar and gravitational factors, which we still haven't fully explained, as it stands, the global warming theory is as much dogma as any organized religion.
    This basically describes believers in the man made global warming fairy tale religion.

    religion definition | Dictionary.com
    the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices, something one believes and follows devoutly, a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects, strict faithfulness; devotion, A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.





    Since most atheist would probably define religion as "a belief in something not real", then this definition would also apply to the believers in the man made global warming fairy tale religion.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #107
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,315

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Still can't address any points huh? I called your argument a blatant lie only after you made a blatant lie. I called your argument absurd and ridiculous because it is. If you actually read what I write (which I don't think you really do, you look for little things you can try to deflect on so you don't have to engage in honest debate), I didn't call you an idiot or absurd. So that comment of yours is another hyperbole and spin meant to get you out of debate. If you don't like it, don't make blatant lies or absurd and ridiculous statements. I'll call your statements as I see them. Now, are you still only going to deflect deflect deflect, or are you going to address anything I have previously said? Yes or no?
    What's next? You gonna call me a heaten? Or, a heretic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #108
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    04-04-10 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    105

    Re: Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

    I still think that it is funny how many promises Barry made before getting into office, and how few he has kept.

    The Greenpeace people had no right to deface a national monument. They should be charged with taking the banner down, and then get arrested.

    It wouldn't surprise me if by the end of his term, some radical Obama worshipers try to convince America to actually carve his face into Mount Rushmore.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •