Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 67

Thread: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    If you could peek out of your partisan tent for a moment you would see just that.
    Considering I did not approve of the way he did the bailout, your point is idiotic accusing me of being in a partisan tent.

    Nice try but no cigar, unless you want to be Bill Clinton's love toy that is.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, he didn't. Did he?
    doesn't invalidate the point that no matter what Obama does, even if it is good, American and the other Obama haters will find SOMETHING wrong with it.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    $787 billion was just spent in a way that will never help the economy. What is it going to take for you to hold Obama accountable? I would say you are far more biased than any Obama hater, and far more dangerous to the future of this country.
    Considering that the MAJORITY of the stimulus money has yet to even been spent, your point is invalid.

    Now you know, and knowing is half the battle G.I. Joe.

  4. #14
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No it isn't, but Obama could create 1,000,000 new jobs and you would bitch about how he didn't create 1,000,001 because you hate Obama.

    The ODS is in full bloom here.
    I thought personal attacks were out of order.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
    You obviously didn't keep reading because you took the first two paragraphs at face value. What about this part of your OP?



    So, why can't the number of jobs be the criteria for projects getting first dibs? It's because there are times when the priorities have to be about safety of the infrastructure rather than number of bodies applied to said work. Our infrastructure is badly in need of repair and given that we don't even have enough in the stimulus to shore up all our infrastructure, there has to be criteria for what needs most attention now.

    So, it is about job creation, just not about the number of bodies on the ground given a priority in the system of infrastructure.
    Here's the key aspect of the article:

    “The goal of the Recovery Act is to support projects that will create jobs now and usher in a clean energy economy that will also create jobs for years to come,” the spokeswoman, Jen Stutsman, said in a written statement.
    The reason they aren't going to use job creation as the main criterion for stimulus spending is so they can fund their "green revolution", even if we don't want or need it. Policy through imperial edict.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I thought personal attacks were out of order.
    You're absolutely right (my apologies if you thought "Bitch about" is an insult) you and the other Obama haters will COMPLAIN about Obama no matter what he does, even if it is good.

    That better?

  7. #17
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Considering that the MAJORITY of the stimulus money has yet to even been spent, your point is invalid.

    Now you know, and knowing is half the battle G.I. Joe.
    Yes, that's why I used the term "will never" instead of "hasn't".

    Reading comprehension is half the battle NextEra!

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    Yes, that's why I used the term "will never" instead of "hasn't".

    Reading comprehension is half the battle NextEra!
    Ahhh so you were just being partisan, and will hate Obama no matter what he does even if it is good, got it.

    Thanks for letting us know and knowing is half the battle G.I. Joe!!!!

  9. #19
    Professor
    formerroadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,014

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Here's the key aspect of the article:

    The reason they aren't going to use job creation as the main criterion for stimulus spending is so they can fund their "green revolution", even if we don't want or need it. Policy through imperial edict.
    While I will disagree with your partisan hackery and need to blame Obama for anything he does, no matter how well he does it, your premise that we don't need a green revolution is foolish and short sighted.

  10. #20
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Obama Administration Grant Program De-Emphasizing Job Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Ahhh so you were just being partisan, and will hate Obama no matter what he does even if it is good, got it.

    Thanks for letting us know and knowing is half the battle G.I. Joe!!!!
    Really? That's you got out of my post? So let me get this straight, reading a bill and coming to the conclusion that it will not be beneficial to the economy makes me partisan?
    With your logic, anyone who disagrees with this administration is biased and unwilling to give Obama a chance under any circumstances. It's understandable, though. If I were in your position, I would do everything possible to deflect attention away from this obscene misuse of taxpayer money as well. I guess if you can't defend, attack.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •