Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 73

Thread: Rove deposed over eight hour period in US Attorney firings

  1. #61
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,271

    Re: Rove deposed over eight hour period in US Attorney firings

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I honestly don't see it, but I could see how you could make that argument. Your point is about the Congress investigating this issue as opposed to the findings made by Bush's Department of Justice.

    Thanks for getting back to me.
    Oh I've suspected a "get even" mentality in Congress ever since they gained control under Bush.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #62
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Rove deposed over eight hour period in US Attorney firings

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Oh I've suspected a "get even" mentality in Congress ever since they gained control under Bush.
    But I think that's more about taking control with a president whose policies they don't like versus about getting even for the Clinton thing.

    I would guess that the Dems in Congress blamed Clinton for the Republicans taking over the Congress.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Rove deposed over eight hour period in US Attorney firings

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Do you really think FACTS and the TRUTH matter to Libruls?

    The TRUTH, that you and I apparently understand, is that this is not about trying to ensure the integrity of our constitution, but rather to abuse the constitutional authority given to congress for purely political partisan purposes.

    This new LOW in American politics is the standard by which we should all judge Democrats on; after winning an election, they attempt to impugn their opponents with impeachment hearings on Bush and now witch hunts over fabricated claims against the Executive branch.

    We should all be deeply concerned and frightened by this, but instead we see people cheering it. This is the level of ignorance America is gradually sinking to and we can thank our educational institutions and "drive-by" media for this.
    Hey, TRUTH Detector --

    you want to back that up with something. Why are the claims fabricated? Because Sean Hannity told you they were?

    How come my Bull**** alarm goes off every time I read one of your posts? Huh, TRUTH Detector?

    You see a lot, Doctor. But are you strong enough to point that high-powered perception at yourself? What about it? Why don't you - why don't you look at yourself and write down what you see? Or maybe you're afraid to.
    In other words, point the ol' Truth Detector at your own posts BEFORE hitting submit reply.

    Your name 'Truth Detector' is almost as ironic as 'Fair and Balanced.'

  4. #64
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,450

    Re: Rove deposed over eight hour period in US Attorney firings

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is good legal advice, whether she is guilty or innocent. From what I know of the scandal(living here in Michigan, I have heard a fair bit on it), most likely she is guilty..
    I dont see another reason right now why she would not be since she already pled guilty.




    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This must be a left wing liberal media conspiracy to hide the TRUTH about John Conyers.
    Well it was buried pretty far but my mad research skillz uncovered it as an official statement of the house ethics committee

    Like any good politician he took responsibility of his actions...after getting caught of course.

    Fun site. I had no idea five members of the house were arrested protesting the Sudan Embassy. Lots of fun stuff buried in there.


    My original point stands. This guy has no business investigating anyone until he cleans up his own house.

    x3 If wrongdoing can be pinned on Rove then prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law.

    I want all those corrupt yahoos cleaned out.
    Last edited by akyron; 07-09-09 at 05:48 PM.
    Thank you

  5. #65
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:08 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rove deposed over eight hour period in US Attorney firings

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    I dont see another reason right now why she would not be since she already pled guilty.
    See, I was right. And as a law and order democrat, I hope she gets slammed hard over this. I have no patients with corruption in any politician.

    Well it was buried pretty far but my mad research skillz uncovered it as an official statement of the house ethics committee

    Like any good politician he took responsibility of his actions...after getting caught of course.

    Fun site. I had no idea five members of the house were arrested protesting the Sudan Embassy. Lots of fun stuff buried in there.


    My original point stands. This guy has no business investigating anyone until he cleans up his own house.

    x3 If wrongdoing can be pinned on Rove then prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law.

    I want all those corrupt yahoos cleaned out.
    PDF's you cannot cut and paste from suck FYI, but thank you for actually finding the information.

    From reading it, a republican led investigation of him found nothing more serious than a "lack of clarity", which he promptly worked to fix. No one says he has done anything but totally cooperate with the investigation, in fact he is praised for his cooperation. From my reading of this, he is not a criminal, but made some mistakes.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Rove deposed over eight hour period in US Attorney firings

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I would suggest you do some research before spouting off of a bunch of BS. For example, please read this report from the Department of Justice. It recommended that an investigation be done. See page 356 to 358 of the report. http://www.usdoj.gov/oig/special/s0809a/final.pdf
    "While Presidential Appointees can be fired for any reason or for no reason..." thanks for that.

    Provide one single solitary scrap of evidence for even tacit agreements between the White House and the hired AG's replacing the fired AG's, until then you all are just blowing smoke.
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 07-09-09 at 06:33 PM.

  7. #67
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Rove deposed over eight hour period in US Attorney firings

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    "While Presidential Appointees can be fired for any reason or for no reason..." thanks for that.

    Provide one single solitary scrap of evidence for even tacit agreements between the White House and the hired AG's replacing the fired AG's, until then you all are just blowing smoke.
    Okay. If that's what you believe, I really don't care. This is currently being investigated by a special prosecutor after an incredibly thorough investigation by two offices at the Department of Justice. But that seems to mean nothing to you. *yawn*

  8. #68
    Mod Apologist

    missypea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,152

    Re: Rove deposed over eight hour period in US Attorney firings

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Calling me hyperpartisian does not make it so. I feel it is just as hyperpartisian to start a thread about Karl Rove and imply that Obama will be guilty of doing the same thing when there hasn't even been a hint of such a thing. Has the president been trying to hide his activities behind the false claim of executive privilage?
    I don't see that at all GD and quite frankly I'm glad for the message of transparency that this is sending out to Obama and to all future administrations. As Dana said, no president is king.

    This is a good thing.



    I would chat with her when I'm feeling particularly snarky, but I wouldn't ever call her on the phone.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Rove deposed over eight hour period in US Attorney firings

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Hey, TRUTH Detector --

    you want to back that up with something. Why are the claims fabricated? Because Sean Hannity told you they were?

    How come my Bull**** alarm goes off every time I read one of your posts? Huh, TRUTH Detector?



    In other words, point the ol' Truth Detector at your own posts BEFORE hitting submit reply.

    Your name 'Truth Detector' is almost as ironic as 'Fair and Balanced.'
    Your response, while juvenile, is at least irrelevant with undertones of vacuity.
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  10. #70
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:08 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rove deposed over eight hour period in US Attorney firings

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    Your response, while juvenile, is at least irrelevant with undertones of vacuity.
    Irony is a wonderful thing.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •