Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 321

Thread: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

  1. #221
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Others, like the UN security council and the governments of several countries, disagreed with you.


    That's not what WJBC said. Did he lie?
    Again - no one questioned their existence until it was obvious GWB was willing to do something about it.


    Perponderance of evidence.


    Prove this to be true.


    Because the discussion here revolves around the idea that you often have to act on incomplete information. Your interjection of 'why havent we invaded Iran' into the discussion is irrelevant.
    To answer all of your questions to the sources of my information, read Bob Woodwards works on the administration, in which he directly interviews all involved. Read Collin Powells book, Scott McClellan's memoir, and a host of other books on the subject written by those within the administration.

    As to the want of Rumsfield and Cheney, read any of their statements prior to George W. Bush taking office. Watch Frontlines documentary on Cheney, it was widely known he felt that George H. Bush dropped the ball by not taking Baghdad in the first Gulf War.

  2. #222
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Given the damage potential of modern WMDs, there's no rational reason to write off the idea of pre-emptive war. Waiting to be attacked before acting does nothing but needlessly cost lives.
    Perhaps you misunderstand me. If we were talking about a scenario, like that of North Korea, then fine. They are openly building-up weapons and are flagrant in their actions to provoke the U.S. as well as threaten the saftey of the U.S. and it's allies. I am all for invasion.

    Yet, in Iraq, there were no real signs. There were weak testimonies from expatriots, old intel that could not really be verified, and speculation. There, we could have waited, as there was no real chance of we or our allies being attacked. There was not even a build-up of troops or equipment, both of which we could have seen with satalite surveilance. Iran is another preemptive war that may be justifiable, at least ten times more so than Iraq.

    Regardless, the deal has been done, and I hope desparately, that Iraq lasts as a democracy in the Middle East.

  3. #223
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    To answer all of your questions to the sources of my information, read Bob Woodwards works on the administration, in which he directly interviews all involved. Read Collin Powells book, Scott McClellan's memoir, and a host of other books on the subject written by those within the administration.

    As to the want of Rumsfield and Cheney, read any of their statements prior to George W. Bush taking office. Watch Frontlines documentary on Cheney, it was widely known he felt that George H. Bush dropped the ball by not taking Baghdad in the first Gulf War.
    I'll take these as concessions of the points, in that you cannot support your positions any further -- its YOUR job to "look it up", not mine.

  4. #224
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Perhaps you misunderstand me. If we were talking about a scenario, like that of North Korea, then fine. They are openly building-up weapons and are flagrant in their actions to provoke the U.S. as well as threaten the saftey of the U.S. and it's allies. I am all for invasion.

    Yet, in Iraq, there were no real signs.
    Three words:
    Perponderance
    Of
    Evidence

  5. #225
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Three words:
    Perponderance
    Of
    Evidence
    2 words: Common Sense
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  6. #226
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    2 words: Common Sense
    Yes.. in a situation where you cannot possibly have 100% of the facts, it is common sense to act based on the perponderance of evidence.
    Thanks for agreeing with me.

  7. #227
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Yes.. in a situation where you cannot possibly have 100% of the facts, it is common sense to act based on the perponderance of evidence.
    Thanks for agreeing with me.
    Once again, 2 words: Common Sense
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  8. #228
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Once again, 2 words: Common Sense
    Once again:
    Thanks for agreeing with me.

  9. #229
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I'll take these as concessions of the points, in that you cannot support your positions any further -- its YOUR job to "look it up", not mine.
    Take it as you will. I have not the time today to rummage through my library to give you quotes. Ultimately, voters decided which method they trusted. I do not have to provide you the results of that do I?

  10. #230
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Saddam: 'I Lied About WMD In Fear Of Iran'

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Take it as you will. I have not the time today to rummage through my library to give you quotes. Ultimately, voters decided which method they trusted. I do not have to provide you the results of that do I?
    True -- Bush did beat Kerry fairly convincingly.

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •