Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 96

Thread: U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Thank you for proving my point.
    Your point was wrong.

    You seem to think that I, and people like me, owe a debt to others. That debt does not exist. Therefore, it is not the "right" thing to force me, via threats of violence, to cough up money to satisfy your own feelings of guilt.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Your way of thinking says that if child labor makes you money do it. Your way is saying that if women are sex toys and make you money, do it. your way is if you can make your product with slave labor, do it. Your way is that if you have unsafe working conditions and it makes you money, do it.
    yes, you need to tell me what you think I think so that you can then prove that what you think I think is immoral, and therefore because you've shown that what you think what I think is immoral that I must be immoral.

    The only flaw in your argument is that you don't know what I think, you're burning your own little strawman and making yourself feel important.

    How wonderful for you.

    When you can show what I think by quoting me, then you can begin the long hard and totally impossible battle of trying to show I'm wrong.

    Your first task: Prove I owe total strangers a living.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Government says you are wrong and you will change.
    No. Government merely says "gimme that money, punk, or we'll plug ya fulla holes". Government often talks like a gangster in a bad movie from the thirties. I don't know why that is.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Your way says you are ABLE AND WILLING to take advantage of others.
    Sure. Never give a sucker an even break. So long as I'm not lying, and therefore committing fraud, I do nothing wrong that way.

    Then again, I don't use machine guns to get my way.

    I'm not a socialist.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Hundreds of thousands of oil and gas industry jobs, for one. How many people have been laid off in the tobacco industry since the smoking bill passed? With those jobs go all the jobs that support them.
    SPECIFICALLY do not forget the coal miners about to be completely impoverished by the Messiah's Crap&Trade scam.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    His way is doing the same thing as HISTORY HAS SHOWN corpostations as doing.
    My way works, then.

    Corporations.....you know, those organizations that produce....oh, what was it the poor need the most?...oh yeah, those organizations that produce...JOBS.

    Those evil things.

    I like 'em.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The answer is to regulate capitalism out of existance? That makes a truckload of sense. We can all live on the welfare that you Libbos have created for us.
    I'm trying to figure out where the money comes from once the socialists have destroyed all private property, and hence all jobs. They never manage to explain that one.

    They deny it will happen but, to borrow the Caps Lock key, HISTORY tells us otherwise.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    My way works, then.

    Corporations.....you know, those organizations that produce....oh, what was it the poor need the most?...oh yeah, those organizations that produce...JOBS.

    Those evil things.

    I like 'em.
    Yeah those same people that if they could would hire people for slave wages because they were desperate enough just to increase their profits. Yes, it has happened.

  6. #46
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    No, but by doing so, one can make a ****load more. Need an example? Look at what happened to Wall Street. Without regulations, greed wins over morality every single time.
    the people doing the regulating are equally prone to greed...and now they possess more power.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Your point was wrong.

    You seem to think that I, and people like me, owe a debt to others. That debt does not exist. Therefore, it is not the "right" thing to force me, via threats of violence, to cough up money to satisfy your own feelings of guilt.
    Ahh so then you prove my point that you do not care about your fellow man only the profits he can give you.

    Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    yes, you need to tell me what you think I think so that you can then prove that what you think I think is immoral, and therefore because you've shown that what you think what I think is immoral that I must be immoral.
    Yeah, child labor was so immoral that it happened. Women in prostition was so immoral it happened. Spare me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    When you can show what I think by quoting me, then you can begin the long hard and totally impossible battle of trying to show I'm wrong.
    If you think there should be no regulation, you are giving the corporations to do what they HAVE DONE PROVEN IN HISTORY.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    No. Government merely says "gimme that money, punk, or we'll plug ya fulla holes". Government often talks like a gangster in a bad movie from the thirties. I don't know why that is.
    Tell me what government gets from saying a child under a certain age cannot work in a factory?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I'm not a socialist.
    No, you just want unregulated capitalism to put children to work and women as whores.

  8. #48
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    No, but by doing so, one can make a ****load more. Need an example? Look at what happened to Wall Street. Without regulations, greed wins over morality every single time.
    So, the Liberal answer to the problem is to over-regulate and over-tax these companies so they leave the country and set up shop in countries where are no child labor laws, safe working conditions and can pay workers $2 a week, unemploying millions of American workers.

    That makes a helluva lot of sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #49
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I'm trying to figure out where the money comes from once the socialists have destroyed all private property, and hence all jobs. They never manage to explain that one.

    They deny it will happen but, to borrow the Caps Lock key, HISTORY tells us otherwise.
    Yeah, me too!...LOL!!!! They want to raise taxes AND put everyone out of work. That just doesn't compute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: U.S. food stamp tally up 1.2 million in two months

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, the Liberal answer to the problem is to over-regulate and over-tax these companies so they leave the country and set up shop in countries where are no child labor laws, safe working conditions and can pay workers $2 a week, unemploying millions of American workers.

    That makes a helluva lot of sense.
    The conservative mindset is to de-regulate min wage laws so people DO work for those slave wages, but on U.S. ground.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •