Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 67

Thread: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-27-09 @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    740

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Uh you are the one that mentioned Dem/Rep not me.
    UH UH UH see how smart I look when I start off by saying UH UH UH UH

    UH, it appears, UH, that you're, UH UH still missing UH the UH po UH int UH

    Because it is changing from the norm a (considered maybe by some progressive). Liberal aka progressive.
    That's ridiculous and ultimately MEANINGLESS way to look at the word liberal. If person A says, "WE NEED HUGE FASCIST HITLER STYLE GOVERNMENT" and another says "WE NEED TO GO BACK TO JEFFERSONIAN PRINCIPLES" are you seriously going to say they are BOTH liberals, DESPITE the fact that they hold diametrically opposing viewpoints? If yes, then what meaning does the word "liberal" hold for you, it's like you're living in a ****ing Orwellian nightmare, either that or you're just equivocating because you don't know what you're babbling on about.

    It actually is Liberal is known as progressive.
    Go read about the history of the Progressive party and when you get done please tell me did the Progressive party have specific political goals they wanted to accomplish, or did they just want to change things constantly because they thought the newer an idea is the better it must be.

    That can be a good or bad thing in situations. Conservative is keeping things the same. You cannot have a PURE conservative or PURE liberal society. It takes a balance which is my point.

    Are you trying to say that a PURE conservative or PURE liberal society can exist?
    And this stuff here is not even worth replying to, again you're missing the point that you're getting too hung up on a single word and your infantile understanding of what you think the word represents.

  2. #52
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    ^^^^Thanks. You saved me another post.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-27-09 @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    740

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Maybe he would by some, but by DEFINITION, he would be liberal. A liberal is considered to be a progressive. Is ALL progressive good?

    Is progressive towards fascism good? Is progressive towards slavery good?

    That doesn't mean all liberalism is bad, but it doesn't mean all liberalism is good.
    It means you're depriving the word liberal of meaning.

    If person A says "we need universal health care and we need it to work right" and so they go and pass a pretty good health care bill and accomplish that goal. And then person B comes along two years from then and says "we need to abolish the health care system" and person A says "no lets not, it's really quite good and affordable"-------is Person A the conservative and Person B the liberal? Because Person A wants to keep a working system around, OBVIOUSLY you think he is a conservative right? And so Person B must be a liberal? Does this make sense to you how you're basically abusing the word? You use of the word like that makes it meaningless. Because if liberal means to be a person who changes things, you really have to ask yourself does that mean changing things regardless of a starting point, or does Liberalism represent a political ideology rather than a mere paradoxical phenomenon.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by Liz Peeps View Post
    UH UH UH see how smart I look when I start off by saying UH UH UH UH

    UH, it appears, UH, that you're, UH UH still missing UH the UH po UH int UH
    Nothing here worth reading from you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Liz Peeps View Post
    That's ridiculous and ultimately MEANINGLESS way to look at the word liberal. If person A says, "WE NEED HUGE FASCIST HITLER STYLE GOVERNMENT" and another says "WE NEED TO GO BACK TO JEFFERSONIAN PRINCIPLES" are you seriously going to say they are BOTH liberals, DESPITE the fact that they hold diametrically opposing viewpoints? If yes, then what meaning does the word "liberal" hold for you, it's like you're living in a ****ing Orwellian nightmare, either that or you're just equivocating because you don't know what you're babbling on about.
    You obviously don't know what liberal means. Your insults are cute, but don't anything about what liberal means.

    Quote Originally Posted by Liz Peeps View Post
    Go read about the history of the Progressive party and when you get done please tell me did the Progressive party have specific political goals they wanted to accomplish, or did they just want to change things constantly because they thought the newer an idea is the better it must be.
    Again, you don't know what a liberal means.


    Quote Originally Posted by Liz Peeps View Post
    And this stuff here is not even worth replying to, again you're missing the point that you're getting too hung up on a single word and your infantile understanding of what you think the word represents.
    And you're hung up on that liberals are evil, so there is no point in talking to you since you don't even know what liberal means.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by Liz Peeps View Post
    It means you're depriving the word liberal of meaning.
    When you know what the word liberal means, come back and talk to me, other than that there is no point in talking to you.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    ^^^^Thanks. You saved me another post.
    You mean you had something other to say than all liberals are evil? Color me shocked.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-27-09 @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    740

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    When you know what the word liberal means, come back and talk to me, other than that there is no point in talking to you.
    When it comes to what words like "liberal" and "conservative" mean in a practical, real-world way, I just whooped your ass boy.

    I called you out, I caught you equivocating because you looked like a giant dufus because you're basically out there doing the good old 1984 thing "conservative is liberalism, liberalism is conservatism" and that's such a zombie way of thinking.

    Whatever, I tried to set you straight. I pray to God that the next generation of Americans to take an interest in politics at least have the integrity to admit that words actually need to have meaning.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by Liz Peeps View Post
    When it comes to what words like "liberal" and "conservative" mean in a practical, real-world way, I just whooped your ass boy.

    I called you out, I caught you equivocating because you looked like a giant dufus because you're basically out there doing the good old 1984 thing "conservative is liberalism, liberalism is conservatism" and that's such a zombie way of thinking.

    Whatever, I tried to set you straight. I pray to God that the next generation of Americans to take an interest in politics at least have the integrity to admit that words actually need to have meaning.
    I explained what liberal and conservative means, you disagreed.

    That doesn't mean you whooped any anyone's ass. You're like a pigeon playing chess ****ting all over the place knocking down pieces and then declaring yourself the winner.

    That's laughable at best.

    You pray to god now? That's funny.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-27-09 @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    740

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    What's really funny is that you somehow think I'm "anti-liberal" dude I am WAY further to the left than you could ever HOPE to be and I'm saying don't go around mislabeling other political factions, because all you do is cause confusion and equivocate.

    You're the Equivocator! I'm going to bribe vague into changing your name to "The Equivocator!" Seriously, because that's all you're doing here, you're equivocating.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-27-09 @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    740

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I explained what liberal and conservative means, you disagreed.

    That doesn't mean you whooped any anyone's ass.

    You pray to god now? That's funny.
    Sing along: equivo-cation! equivo-cation, equivo-cation! equivocating the meaning of words DUN DUN DUN blurring the lines of reason and meaning of words DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNN EQUIVOCATION!!!!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •