Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 321

Thread: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

  1. #261
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Oh, and here you go on Powell's comments:

    A Failure of Skepticism in Powell Coverage

    And from this link, here is just a taste of the tidbits, I can quote them all if need be.

    * In September and October U.S. officials charged that conclusive evidence existed that Iraq was preparing to resume manufacturing banned ballistic missiles at several sites. In one such report the CIA said "the only plausible explanation" for a new structure at the Al Rafah missile test site was that Iraqis were developing banned long-range missiles (Associated Press, 1/18/03). But CIA suggestions that facilities at Al Rafah, in addition to sites at Al Mutasim and Al Mamoun, were being used to build prohibited missile systems were found to be baseless when U.N. inspectors repeatedly visited each site (Los Angeles Times, 1/26/03).
    Are these the facts you keep referring to? If so, then check-mate my friend.

  2. #262
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Sure it isn't.
    I'd REALLY like you to show how a conversation regarding the Saudis and 9/11 has relevance in a conversation regarding how to determine what to do when you do not have all the facts.

    Oh, and it is relevant, here is comments on troop levels, which were part of making decisions with little, as you say:

    My point being, if the U.S. acts as you say it should, and attack preemptively with little to go on, then should you not ACTUALLY be prepared?
    How do you know that you are "actually" prepared if you don't have all the facts?

  3. #263
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Oh, and here you go on Powell's comments:

    A Failure of Skepticism in Powell Coverage

    And from this link, here is just a taste of the tidbits, I can quote them all if need be.

    Are these the facts you keep referring to? If so, then check-mate my friend.
    So... The CIA said x, and a post-invasion assessment of x shows that the CIA was wrong. Not sure how that means anything.
    What pre-invasion evidence was there that the CIA was wrong?

  4. #264
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So... The CIA said x, and a post-invasion assessment of x shows that the CIA was wrong. Not sure how that means anything.
    What pre-invasion evidence was there that the CIA was wrong?
    I recall the CIA Director saying that he got information from Iraqi exiles......don't you think that's bad? Asking people who hate the country if we should invade?
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  5. #265
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    How do you know that you are "actually" prepared if you don't have all the facts?
    Now you got it!

  6. #266
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    I recall the CIA Director saying that he got information from Iraqi exiles......don't you think that's bad? Asking people who hate the country if we should invade?
    How dishonest of you.
    We got information from them; we didnt ask them if we should invade.

    Still waiting for those quotes.
    Also stiill waiting for the proof thatGWB didnot graduate Harvard and Yale.
    If you cannot produce these things, I'll then accept your admission of being a partisan bigot.

  7. #267
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Now you got it!
    No. I don't.
    You act based on the perponderance of evidence.
    This necessarily means that things will occour that you did not plan for.

    The only way to be prepared for 'everything' is to have all the facts; to argue that you should wait to act until you have prepared to 'everything' is to argue that you should never act.


    Still waiting for you to show how a conversation regarding the Saudis and 9/11 has relevance in a conversation regarding how to determine what to do when you do not have all the facts.

  8. #268
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    How dishonest of you.
    We got information from them; we didnt ask them if we should invade.

    Still waiting for those quotes.
    Also stiill waiting for the proof thatGWB didnot graduate Harvard and Yale.
    If you cannot produce these things, I'll then accept your admission of being a partisan bigot.
    1. We asked them if the Iraqi's had WMD's and such right? They know we would invade if they said yes. They say "yes." We invade, ergo we invaded ebcause they said yes. If they were exlied from Iraq, it was probably because they were smart dude.

    As I have said countless times, "he failed his way through yale and Harvard." What about that do you not understand? Read it carefully.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  9. #269
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So... The CIA said x, and a post-invasion assessment of x shows that the CIA was wrong. Not sure how that means anything.
    What pre-invasion evidence was there that the CIA was wrong?
    They never said x as FACT. They said it was PLAUSIBLE. The administration played maybe's as yes, just as the media did in every piece of evidence presented, as the link show. So now there are not 19, there are 19 maybes and 1 no for sho!!

  10. #270
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    No. I don't.
    You act based on the perponderance of evidence.
    This necessarily means that things will occour that you did not plan for.

    The only way to be prepared for 'everything' is to have all the facts; to argue that you should wait to act until you have prepared to 'everything' is to argue that you should never act.
    Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. We could have invaded Iraq, but we shouldn't have. We went there based on the word of people who hate Iraq, and want it's leader dead. We played right into their hands, as well as the terrorists hands. They would love to fight us on their home turf, which they've been getting prepared for several decades.....
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •