Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 128

Thread: Franken sworn in as Minnesota senator

  1. #41
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Franken sworn in as Minnesota senator

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, Ron Paul isn't a treehugger, anyway. Gotta give him that.
    He is borderline hippy. The whole "rEVOLution" thing (with "LOVE" spelled backwards) was a huge turn-off for me.

  2. #42
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Franken sworn in as Minnesota senator

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you are responsible for Bush. At least I know who to blame.
    Yes, I am. Me and millions of other Americans who couldn't bare the thought of John Kerry and Al Gore in the White House. I think it's pretty much a concensus that the last few elections have been a choice of the lesser of two evils. I was highly disappointed in Bush's out of control spending, however. I could have gotten that with Kerry and Gore. Although I know they would have never had the fortitude to stick it out in Iraq and achieve one of the greatest military comebacks in history. Bush did have a few bright spots.

    BTW, are you going to make any kind of argument, or are you just going to continue to come up with different ways of saying "Bush sucks"?
    Last edited by G.I. Joe; 07-07-09 at 08:29 PM.

  3. #43
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,474

    Re: Franken sworn in as Minnesota senator

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    You are calling Bush a liberal president?


    "Unbeknownst to most Conservatives, they’ve been supporting the policies of a president, George W. Bush, which has been debatably one of the most Liberal figures in our history."
    "Its policy of nation-building and the Democratization process in Afghanistan and Iraq prove that the Bush administration is Liberal. No other figure in history has attempted such an international Democratization task which is the root principle of Liberal Theory. Institutionalists will argue that the Bush administration goes against Liberal Theory because of its use of unilateral military force, and its lack of respect for international institutions. Pacifists will argue that the Bush administration goes against Liberal Theory because of its lack of emphasis on human rights, and its attempt to spread Democracy and capitalism in parts of the world vital for geo-political reasons to U.S. interests. These arguments have substance and may properly describe the administration’s lack of candor to the true elements of Liberal Theory, but the goal of spreading Liberal Democracy is the same. The methodology of why and how to achieve the ultimate goal is another debate all together. Any true scholar of political science would agree with this assertion. So why do Conservatives use the term Liberal to defame the political opposition? Conservatives tie the term Liberal with issues such as abortion, gay-rights, taking prayer out of school and other divisive subjects; they can’t comprehend or grasp the true meaning of the term. If one was to make an observational comment of this misinterpretation of the term, there are only two words that come to mind that were mentioned earlier; hypocritical and ignorant. So the next time one chastises another for being a Liberal, ask that individual if they supported the Bush administration and its policies. If they answer yes, then they are supporting one of the biggest Liberals around. So with that same rational; that means they’re a Liberal too. "


    If Bush could speak better and lie better he would almost be dear leader.
    Thank you

  4. #44
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Franken sworn in as Minnesota senator

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    BTW, are you going to make any kind of argument, or are you just going to continue to come up with different ways of saying "Bush sucks"?
    That's a good one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #45
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Franken sworn in as Minnesota senator

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrobmjca View Post
    And yet another complete JACKASS up in Congress! GREAT!
    Might as well keep them all in one place, I guess.

  6. #46
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Franken sworn in as Minnesota senator

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    A lot of people voted GOP to prevent Al Gore and John Kerry from reaching the presidency.
    Shame on me for making that mistake in 2004. Mea culpa.

  7. #47
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,343
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Franken sworn in as Minnesota senator

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    Yes, I am. Me and millions of other Americans who couldn't bare the thought of John Kerry and Al Gore in the White House. I think it's pretty much a concensus that the last few elections have been a choice of the lesser of two evils. I was highly disappointed in Bush's out of control spending, however. I could have gotten that with Kerry and Gore. Although I know they would have never had the fortitude to stick it out in Iraq and achieve one of the greatest military comebacks in history. Bush did have a few bright spots.

    BTW, are you going to make any kind of argument, or are you just going to continue to come up with different ways of saying "Bush sucks"?
    I did make my point. You talk about how Bush was a liberal, and yet you voted to put him in office. You backed him when it was convenient, and then dismiss him as "not one of us". That was my point, and I still find it amusing.

  8. #48
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Franken sworn in as Minnesota senator

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I did make my point. You talk about how Bush was a liberal, and yet you voted to put him in office. You backed him when it was convenient, and then dismiss him as "not one of us". That was my point, and I still find it amusing.
    Ummm, no, not at all. You seem to have decided all by yourself that I voted for Bush because he is conservative, even though I explained in detail that I voted for the lesser of the two evils in both elections. Your argument is supported only by your own flawed assumption, which is not a solid foundation for logic.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Franken sworn in as Minnesota senator

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    Someone who endorses an isolationist foreign policy shouldn't be considered for the presidency. Ron Paul has a lot of great ideas, but this stance of his is not only unfeasible but dangerous.
    Ron Paul is not an isolationist, he is a non-interventionist, as in Jeffersonian non-interventionism.

  10. #50
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Franken sworn in as Minnesota senator

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    He is borderline hippy. The whole "rEVOLution" thing (with "LOVE" spelled backwards) was a huge turn-off for me.
    So much for not placing style above substance ...

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •