Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 96

Thread: U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

  1. #1
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

    The reall objective of Krew Obama. Now they can say, in 2012, "We killed your jobs, but we were johnny on the spot with the food stamps. See how much better we did?"


    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Enrollment in the major U.S. antihunger program, food stamps, grew by 1.2 million people in two months and stands at a record 33.8 million people, the government said on Wednesday.

    Food stamps helped one in nine Americans buy groceries during April, according to Agriculture Department figures. The average benefit of $133.28 per person was up $40 due to a short-term increase under the economic stimulus package.

    U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months | U.S. | Reuters
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #2
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

    Boy, now THAT'S called job creation! Wouldn't you say, NextEra?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

    Yeah they should do the conservative method and leave people on the streets to die without help, that's soooooo much better.

  4. #4
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yeah they should do the conservative method and leave people on the streets to die without help, that's soooooo much better.
    yeah, because death from starvation used to be a huge problem in this country but is so much better today because of your big beautiful heart.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    yeah, because death from starvation used to be a huge problem in this country but is so much better today because of your big beautiful heart.
    It's a whole lot less because of social programs. But again, maybe we should just have a mentality of "I've got mine, who gives a **** about anyone else?"

  6. #6
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It's a whole lot less because of social programs. But again, maybe we should just have a mentality of "I've got mine, who gives a **** about anyone else?"
    The social program isn't considered important enough to work without government force. Good thing you smart people are protecting society from us monsters. You're like a saint really. A modern day Robin Hood.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    The social program isn't considered important enough to work without government force. Good thing you smart people are protecting society from us monsters. You're like a saint really. A modern day Robin Hood.
    Well you could always leave America if you feel you are under such force. I mean you could consider such plush places as China, Iran, or NK if you'd like.

    We wouldn't want you to feel forced and oppressed now here in America.

  8. #8
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well you could always leave America if you feel you are under such force. I mean you could consider such plush places as China, Iran, or NK if you'd like.

    We wouldn't want you to feel forced and oppressed now here in America.
    Now why would I leave a country full of saints such as yourself that protect us from the monsters allowing all those people to die of starvation?

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Now why would I leave a country full of saints such as yourself that protect us from the monsters allowing all those people to die of starvation?
    That and the fact that you know damn well you are not that oppressed or forced. You obvisouly are able to complain about it on the internet which is more than other countries.

    But damn that liberal mindset and all.

  10. #10
    Advisor Don't Tase Me Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-22-09 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    446

    Re: U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    That and the fact that you know damn well you are not that oppressed or forced.
    That so many people like you actually believe that is why we have been slowly losing our freedoms year after year.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •