Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 114

Thread: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Bush is still a bastard don't worry.
    He is turning into Bush but to be fair, he can string a sentence together. Bush just looked retarded from beginning to end. At least Obama can lie very well and fool me he'd be different
    Can the rest of the world imprison US citizens as well even if they are acquitted of a crime?
    I hope this is a two way street.
    ...because you say so.....once again thanks for playing the hyperbole game.

    Funny I never saw your outrage at Obama's stupidity when he claimed to have visited 58 states with two more to go.

    Yep, the man is a REAL genius. The notion that Obama could hold a candle to Bush's intelligence while he destroys the future of America and its economy requires a willful ignorance I just cannot comprehend.

    I know, your hate for Bush is all about the war; peaceniks leave their logic and intelligence behind when it comes to protesting anyone who dares fight a war. Funny how they never seem inclined to whine about the despots, dictators and terrorists who cause the wars.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Uh huh, and who decides who retains their US citizenship, hmm?

    If you start denying non-citizens their basic human rights, then all of us are one court proceeding away from being treated the same way.
    What human rights are we denying? I keep hearing this farcical claim but am at a loss of what "human rights" have been denied.

    Perhaps you can shed some light on this?

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    I was addressing the fact that your citizenship can be gone in the blink of an eye with these two acts.

    nice try though.
    But that is an outright lie. Do you have any PROOF that our Government can and will remove your citizenship?

    Of course you do not because it is a farcical argument made in a vacuum of reality and the facts.

    Your efforts aren't even on the same planet as a "nice try."

  4. #44
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What human rights are we denying? I keep hearing this farcical claim but am at a loss of what "human rights" have been denied.

    Perhaps you can shed some light on this?
    You didn't see it, right in the first sentence of the OP?
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  5. #45
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    But that is an outright lie. Do you have any PROOF that our Government can and will remove your citizenship?

    Of course you do not because it is a farcical argument made in a vacuum of reality and the facts.

    Your efforts aren't even on the same planet as a "nice try."
    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    "Any alien unlawful enemy combatant is subject to trial by military commission under chapter 47A – Military Commissions (of the Military Commissions Act of 2006 (10 U.S.C. 948a (Section 1, Subchapter I))). The definition of unlawful and lawful enemy combatant is given in Chapter 47A—Military commission: Subchapter I--General provisions: Sec. 948a. Definitions

    "The term 'unlawful enemy combatant' means —

    (i) a person who has engaged in hostilities or who has purposefully and materially supported hostilities against the United States or its co-belligerents who is not a lawful enemy combatant (including a person who is part of the Taliban, al-Qaida, or associated forces); or
    (ii) a person who, before, on, or after the date of the enactment of the Military Commissions Act of 2006, has been determined to be an unlawful enemy combatant by a Combatant Status Review Tribunal or another competent tribunal established under the authority of the President or the Secretary of Defense."

    ...

    "The term 'lawful enemy combatant' means a person who is —

    (A) a member of the regular forces of a State party engaged in hostilities against the United States;
    (B) a member of a militia, volunteer corps, or organized resistance movement belonging to a State party engaged in such hostilities, which are under responsible command, wear a fixed distinctive sign recognizable at a distance, carry their arms openly, and abide by the law of war; or
    (C) a member of a regular armed force who professes allegiance to a government engaged in such hostilities, but not recognized by the United States."

    The Act also defines an alien as "a person who is not a citizen of the United States", and a co-belligerent to mean "any State or armed force joining and directly engaged with the United States in hostilities or directly supporting hostilities against a common enemy."

    So, when they determine that you are a "enemy combatant" via tribunal... You're rights as an American citizen are gone.

    Don't let your partisan blinders keep you from seeing that this can be abused.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  6. #46
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Uh huh, and who decides who retains their US citizenship, hmm?

    If you start denying non-citizens their basic human rights, then all of us are one court proceeding away from being treated the same way.
    I dont believe it is possible for a court to take away US citizenship.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    You didn't see it, right in the first sentence of the OP?
    I read the OP and didn't see any proof or credible conclusion suggesting that anyone's human rights are being denied. Please highlight where this is occurring and how it is a violation of human rights for my education and edification.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    So, when they determine that you are a "enemy combatant" via tribunal... You're rights as an American citizen are gone.

    Don't let your partisan blinders keep you from seeing that this can be abused.
    The only one with "partisan blinders" on appears to be you.

    Here is the very first sentence; I have highlighted and underlined the pertinent wording and ask what part of ALIEN do you not comprehend?

    "Any alien unlawful enemy combatant is subject to trial by military commission under chapter 47A "

  9. #49
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I dont believe it is possible for a court to take away US citizenship.
    Incorrect.

    The Feds have already defined several circumstances under which even natural-born citizens can be stripped of their citizenship, and there is no Constitutional safeguard to prevent the government from expanding those circumstances (aside from an iffy 8th Amendment argument of course).

    If we allow the Feds to imprison non-citizens indefinitely, with or without charges and with or without a conviction, they can do it to any of us.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I dont believe it is possible for a court to take away US citizenship.
    He knows this, he is just being obtuse for the sake of obtuseness.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •