Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 321

Thread: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Again all this is irrelevant, Saddam was sponsoring terrorism against the United States (including AQ affiliates) right up to the fall of Baghdad.

  2. #82
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Again all this is irrelevant, Saddam was sponsoring terrorism against the United States (including AQ affiliates) right up to the fall of Baghdad.
    The 9/11 Commission Report found no link between Saadam and Al Qaeda.

  3. #83
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    I agree with you that invading Iraq was a complete farce, as to the reasons presented. Yet, I cannot help but hope that it does become the beacon of democracy and hope in the Middle East.
    I guess anything is possible. But democracy goes against the grain in the Middle East, because they favor religious government.

    My friend, who moved here from Egypt in 1980, says democracy will never work over there.

  4. #84
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by tryreading View Post
    I guess anything is possible. But democracy goes against the grain in the Middle East, because they favor religious government.

    My friend, who moved here from Egypt in 1980, says democracy will never work over there.
    Democracy can work there, just not the liberal democracy we have in the West. Indonesia is Muslim and a democracy and it works well.

  5. #85
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Again all this is irrelevant, Saddam was sponsoring terrorism against the United States (including AQ affiliates) right up to the fall of Baghdad.
    In a related (and equally accurate) news story, Obama is an Arab.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    The 9/11 Commission Report found no link between Saadam and Al Qaeda.
    A) No the 9-11 Commission Report found numerous links between AQ and Saddam just no collaborative relationship.

    B) I didn't say AQ proper I said AQ affiliates.

    C) The Pentagon Review of the DOCEX release entitled the "Iraqi Perspectives Project, Saddam and Terrorism: Emerging Insights from Captured Iraqi Documents (Redacted)," proves conclusively that Saddam was sponsoring terrorist activities against the U.S. right up to the fall of Baghdad.
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 07-04-09 at 01:19 AM.

  7. #87
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Democracy can work there, just not the liberal democracy we have in the West. Indonesia is Muslim and a democracy and it works well.
    We will see.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by tryreading View Post
    In a related (and equally accurate) news story, Obama is an Arab.
    Go read DOCEX and get yourself educated because right now you're just making yourself look stupid.

  9. #89
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    A) No the 9-11 Commission Report found numerous links between AQ and Saddam just no collaborative relationship.

    B) I didn't say AQ proper I said AQ affiliates.

    C) The Pentagon Review of the DOCEX release entitled the "Iraqi Perspectives Project, Saddam and Terrorism: Emerging Insights from Captured Iraqi Documents (Redacted)," proves conclusively that Saddam was sponsoring terrorist activities against the U.S. right up to the fall of Baghdad.
    All of those you cite are a stretch, at best, but hey, I think Iraq will turn out to be a good thing in the end. I do not criticize Bush for the action, just the means to the action.

  10. #90
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by tryreading View Post
    We will see.
    You are right, time will be the ultimate judge.

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •