Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 321

Thread: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

  1. #231
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    True -- Bush did beat Kerry fairly convincingly.
    Here watch this video clip of both Powell and Rice stating that Iraq was not a threat.

    The Memory Hole > 2001: Powell & Rice Declare Iraq Has No WMD and Is Not a Threat

    Maybe this will help you with your delusional thinking.

  2. #232
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Here watch this video clip of both Powell and Rice stating that Iraq was not a threat.
    Sorry -- I thought the conversation was over, as the voters decided who they trusted. I guess you didnt want to leave it at that?

    How do you know that what Powell/Rice said in 2001 was correct?

  3. #233
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Sorry -- I thought the conversation was over, as the voters decided who they trusted. I guess you didnt want to leave it at that?

    How do you know that what Powell/Rice said in 2001 was correct?
    ......are you serious? Where are the nukes they said weren't there? Oh yeah, they weren't there.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  4. #234
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Sorry -- I thought the conversation was over, as the voters decided who they trusted. I guess you didnt want to leave it at that?

    How do you know that what Powell/Rice said in 2001 was correct?
    On that, you know I was talking about this past election. Presidents never change in the middle of war, I should hope that you know that and do not proof.

    Anyway, if I cannot trust them then, why should I have trusted them when they contradicted themselves and were arguing for war. You are cherry picking. Regardless, I tire of this conversation, you nor I will be convinced.

  5. #235
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    ......are you serious? Where are the nukes they said weren't there? Oh yeah, they weren't there.
    Please, follow along.
    We're diuscussing information availabel before the invasion.

  6. #236
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Please, follow along.
    We're diuscussing information availabel before the invasion.
    Which, by the way matched after the invasion. It's the middle info that is fuzzy, huh.

  7. #237
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Please, follow along.
    We're diuscussing information availabel before the invasion.
    You said how do we know they were either correct/incorrect. I answered. If you want to cherry pick as tlmorg said, go on ahead, and waste everyone's time. The fact remains, the war in Iraq was perpetuated because of a lack of intelligence/competence in the Oval Office.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  8. #238
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    On that, you know I was talking about this past election.
    The last election didnt involve Bush or Cheney, and so does nothing to prove your point.

    The 2004 election, however, which took place after all the information we're discussing here was made public, DID involve Bush and Cheney and their method for deciding how to act.

    Thus, Americans decided that they trusted them and their method.
    Not sure how you can argue otherwise.

    Anyway, if I cannot trust them then...
    America trusted them in 2004... why didn't you?

    And tell me -- did you trust Clinton/Clinton/Gore/Kerry/et al?
    After all, they said the same thing that Bush/Cheney did.

  9. #239
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    You said how do we know they were either correct/incorrect. I answered.
    An out-of-context asnwer is meaningless.

    The fact remains, the war in Iraq was perpetuated because of a lack of intelligence/competence in the Oval Office.
    This isnt a fact, this is partisan bigotry.

  10. #240
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    The last election didnt involve Bush or Cheney, and so does nothing to prove your point.

    The 2004 election, however, which took place after all the information we're discussing here was made public, DID involve Bush and Cheney and their method for deciding how to act.

    Thus, Americans decided that they trusted them and their method.
    Not sure how you can argue otherwise.


    America trusted them in 2004... why didn't you?

    And tell me -- did you trust Clinton/Clinton/Gore/Kerry/et al?
    After all, they said the same thing that Bush/Cheney did.
    Look at what tlmorg said goob.

    And Clinton, Gore and Kerry led us into a war that has resulted in thousands of Americans killed, and hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's killed? And they led us into that same war based on the falsely held belief that there were WMD's in Iraq? And they had a reasonable amount of intelligence that contradicted said WMD accusation? Hmmm......
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •