Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 321

Thread: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

  1. #61
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    You said wars and it would set off a regional war.

    No they wouldn't!
    Arabs or Muslims protecting their own LOL

    If we did have a ummah, Israel would have been attacked 100 times over the last 60 years by every Muslim country in the world but they haven't and do you know why? Because we do not protect our own anymore.

    The only thing that would set off a regional war against Israel is if Israel is suicidal enough to destroy Mecca or Medina .... or maybe Al Asqa but to a lesser extent.

    We also had the option of not attacking and invading without a actual strategy.
    As much as the nations of the M.E. follow your agenda, there are too many unknown variable that could have caused chaos had Israel attacked Iraq without apparent cause.

    The strategy was regime change.

    OBL 11/24/02

  2. #62
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    The strategy was regime change.
    Not helping Iraqis save itself from death.
    Not to remove a evil dictator from power.
    Not for justice for the thousands that died in the genocide
    Not to stabilize the regime or deal with terrorism.
    Not to bring Democracy and let the Iraqis choose for themselves what they want.

    Nope, it was for UK and US to get our own back and shove our way of life down their throats. Nice to know you acknowledge it.
    Last edited by Laila; 07-03-09 at 04:56 PM.


  3. #63
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Not helping Iraqis save itself from death.
    Not to remove a evil dictator from power.
    Not for justice for the thousands that died in the genocide
    Not to stabilize the regime or deal with terrorism.
    Not to bring Democracy and let the Iraqis choose for themselves what they want.

    Nope, it was for UK and US to get our own back and shove our way of life down their throats. Nice to know you acknowledge it.
    There were many reasons for the invasion but the bottom line was regime change based on a desire to achieve many of these goals.

    OBL 11/24/02

  4. #64
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by GarzaUK View Post
    Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran' - Yahoo! News UK

    Just shows that this war could have been avoided, if only the UN was given a few more months by the US, Saddam would have been found weak and we could have used his fear of the Iranians to press him into more democratic policies in exchange for "a security agreement", meanwhile focusing on the real problem - Iran.
    Why don't you shutup about that? You know damn well he wasn't cooperating and was calling ahead to all the inspection location to hide whatever they had. He was undermining the inspection all the way. If only, if only, if only....blah blah. It couldn't be avoided because Hussein lied his ass off.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #65
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Nonsense. Bush did not want to be a "War president" please, this is foolish.


    Furthermore, there was mountains of evidence and as I called it way back when, a bluff. Hussein bluffed and it cost him. Stop defending him.
    He wasn't defending Hussein, obviously. But he brought up a good point. It is not good enough to use the excuse of having received bad intelligence. That has been tried, and does actually fool some people, but it is pathetic. Don't fall for it.

    It's also not good enough to claim we believed the lies of a known liar.

  6. #66
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by tryreading View Post
    He wasn't defending Hussein, obviously. But he brought up a good point. It is not good enough to use the excuse of having received bad intelligence. That has been tried, and does actually fool some people, but it is pathetic. Don't fall for it.

    It's also not good enough to claim we believed the lies of a known liar.


    What if he wasn't lying?

    What do we do when a bomb threat is called into a school?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #67
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    What if he wasn't lying?

    What do we do when a bomb threat is called into a school?
    Yeah...

    Only one logical answer to that question:

    If he wasn't lying, then we bomb the shit out of his country and obligate ourselves to rebuilding his nation and making it a democracy and lose thousands of American lives and spend over a trillion dollars in the process...


    Real good, man. Let's base major war decisions based on 'what if.'


    I don't care if he was lying or not - don't send my military in to enforce U.N. sanctions.



    ***By the way, your 'bomb threat' scenario doesn't apply. See, we had control over Saddam Hussein's military since 1991, the first gulf war. He couldn't threaten us with anything. Unless you're afraid of blustering pissants.

  8. #68
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by tryreading View Post
    Yeah...

    Only one logical answer to that question:

    If he wasn't lying, then we bomb the shit out of his country and obligate ourselves to rebuilding his nation and making it a democracy and lose thousands of American lives and spend over a trillion dollars in the process...


    Real good, man. Let's base major war decisions based on 'what if.'


    I don't care if he was lying or not - don't send my military in to enforce U.N. sanctions.



    ***By the way, your 'bomb threat' scenario doesn't apply. See, we had control over Saddam Hussein's military since 1991, the first gulf war. He couldn't threaten us with anything. Unless you're afraid of blustering pissants.
    What about Israel? You mention nothing of Israel.

    OBL 11/24/02

  9. #69
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    What about Israel? You mention nothing of Israel.
    Hell are you talking about?

  10. #70
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by tryreading View Post
    Hell are you talking about?
    If you can't figure it out you shouldn't be in this thread.

    The WMD threat was to our ally Israel.

    There's a clue.

    Can you figure it out on your own now?

    OBL 11/24/02

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •