Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 168

Thread: Senate Bill Fines People More Than $1,000 for Refusing Health Care Coverage

  1. #51
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,545

    Re: Senate Bill Fines People More Than $1,000 for Refusing Health Care Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Who will pay your hospital bill if someone (God forbid) attacks you with an axe handle and you don't have insurance. I'm still waiting for your answer.


    Are you slower than usual today? Post #40

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I will, yes I have the money. Do you value freedom or power more?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #52
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate Bill Fines People More Than $1,000 for Refusing Health Care Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Health care costs more than that, as you know. Or maybe you don't. Does your employer pay your health care? I pay my own for my family. It costs about $15,000 a year. I would appreciate a lower cost alternative, especially as we are rarely sick.
    My wife's employer(I am in college) contributes towards healthcare, but we still pay for it as well, well more than $1000 a year. I am well aware that healthcare costs more than $1000 a year. As it should. I don't expect to go to an all inclusive resort, and pay them the same rate I would pay for a roach motel. If they did that, they'd be out of business in the blink of an eye.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  3. #53
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,545

    Re: Senate Bill Fines People More Than $1,000 for Refusing Health Care Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    My wife's employer(I am in college) contributes towards healthcare, but we still pay for it as well, well more than $1000 a year. I am well aware that healthcare costs more than $1000 a year. As it should. I don't expect to go to an all inclusive resort, and pay them the same rate I would pay for a roach motel. If they did that, they'd be out of business in the blink of an eye.


    Cancun, was having awesome deals due to the swine flu.... 535 for 3 days all inclusive, including flights.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #54
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Senate Bill Fines People More Than $1,000 for Refusing Health Care Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    My wife's employer(I am in college) contributes towards healthcare, but we still pay for it as well, well more than $1000 a year. I am well aware that healthcare costs more than $1000 a year. As it should. I don't expect to go to an all inclusive resort, and pay them the same rate I would pay for a roach motel. If they did that, they'd be out of business in the blink of an eye.
    I am not aware of any roach motel hospitals. I think they are all on the Sheraton level.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Senate Bill Fines People More Than $1,000 for Refusing Health Care Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I am not aware of any roach motel hospitals. I think they are all on the Sheraton level.
    You really don't bother to read about how UHC Hospitals in other countries are faring do you?

    BBC NEWS | UK | England | Kent | Working undercover at dirty hospital
    Three years ago BBC News reporter Danielle Glavin worked undercover to highlight poor hygiene standards at a hospital run by the Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust.
    She speaks of her time there after a report said 90 deaths at the trust's hospitals could have been avoided.
    WalesOnline - News - Wales News - Hospitals’ dirty secrets uncovered
    NURSES are being forced to store vital clean hospital equipment in bathrooms, according to an RCN survey .

    A quarter of nurses in Wales said the practice was commonplace, raising concerns about the risk of contamination and the spread of infections, such as MRSA and C.difficile.

    It is understand that IV drip stands and commodes are being kept in bathrooms because of a lack of storage space on wards.

    A survey commissioned by the Royal College of Nursing (RCN) also found that more than a third of nurses charged with decontaminating equipment have not been formally trained to do such work.

    Dr Peter Carter, the RCNís chief executive and general secretary, said: ďHaving the time and space to clean and then store essential everyday hospital equipment such as IV stands, commodes and patient cushions is crucial in keeping patients safe from dangerous infections. Itís shocking that some nurses have no choice but to store equipment in hospital bathrooms and in sluices.
    Ten dirty hospitals get support to clean up | Society | guardian.co.uk
    Ten hospitals in England were yesterday named and shamed as facing the biggest struggle to meet cleanliness targets by the health secretary, Alan Milburn, who is sending in professional support teams and delegating extra funds to clean up the poorest performers.

    The Department of Health claimed yesterday that standards had risen spectacularly in the last six months: the number of unacceptably dirty hospitals has dropped from 253 to 40.

    The drive to clean up hospitals was announced in the government's NHS plan last July, partly in response to patient complaints but also in an effort to reduce the number of infections in hospital, which affect 100,000 people a year, kill 5,000 and cost the NHS about £1bn to treat.

    But who gives a damn about dirty hospitals, their FREE!!! Everyone is equal now!


    Seriously, people that push for the Government to take over healthcare, piss me off. You don't care about the consequences, you don't care about the damage you'll do, you only care about the political theory being met.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #56
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Senate Bill Fines People More Than $1,000 for Refusing Health Care Coverage

    Ok, so just so we all understand...

    Is the conservative solution to health care to allow everyone to simply choose to buy health coverage, or not as the case may be? And then, if a person shows up at an emergency room or doctor's office with no insurance or cash in hand, refuse to treat them? This is the purely free market solution, isn't it? Let them die if they don't have a way to pay?

    Because, if not, and we are going to give them care, or require them to be cared for, we are all paying for that health care one way or another. Care givers have to cover the costs of providing it, and the money doesn't magically appear out of thin air: They charge all the other patients more!

    At least with the fine, they have paid us out in advance for covering their risk. This is a solution to please the center of the political spectrum... I would prefer socialized medicine.

    So, just so we all understand, please tell us the conservative solution to providing health care, or not, as the case may be. What is your alternative to requiring people to obtain insurance? What would please conservatives?

  7. #57
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Senate Bill Fines People More Than $1,000 for Refusing Health Care Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    Ok, so just so we all understand...

    Is the conservative solution to health care to allow everyone to simply choose to buy health coverage, or not as the case may be? And then, if a person shows up at an emergency room or doctor's office with no insurance or cash in hand, refuse to treat them? This is the purely free market solution, isn't it? Let them die if they don't have a way to pay?

    Because, if not, and we are going to give them care, or require them to be cared for, we are all paying for that health care one way or another. Care givers have to cover the costs of providing it, and the money doesn't magically appear out of thin air: They charge all the other patients more!

    At least with the fine, they have paid us out in advance for covering their risk. This is a solution to please the center of the political spectrum... I would prefer socialized medicine.

    So, just so we all understand, please tell us the conservative solution to providing health care, or not, as the case may be. What is your alternative to requiring people to obtain insurance? What would please conservatives?
    Yes, we Conservatvies are cold hearted bastards that think anyone too poor or too stupid to afford Health coverage should die in the streets. You got us.


    It couldn't be we want to remove the costlier elements of healthcare, like making ER's no longer "the family doctors" of the poor. No, way, that would make sense, we hate them really.

    It couldn't be we detest the fact that if as an American Citizen, with health insurance, if our coverage doesn't cover the entire bill, and even though we paid at the time, they still come after us for small amounts, where as if we were illegals they pay nothing, we wouldn't want to reform that problem... no, we just hate them damn dirty illegals.

    It couldn't be that we want tort reform to because we think Doctors and Hospitals spend way too much time, effort and resources covering their asses from lawyers, no we hate consumers and want to allow incompetence to flourish.

    It's not that we look at other countries that have tried UHC and find that the costs far outweigh the benefits, it's that we're stingy bastards that don't want to help anyone but our selves.

    Yeah, you figured us out...
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #58
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Senate Bill Fines People More Than $1,000 for Refusing Health Care Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I am not aware of any roach motel hospitals. I think they are all on the Sheraton level.
    Cook county (now John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital) is a ****ing roach motel.

    It's also the primary reason I am very, very wary of governemnt health care.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Senate Bill Fines People More Than $1,000 for Refusing Health Care Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Yes, we Conservatvies are cold hearted bastards that think anyone too poor or too stupid to afford Health coverage should die in the streets. You got us.


    It couldn't be we want to remove the costlier elements of healthcare, like making ER's no longer "the family doctors" of the poor. No, way, that would make sense, we hate them really.

    It couldn't be we detest the fact that if as an American Citizen, with health insurance, if our coverage doesn't cover the entire bill, and even though we paid at the time, they still come after us for small amounts, where as if we were illegals they pay nothing, we wouldn't want to reform that problem... no, we just hate them damn dirty illegals.

    It couldn't be that we want tort reform to because we think Doctors and Hospitals spend way too much time, effort and resources covering their asses from lawyers, no we hate consumers and want to allow incompetence to flourish.

    It's not that we look at other countries that have tried UHC and find that the costs far outweigh the benefits, it's that we're stingy bastards that don't want to help anyone but our selves.

    Yeah, you figured us out...
    Alright, well come on then, what IS your solution? You're partly just pointing out the some flaws to the moderate/liberal solution. The rest of your post is hyperbolic drama. Put yourself out there, let us see what you've got.

    How, for instance, would you cease letting ERs be the family doctor for the poor, exactly?

    No, I haven't figured you out! That's why I am asking what, specifically, you do want to do. I am having trouble reading your mind, and I can't come up with my own market solution that will address all the problems even you allude to as being part of any truly market solution.

    So, let's hear it.

  10. #60
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Senate Bill Fines People More Than $1,000 for Refusing Health Care Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    How, for instance, would you cease letting ERs be the family doctor for the poor, exactly?
    What's the justification for forcing doctors to treat patients?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •