Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 114

Thread: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Incorrect.

    The Feds have already defined several circumstances under which even natural-born citizens can be stripped of their citizenship, and there is no Constitutional safeguard to prevent the government from expanding those circumstances (aside from an iffy 8th Amendment argument of course).

    If we allow the Feds to imprison non-citizens indefinitely, with or without charges and with or without a conviction, they can do it to any of us.
    Please provide the law where this definition exists.

    Thank you.

  2. #52
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I read the OP and didn't see any proof or credible conclusion suggesting that anyone's human rights are being denied. Please highlight where this is occurring and how it is a violation of human rights for my education and edification.
    They're still holding people in GITMO without charge or conviction, even from a military tribunal.

    That is a denial of human rights.

    The fact that they're talking about detaining them indefinitely on the basis that they are non-citizens and might be dangerous should scare you.

    If the Feds can do it to them, they could do it to you.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    If we allow the Feds to imprison non-citizens indefinitely, with or without charges and with or without a conviction, they can do it to any of us.
    We aren't allowing the Feds to imprison non-citizens indefinitely without charges or without conviction; we are allowing them to hold "any alien unlawful enemy combatant" indefinitely in order to prevent them from killing more innocent people.

    Fascinating that you continue to ignore this FACT or willingly suspend disbelief.

  4. #54
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,403

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    So maybe you should PM the ones you have in mind and ask them to participate.

    There are lots of threads in this forum I never see, simply because I don't have time to look past the top half of the first page of new threads once I've checked out the ones I've replied to lately.




    I remember when I posted like 300 Obama threads....


    250 of them were issue based, and they barely showed.... They prefered the minor stuff.....


    Funny how they found those.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #55
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Incorrect.
    The Feds have already defined several circumstances under which even natural-born citizens can be stripped of their citizenship, and there is no Constitutional safeguard to prevent the government from expanding those circumstances (aside from an iffy 8th Amendment argument of course).
    You'll need to provide examples of this, as I do not beloeve there is any law that allows this.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    They're still holding people in GITMO without charge or conviction, even from a military tribunal.

    That is a denial of human rights.

    The fact that they're talking about detaining them indefinitely on the basis that they are non-citizens and might be dangerous should scare you.

    If the Feds can do it to them, they could do it to you.
    What human rights are they being denied? They are kept in clean facilities, allowed to pray and practice their religion; they are fed three times a day and clothed.

    I guess you refuse to believe that they are alien unlawful enemy combatants who were caught on the battlefield trying to kill or planning to kill our troops or other innocents.

    I guess REALITY doesn't mean much to those who wish to turn this into an absurd case of political partisan nonsense, but REALITY and previously released thugs who ended up killing again suggests that this is a GOOD policy that is managed in a HUMANE way.

    Why do you pretend this is something it isn't? What part of alien unlawful enemy combatant do you willfully refuse to understand?

    Let me ask you something that deals with the REALITY and FACTS behind these alien unlawful enemy combatants; do you believe there can be any actual “criminal” evidence in the heat of battle and war? Do you think that troops searching houses and fighting these combatants document all the crimes witnessed so that they can be tried at a later date in a criminal court of law? What level of absurdity must one wallow in to think that this makes any credible sense?

  7. #57
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    He knows this, he is just being obtuse for the sake of obtuseness.
    Wow. I'm really going to enjoy rubbing your face in it with my next post.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  8. #58
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,403

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Incorrect.

    The Feds have already defined several circumstances under which even natural-born citizens can be stripped of their citizenship, and there is no Constitutional safeguard to prevent the government from expanding those circumstances (aside from an iffy 8th Amendment argument of course).

    If we allow the Feds to imprison non-citizens indefinitely, with or without charges and with or without a conviction, they can do it to any of us.


    Incorrect.


    Renunciation of U.S. Citizenship
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #59
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Please provide the law where this definition exists.

    Thank you.
    Check it out:

    US CODE: Title 8,1481. Loss of nationality by native-born or naturalized citizen; voluntary action; burden of proof; presumptions

    In other words, you are wrong, natural-born citizens can be stripped of their citizenship.

    Now, on top of the fact that some of the provisions are a little . . . vaguely worded . . . if the government can, with an act of law, define when a natural-born citizen is stripped of their citizenship, then the above-cited law need not be the end of the list of things that one can lose one's citizenship for.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Wow. I'm really going to enjoy rubbing your face in it with my next post.
    Based on your previous posts, the notion that you could rub anyone's face in anything is laughable. But of course, seeing the denial you operate under, I have no doubt that you are under the illusion that your nonsense actually makes sense.

    Carry on.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •