Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 114

Thread: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    The government is who is defines what an alien enemy combatant is, and what rights they retain.
    Once again you are wrong; the conditions and circumstances are what defines an alien enemy combatant.

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Anything they can do to an alien enemy combatant, they can do to you. Or, to put it less specifically, anything they can do to those deemed the lowest of the low they can do to you.
    This is blatantly false; the Government cannot declare a US citizen as being an alien enemy combatant and strip them of their citizenship and incarcerate them without due process of the law.

    Why do you keep pretending the two are one and the same when the FACTS do not support your absurd assertions?

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    All they have to do, to be able to do it to you, is make you fit the definition of the lowest of the low.

    Or, for that matter, adjust the definition to include you.
    No they cannot; and your attempts to suggest they can are not supported by the FACTS.

    The Government can "declare" you as anything they may want, but they still have to meet the Constitutional requirements to prove their case.


  2. #92
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    If memory serves, by the by, isn't the government you're defending (in a round-about way) the same government which issued the internal memo suggesting (for all intents and purposes) tha politically active right-wingers needed to be watched because they might be terrorists?

    TED,
    Who would appreciate it if people who are suspicious of the government on Mondays could also muster up the energy to continue to be suspicious of the government on Tuesday.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #93
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Once again you are wrong; the conditions and circumstances are what defines an alien enemy combatant.
    Um, no. It is the government which decides what conditions and circumstances constitute the conditions under which someone can be accused of being and treated like an alien enemy combatant.

    After all, the Military Commissions Act of 2006 gave the government the authority to decide who an unlawful enemy combatant was. What makes you think they can't decide what defines an alien enemy combatant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    This is blatantly false; the Government cannot declare a US citizen as being an alien enemy combatant and strip them of their citizenship and incarcerate them without due process of the law.

    Why do you keep pretending the two are one and the same when the FACTS do not support your absurd assertions?
    They can certainly declare you an unlawful enemy combatant, which is the next best thing, and for all intents and purposes lets them lock you up someplace indefinitely, a la GITMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    No they cannot; and your attempts to suggest they can are not supported by the FACTS.

    The Government can "declare" you as anything they may want, but they still have to meet the Constitutional requirements to prove their case.

    Wait. What Constitutional requirements?
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    If memory serves, by the by, isn't the government you're defending (in a round-about way)
    Wrong again; I am hardly defending the Government, I am defending the FACTS from absurd assertions.

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    ....the same government which issued the internal memo suggesting (for all intents and purposes) tha politically active right-wingers needed to be watched because they might be terrorists?
    They can issue all the reports they want to, but none of these reports suggested that the Government would enforce those "reports" by stripping US citizens of their constitutional rights as you are desperately attempting to suggest.

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    If TED,
    Who would appreciate it if people who are suspicious of the government on Mondays could also muster up the energy to continue to be suspicious of the government on Tuesday.
    There is a HUGE distinction between "suspicious" and paranoid.


  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Um, no. It is the government which decides what conditions and circumstances constitute the conditions under which someone can be accused of being and treated like an alien enemy combatant.
    You cannot muster one shred of evidence that the Government can declare a US citizen as being an alien enemy combatant.

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    After all, the Military Commissions Act of 2006 gave the government the authority to decide who an unlawful enemy combatant was. What makes you think they can't decide what defines an alien enemy combatant?
    It did? Please provide the exact language that supports this assertion and how it would apply to a US Citizen.


    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    They can certainly declare you an unlawful enemy combatant, which is the next best thing, and for all intents and purposes lets them lock you up someplace indefinitely, a la GITMO.
    They can "declare" you anything they want, and they still would have to PROVE their case under the Constitution.

    I do not understand how you lack the ability to comprehend the distinction between US citizen and ALIEN enemy combatant.

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Wait. What Constitutional requirements?
    It is called Habeus Corpus and applies to ALL US Citizens.

    Habeas corpus (pronounced /ˌheɪbiːəs ˈkɔrpəs/) (Latin: You (shall) have the body[1]) is a legal action, or writ, through which a person can seek relief from the unlawful detention of him or herself, or of another person. It protects the individual from harming him or herself, or from being harmed by the judicial system. Of English origin, the writ of habeas corpus has historically been an important instrument for the safeguarding of individual freedom against arbitrary state action.
    [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habeas_corpus[/ame]

    Read and become INFORMED.

    Last edited by Truth Detector; 07-09-09 at 05:02 PM.

  6. #96
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You cannot muster one shred of evidence that the Government can declare a US citizen as being an alien enemy combatant.



    It did? Please provide the exact language that supports this assertion and how it would apply to a US Citizen.




    They can "declare" you anything they want, and they still would have to PROVE their case under the Constitution.

    I do not understand how you lack the ability to comprehend the distinction between US citizen and ALIEN enemy combatant.



    It is called Habeus Corpus and applies to ALL US Citizens.

    You obviously have no familiarity with the MCA of 2006 whatsoever.

    If you want the Cliff's Notes version, search for it on Wikipedia.

    I refuse to continue to spoon-feed you the cold hard truth when it's there for the reading.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #97
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Detainees, Even if Acquitted, Might Not Go Free - Political News - FOXNews.com

    So kiddies, was Bush the evil bastard the media portrayed him to be, or has Obama grown up just a bit and is facing the truth of the war on terror?
    I don't think any hyperpartisan has faced the truth on the "war on terror". Obama, however, is just a standard politician and I never expected much out of him. He's maybe...maybe slightly better than Bush; but even if he is, it's not by much.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    You obviously have no familiarity with the MCA of 2006 whatsoever.

    If you want the Cliff's Notes version, search for it on Wikipedia.
    I am very aware of it, and I asked the specific question: Where does it say that the Government can declare a US Citizen an alien enemy combatant and therefore strip them of their Constitutional rights?


    Quote: Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan
    After all, the Military Commissions Act of 2006 gave the government the authority to decide who an unlawful enemy combatant was. What makes you think they can't decide what defines an alien enemy combatant?


    I do understand however why you would wish to run away from the debate as your desperate efforts to defend non-existent arguments with nothing more than; “because you say it is so.”

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I refuse to continue to spoon-feed you the cold hard truth when it's there for the reading.
    The ONLY one being spoon fed FACTS here is ME feeding them to YOU. You have yet to provide one shred of factual evidence that supports your absurd assertions.

    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Commissions_Act_of_2006]Military Commissions Act of 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

  9. #99
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    I'd respond, TD, but you haven't said a single thing in the above post that I can respond to without laughing my own damn off.

    Have fun.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I'd respond, TD, but you haven't said a single thing in the above post that I can respond to without laughing my own damn off.

    Have fun.
    In other wards, you have been beaten with the FACTS and realize that it would be futile to continue your uninformed desperate attempts to fabricate anything that can support your absurd assertions.

    Thanks Dan, carry on, it was a pleasure to help educate you!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •