Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 73

Thread: Rove deposed — over eight hour period — in US Attorney firings

  1. #51
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rove deposed — over eight hour period — in US Attorney firings

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    works just fine.

    John Conyers (D-Mich.) “accepted responsibility” for breaking House Ethics rules (and possibly some laws) for requiring “his official staffers to work on campaigns, babysit his children, and run personal errands.”

    So what does the House Ethics Committee do to punish him? They quietly released a public statement, perfectly timed to minimize coverage in the press, that simply says Conyers ought to refrain from breaking ethics rules and laws in the future.

    That’s not even a slap on the wrist. And this for the man who will soon be Chairman of the House Committee that has jurisdiction over the civil and criminal justice system.

    And how about incoming House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi who promised to drain the swamp of corruption in Congress?
    Not the link you provided, the link within the blog you linked to.

  2. #52
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rove deposed — over eight hour period — in US Attorney firings

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    The wife is a perfectly valid point and I was just being nice.
    He issued legal advice to her as soon as she got caught "SHUT UP"...good advice. More husbands should treat their wives that way....
    That is good legal advice, whether she is guilty or innocent. From what I know of the scandal(living here in Michigan, I have heard a fair bit on it), most likely she is guilty.


    I agree with you it is funny that this guy is investigating anyone.
    Needless to say, that is nothing even remotely close to what I said. Making up stuff now?

    The blogs stories come from the washington times the grand rapids free press and the detroit newspaper if that makes you feel any better. ( I doubt it).
    It was a convenient consolidation for me since I am leaving in 9 mins.

    And once again prosecute Rove as far as you legally can.
    Let's be complete why don't we. The first story comes from a Washington Times editorial. The second does come from the GR Press(which I read daily), but the link to the actual article, surprise, does not work. The third comes from a The Hill article, but once again, surprise, the link does not work. This must be a left wing liberal media conspiracy to hide the TRUTH about John Conyers.

  3. #53
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Rove deposed — over eight hour period — in US Attorney firings

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Well, actually, what's important is whether or not any crime was committed.

    Oh, wait, the President can haul off and dismiss any US attorney at anytime, because they serve at his pleasure.

    No crime committed.

    Rove can't be guilty.

    I would suggest you do some research before spouting off of a bunch of BS. For example, please read this report from the Department of Justice. It recommended that an investigation be done. See page 356 to 358 of the report. http://www.usdoj.gov/oig/special/s0809a/final.pdf
    Can you believe how many pages this report is for a non-crime? Sometimes, Scarecrow, the crime isn't the action that occurred, but the cover-up. Please check out what happened to Nixon with Watergate.

  4. #54
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Rove deposed — over eight hour period — in US Attorney firings

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I would suggest you do some research before spouting off of a bunch of BS. For example, please read this report from the Department of Justice. It recommended that an investigation be done. See page 356 to 358 of the report. http://www.usdoj.gov/oig/special/s0809a/final.pdf
    Can you believe how many pages this report is for a non-crime? Sometimes, Scarecrow, the crime isn't the action that occurred, but the cover-up. Please check out what happened to Nixon with Watergate.
    If Clinton had never been impeached, we wouldn't be discussing this issue. The Democrats will never forgive the Republicans for impeaching the greatest president in history (after Obama of course), and getting away with it.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #55
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: Rove deposed — over eight hour period — in US Attorney firings

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    What criminal case?
    See page 13-16 of the memo I linked:

    http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-s...emo_072407.pdf

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Show me evidence that Iglesias was fired for failing to bring vote fraud cases for Republican benefit.
    Same as above:

    http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-s...emo_072407.pdf

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    These are accusations of obstruction of justice which I have yet to see evidence for, that's a crime but firing more democrats than republicans in and of itself isn't a crime.
    Of course it's not a crime, but it's suspicious when the ratio is as lop-sided as this is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    And I've yet to see evidence for these secret agreements between the AG's who were hired to replace those who were fired.
    I don't think I've heard about this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    "They Identified"?

    A) Who is "they".

    B) What is the actual total of firings?
    If you read the memo you'll see that it is footnoted with sources.

    The Political Profiling of Elected Democratic Officials: When Rhetorical Vision Participation Runs Amok

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    In other words, Democrats are seven times more likely to be corrupt than their counterparts.
    In your world, I'm sure all of that and more is "true" about Democrats.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Another vast pile of nonsensical bile; and here's your first clue as to the lack of credibility of this commentary:

    the so-called "loyal Bushies"
    The memo is quoting the Office of the Attorney General, which was quoting an email by Kyle Sampson (Alberto Gonzoles' Chief of Staff and Counselor). Here's the relevant part of Sampson's email:

    "as an operational matter, we would like to replace 15-20 percent of the current U.S. Attorneys – the underperforming ones. (This is a rough guess; we might want to consider doing performance evaluations after Judge [Gonzales] comes on board.) The vast majority of U.S. Attorneys, 80-85 percent, I would guess, are doing a great job, are loyal Bushies, etc., etc."

    Howz that foot taste TD?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Some key words to notice as well:

    If Mr. Iglesias.....

    ....the firing could.....

    .....could possibly violate.....

    ...may have occurred.....

    Let me interpret the above in simpler terms so that you can not be under any delusions. What the above represents are conjecture, hypothesis and speculation. Nothing contained in the above constitutes anything that could even be illogically construed as evidence.
    No **** Sherlock. This is not a trial, it's an investigation. A trial is the only thing that can determine with any certainty that laws were broken. The investigators would be out of place if they made any absolute claims of illegal activity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    But here is the best part and the most damning of their evidence:

    The study's authors found that of the 375 cases they identified, 10 involved independents, 67 involved Republicans, and 298 involved Democrats, and noted that local Democrats were seven times as likely as Republicans to be subject to criminal charges from the Department of Justice."

    So what we can conclude from this is that the studies authors SECULATE NOT that the Democrats are more prone to corruption; oh no, this speculates that this MUST mean there is a Republican BIAS.
    That's because the notion that Democrats are 7 times more prone to corruption than Republicans is such a ridiculous claim on its face that only a mouth foaming partyist could entertain even the remote possibility with a straight face.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Now I would love to see a similar study done under Democrat Presidents; let’s start with Clintons. I would be willing to bet Democrats still outnumber Republicans in corruption charges.
    So why don't you go and find one then?

  6. #56
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Rove deposed — over eight hour period — in US Attorney firings

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    If Clinton had never been impeached, we wouldn't be discussing this issue. The Democrats will never forgive the Republicans for impeaching the greatest president in history (after Obama of course), and getting away with it.
    This investigation done by the Department of Justice occurred during Bush's presidency. It was conducted by both the Office of the Inspector General and the Office of Professional Responsibiliy. Both of these offices are headed by Bush appointees.

    The Attorney General, Michael Mukasey, then referred this case to a special prosector. Mukasey is a Bush appointee, as you well know.

    So how does this relate to Clinton? Are you saying that the Department of Justice with Mukasey have conspired to get revenge on the Republicans for impeaching Clinton? If so, please elaborate as to how you came up with this conclusion. This would be a fascinating read!

  7. #57
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Rove deposed — over eight hour period — in US Attorney firings

    What baffles me is that even with:
    (1) the number of people who resigned (including Alberto Gonzales);
    (2) the number of people who admitted to unethical behavior;
    (3) the number of people who refused to speak to Congress about totally legal activity;
    (4) the fact that two offices within the Department of Justice found that an investigation was warranted; and
    (5) the fact that Mukasey (a Bush appointee) then ordered a special prosecutor to investigate the issue

    that some (I'm not saying all) on the right swear that nothing was done improperly.

    Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. I am embarrassed for you.

  8. #58
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Rove deposed — over eight hour period — in US Attorney firings

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    This investigation done by the Department of Justice occurred during Bush's presidency. It was conducted by both the Office of the Inspector General and the Office of Professional Responsibiliy. Both of these offices are headed by Bush appointees.

    The Attorney General, Michael Mukasey, then referred this case to a special prosector. Mukasey is a Bush appointee, as you well know.

    So how does this relate to Clinton? Are you saying that the Department of Justice with Mukasey have conspired to get revenge on the Republicans for impeaching Clinton? If so, please elaborate as to how you came up with this conclusion. This would be a fascinating read!
    Bump.

    Hello, American?


  9. #59
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Rove deposed — over eight hour period — in US Attorney firings

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Bump.

    Hello, American?

    Democrats in Congress wouldn't be as rabid today, if the Clinton impeachment hadn't occurred.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #60
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Rove deposed — over eight hour period — in US Attorney firings

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Democrats in Congress wouldn't be as rabid today, if the Clinton impeachment hadn't occurred.
    I honestly don't see it, but I could see how you could make that argument. Your point is about the Congress investigating this issue as opposed to the findings made by Bush's Department of Justice.

    Thanks for getting back to me.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •