Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 321

Thread: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

  1. #21
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Amazing how liberal conspiracy nuts will sit there and claim Bush Lied when Saddam has a history of having and using WMDs, lead everyone to believe he had WMDs, refused to allow inspectors inspect the areas they wanted to inspect and everyone regardless if they were a democrat or republican claimed Saddam had WMDs. Seems to me that any reasonable person would agree Saddam had WMDs,after all if looks like a duck,quacks like a duck and behaves like a duck then it might be a duck.
    The decision to mobilize the US military was not made based on rumor, exaggeration, or something Saddam said. Supposedly the CIA had "hard evidence" that Saddam had WMD. The case for war was a "slam dunk". And yet, any "evidence" supposedly found by the CIA does not hold up to the most amateur inspection. Still, that flimsy evidence was massaged by the White House until it seemed unassailable, and evidence to the contrary was thrown out. Colin Powell was practically brainwashed with false information so he would stand up at the UN and put the stamp of credibility on a case for war which was fabricated.

    Saddam was clever in holding off the Iranians using nothing but fantasy. George Bush instructed the CIA to craft that fantasy into an airtight excuse for war. The White House cannot be excused for being "misled" by false information.

    It takes a lot of information to go to war, redundant, confirmatory, hard evidence. War is the final and most serious diplomatic option for a nation, to be undertaken only in the most extreme circumstances. This war was begun simply because Bush had the authority to start it, not because it was necessary. Thousands of young Americans died because Bush wanted to exercise power, wanted to be a "war president". That is inexcusable.

  2. #22
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,717

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    The decision to mobilize the US military was not made based on rumor, exaggeration, or something Saddam said. Supposedly the CIA had "hard evidence" that Saddam had WMD. The case for war was a "slam dunk". And yet, any "evidence" supposedly found by the CIA does not hold up to the most amateur inspection. Still, that flimsy evidence was massaged by the White House until it seemed unassailable, and evidence to the contrary was thrown out. Colin Powell was practically brainwashed with false information so he would stand up at the UN and put the stamp of credibility on a case for war which was fabricated.

    Saddam was clever in holding off the Iranians using nothing but fantasy. George Bush instructed the CIA to craft that fantasy into an airtight excuse for war. The White House cannot be excused for being "misled" by false information.

    It takes a lot of information to go to war, redundant, confirmatory, hard evidence. War is the final and most serious diplomatic option for a nation, to be undertaken only in the most extreme circumstances. This war was begun simply because Bush had the authority to start it, not because it was necessary. Thousands of young Americans died because Bush wanted to exercise power, wanted to be a "war president". That is inexcusable.



    Nonsense. Bush did not want to be a "War president" please, this is foolish.


    Furthermore, there was mountains of evidence and as I called it way back when, a bluff. Hussein bluffed and it cost him. Stop defending him.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by GarzaUK View Post
    Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran' - Yahoo! News UK

    Just shows that this war could have been avoided, if only the UN was given a few more months by the US, Saddam would have been found weak and we could have used his fear of the Iranians to press him into more democratic policies in exchange for "a security agreement", meanwhile focusing on the real problem - Iran.
    Also taken from the story:

    Saddam denied having unconventional weapons before the US invasion but refused to allow UN inspectors to search his country from 1998 until 2002.

    The inspectors returned to the weapons hunt in November 2002 but still complained that Iraq was not cooperating.
    "The threat from Iran was the major factor as to why he did not allow the return of UN inspectors," the FBI agent wrote.

    "Hussein stated he was more concerned about Iran discovering Iraq's weaknesses and vulnerabilities than the repercussions of the United States for his refusal to allow UN inspectors back into Iraq."
    But of course, just a few more months and he would have finally cooperated...

    And, my husband really loves me, and promises he wont' ever do that again.
    Last edited by buck; 07-03-09 at 10:12 AM.

  4. #24
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Also taken from the story:





    But of course, just a few more months and...

    And, my husband really loves me, and promises he wont' ever do that again.

    This "if only we would have waited a few months to talk things out peacefully" would have never happened. Did talking things out peacefully before we invaded Iraq get us anywhere? No it didn't work because Saddam thought we were not going to do anything and the longer we didn't do anything the more his belief we were bluffing was proved right.

    If we never invaded Iraq the democrats and everyone else would still be claiming Saddam has WMDs.The democrats would have bashed Bush his entire presidency for not doing something about it while some of the republicans would have gave it a token mention. Then when Obama won the presidency only the republicans would be claiming Saddam has WMDs and we got to do something about it while the democrats claim it is not a big deal or start to act like they never believed Saddam had WMDs in the first place.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 07-03-09 at 10:32 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #25
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    joke Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Nonsense. Bush did not want to be a "War president" please, this is foolish.


    Furthermore, there was mountains of evidence and as I called it way back when, a bluff. Hussein bluffed and it cost him. Stop defending him.
    I don't recall "defending" Saddam Hussein, and you are lying when you say "Bush did not want to be a "War president". You are also lying when you say there was "mountains of evidence". Even the UN inspectors suspected there were no WMD, and they had no vast intelligence service to provide information, only on-site inspection. Bush may have been fooled by Cheney, and you may have been fooled but hey, that's a slam dunk.

  6. #26
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,717

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I don't recall "defending" Saddam Hussein, and you are lying when you say "Bush did not want to be a "War president". You are also lying when you say there was "mountains of evidence". Even the UN inspectors suspected there were no WMD, and they had no vast intelligence service to provide information, only on-site inspection. Bush may have been fooled by Cheney, and you may have been fooled but hey, that's a slam dunk.


    You sir, are lying.

    Prove he wanted to be a war president or apologize for your slander.



    If there was no evidence, then why did all these lefties think there were?

    If The Bush Administration Lied About WMD, So Did These People -- Version 3.0 - Right Wing News (Conservative News and Views)
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #27
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    You sir, are lying.

    Prove he wanted to be a war president or apologize for your slander.



    If there was no evidence, then why did all these lefties think there were?

    If The Bush Administration Lied About WMD, So Did These People -- Version 3.0 - Right Wing News (Conservative News and Views)
    Amazing what the Bush basher conspiracy theorist will claim. They have no room to bash the Obama is not a natural born citizen or Obama is a Kenyan conspiracy theorist
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  8. #28
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    You sir, are lying.

    Prove he wanted to be a war president or apologize for your slander.



    If there was no evidence, then why did all these lefties think there were?

    If The Bush Administration Lied About WMD, So Did These People -- Version 3.0 - Right Wing News (Conservative News and Views)

    "I'm a war president. I make decisions here in the Oval Office in foreign policy matters with war on my mind," he said.

    "I see dangers that exist and it's important for us to deal with them."
    BBC NEWS | Americas | Bush sets case as 'war president'

    Proving your lies is like playing against Easy AI. Come on, is that all you got?

  9. #29
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Oxy and Garza,

    Yes, it could be settled in another way.
    Yes, the operation itself could go smoother.
    But that's all in the past now, let the results speak for themselves.
    The dictator was brought into justice for his deeds, and now Iraq is becoming more and more of a democracy, a good thing, yes?
    Let's look at some other results, ones that are much more rock solid: The US is an almost bankrupt empire that can't afford sound economic policy all because we are constrained by the unnecessary spending on the Iraq war.

    Both China and the US are now profoundly economically vulnerable due to the fact of China's overinvestment in US treasuries, and the US over-dependence on China's continued interest in them. A hiccup in the treasuries market will make this latest financial sector meltdown look like a walk in the park.

    Results indeed.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by GarzaUK View Post
    Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran' - Yahoo! News UK

    Just shows that this war could have been avoided, if only the UN was given a few more months by the US, Saddam would have been found weak and we could have used his fear of the Iranians to press him into more democratic policies in exchange for "a security agreement", meanwhile focusing on the real problem - Iran.

    Yay and then Saddam could still be in power and still sponsoring terrorism against U.S. interests.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •