Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 169

Thread: Robert McNamara, ex-defense secretary, dies

  1. #81
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Former Defense Secretary Robert McNamara Dies

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    So in essence, the enemy we lost to did more to stop down communism than we did by hitting Cambodia.

    Also, did Laos not become a communist country after we lost Vietnam?

    Seems to me the expansion, or stopping of the expansion, was not affected by our involvement.
    Incorrect. The Communist enemy didn't halt Communist expansion in Southeast Asia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #82
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Former Defense Secretary Robert McNamara Dies

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Incorrect. The Communist enemy didn't halt Communist expansion in Southeast Asia.
    True. Nobody did.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #83
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Former Defense Secretary Robert McNamara Dies

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    And I won't spell it out for you. Communist expansion continued AFTER the US lost the war. The goal of the war was to STOP communist expansion, not slow it down.

    When we entered the war, the goal was to prevent North Vietnam form defeating South Vietnam. Since that goal was never attained, we can't change the goal posts and cal lit a victory because something we didn't know would happen, but feared might happen, didn't actually happen.
    Nazism didn't end with WW2. By your logic we lost WW2 as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #84
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: McNamara dies

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Is Vietnam a communist regime?
    Is the Nazi party re-gaining power in Germany? Did we lose WW2? Did we end Nazism, or just slow it down?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #85
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Former Defense Secretary Robert McNamara Dies

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Nazism didn't end with WW2. By your logic we lost WW2 as well.
    Clearly you missed my actual logic and have replaced it with this beautiful strawman.


    Hmmm. Let me see... did Germany take over any countries or fight any other countries immediately after we finished fighting that war? No. No, they didn't. After we won that war we dictated the rules to them and they obeyed.

    Did Japan? No. No, they didn't. After we won that war we dictated the rules to them and they obeyed.

    Did Vietnam? Yes. Yes they did. And they didn't give a rats ass what we thought.

    Do you see the difference yet?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #86
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: McNamara dies

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Is the Nazi party re-gaining power in Germany? Did we lose WW2? Did we end Nazism, or just slow it down?

    Hmmm... Let's play compare:

    German Nazis after WWII = not in power anymore, tired for war crime

    Vietcong after Vietnam = never lost power, never tried for war crimes

    Do you see yet why your strawman fails?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #87
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Former Defense Secretary Robert McNamara Dies

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Did Vietnam? Yes. Yes they did. And they didn't give a rats ass what we thought.

    Um, no, Vietnam didn't takeover any other countries. And, yes, I still see your logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #88
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: Former Defense Secretary Robert McNamara Dies

    Vietnam was already lost in 1954, long before the war went hot. Vietnam had fought off the Japanese in 1945 and were ready to become independent, and then the French decided they wanted to recolonize the area. America sold out is values and backed French imperialism over its own democratic ideals. Then in 1954 after the French got stomped, we then decided to back a horrible dictator like Diem.

    Ho Chi Mihn was a nationalist, and had no idealist embracing of communism. He even came to the U.S. in 1919 and asked Wilson to push for the freedom of his country. We made him an enemy by constantly supporting colonialism. He went to the communists because they would support him when we would not.

    By 63, the odds were horribly stacked against the U.S. The government in Saigon was utterly unable to stand on its own. Even if we had won a military victory, it would not have been enough. Even a defeated NVA army would have been enough to smash the ARVN forces if we left. Unless we wanted to stay forever, south Vietnam was going to fall.

  9. #89
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: McNamara dies

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Hmmm... Let's play compare:

    German Nazis after WWII = not in power anymore, tired for war crime

    Vietcong after Vietnam = never lost power, never tried for war crimes

    Do you see yet why your strawman fails?
    Japan to date have never admitted to committing war crimes during WW2. Japanese vets say that American POW's got what they deserved.

    Who is it that posting the strawman?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #90
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: McNamara dies

    WW2 enabled the Communist takeover of Southeast Asia. Does that mean we lost WW2 based on that logic? If not for WW2, the colonial powers that were in SE Asia would have remained in power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •