Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by Liz Peeps View Post
    What's really funny is that you somehow think I'm "anti-liberal" dude I am WAY further to the left than you could ever HOPE to be and I'm saying don't go around mislabeling other political factions, because all you do is cause confusion and equivocate.

    You're the Equivocator! I'm going to bribe vague into changing your name to "The Equivocator!" Seriously, because that's all you're doing here, you're equivocating.
    /YAWN Your funny and I am laughing my ass off.

    You are further right than you can imagine maybe.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-27-09 @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    740

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    /YAWN Your funny and I am laughing my ass off.

    You are further right than you can imagine maybe.
    What makes you think you have any ground to differentiate left from right, again, here you are equivocating left and right. It's amazing. It just doesn't stop with this guy.

    I mean, really, who the hell do you think is buying it. Who do you think is buying the idea that you know the first thing about politics or political factions. Or language even. Seriously, you're like those people that call things "the bomb" one week, then the next week you call it "the ****". Only you're doing it during an actual discussion. You can't just change the meaning of words like that to fit your preconceived notion of the way things are, any goddamn time you want. Words have to have meaning and they are not open to your interpretation like that. To say one week that a CD is "cool" and the next week call it "hot" that's fine for stupid **** like pop culture nonsense, but in actual politics and philosophy your language needs to remain constant to remain coherent. When you start blurring the meanings like that your argument by definition incoherent.

    Say it with me: equivocation. Eee que yooo eye vee oh cee ay tee eye oh enn. Equivocation.
    Last edited by Liz Peeps; 07-09-09 at 12:40 AM.

  3. #63
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You mean you had something other to say than all liberals are evil? Color me shocked.
    So that's what you chalk up my counter-argument to? Throughout our debate, I've just been coming up with elaborate ways to say liberals are evil? That's fine. Thanks for wasting my time, although it was useful to find out how you react to someone dismantling your logic, for future reference.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by Liz Peeps View Post
    What makes you think you have any ground to differentiate left from right, again, here you are equivocating left and right. It's amazing. It just doesn't stop with this guy.

    I mean, really, who the hell do you think is buying it. Who do you think is buying the idea that you know the first thing about politics or political factions. Or language even. Seriously, you're like those people that call things "the bomb" one week, then the next week you call it "the ****". Only you're doing it during an actual discussion. You can't just change the meaning of words like that to fit your preconceived notion of the way things are, any goddamn time you want. Words have to have meaning and they are not open to your interpretation like that. To say one week that a CD is "cool" and the next week call it "hot" that's fine for stupid **** like pop culture nonsense, but in actual politics and philosophy your language needs to remain constant to remain coherent. When you start blurring the meanings like that your argument by definition incoherent.

    Say it with me: equivocation. Eee que yooo eye vee oh cee ay tee eye oh enn. Equivocation.
    sorry that is the way things are, by definition.

    You are equivocating Liberal = Bad and Conservative = Good. It is hilarious.

    You are the one that cannot stand the definitions for what they are.

    Not everything liberal is bad, Not everything conservative is bad, not everything liberal is good, not everything conservative is good. These are facts, but you are so built up on Liberal=bad conservative = good. It's funny as ****.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-27-09 @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    740

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    sorry that is the way things are, by definition.

    You are equivocating Liberal = Bad and Conservative = Good. It is hilarious.

    You are the one that cannot stand the definitions for what they are.

    Not everything liberal is bad, Not everything conservative is bad, not everything liberal is good, not everything conservative is good. These are facts, but you are so built up on Liberal=bad conservative = good. It's funny as ****.
    This is a classic example of something I see happening a lot here. When you get called out for your fallacies, and are embarrassed by the fact that someone has identified the flaws in your reasoning, they go ahead and accuse someone else of the very thing they are guilty of. You're taking what I said to you, and throwing it back at me with no original thought required.

    I'm not saying everything liberal is bad, I'm not putting a value on liberalism at all. The only thing I'm doing with the term is retaining it's meaning.

    And second, I'm being post-partisan here, so wrap that around your tiny little mind. I mean, how can I be against liberals when I'm a huge fan of Thomas Jefferson, the father of American liberalism?

  6. #66
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,595

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by Liz Peeps View Post
    Well it just goes to show you how easily things can be manipulated. Guys like Jefferson are now called "classic liberals" and the reason they're called classic is because what liberalism is today isn't what it used to be. So to say liberalism is responsible for everything good in the world is so plainly blind ideology speaking. Jefferson is going to end up being marginalized by the liberals, because as "liberalism" is stretched so further out than what is used to be, it's becoming something separate entirely, eventually Jefferson is going to be written in the history books as somewhat a rather fringe character in the creation of the USA, simply because the politics of the future will be so disconnected from what this country was supposed to be founded on. This country was founded mostly by rebels seeking relief from tyrannical government. And as government get bigger, there will be less emphasis on how important rebellion is to freedom.

    Guys like Jefferson are called, "classic Liberals", by the Liberals...LOL!!!! There's some twisted school of thought out there that teaches that the Founders were Liberals because Liberalism is somehow the womb from which freedom was born.

    It's utterly rediculus, because most of the governmental policies included in the Liberal agenda would make Jefferson roll over in his grave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-27-09 @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    740

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's utterly rediculus, because most of the governmental policies included in the Liberal agenda would make Jefferson roll over in his grave.
    that's the point. obama is going to make america energy independent by making the founding fathers spin so fast in their graves, that they can harness and provide energy for all americans and cars that never run out of energy.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •