Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 66 of 66

Thread: Defense Chief Giving Don't Ask Don't Tell a Closer Look

  1. #61
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Defense Chief Giving Don't Ask Don't Tell a Closer Look

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, does that mean that the link you provided, that included only 100 retired officers is garbage? And, you say I'm incapable of irrational debate???

    Your link, sir: Admirals, generals: Let gays serve openly - Military- msnbc.com
    I said that being retired is an important fact, not that it made their opinion garbage. You neglected to mention the retired fact when you first mentioned it.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It could have something to do with one thousand, one hundred flag and general officers signing a letter supporting a ban on gays in the military. Kinda hard for a CIC to go up against 1,100 general officers.

    Note the lack of mention of retired in that post? It's an important detail to include so people know what you are talking about.
    Last edited by Redress; 07-02-09 at 07:29 PM. Reason: messed up quotes

  2. #62
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Defense Chief Giving Don't Ask Don't Tell a Closer Look

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, there is a school of thought among blacks and Leftist whites that says the military targets disadvantaged youth, especially minorities, claiming that they are being used as connon fodder.
    I think you would find that is a pretty fringe element school of thought.

  3. #63
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Defense Chief Giving Don't Ask Don't Tell a Closer Look

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I said that being retired is an important fact, not that it made their opinion garbage. You neglected to mention the retired fact when you first mentioned it.
    Because I didn't know most of them were retired.




    Note the lack of mention of retired in that post? It's an important detail to include so people know what you are talking about.
    I think you're just trying to make something out of nothing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I think you would find that is a pretty fringe element school of thought.

    I disagree. I believe that it's a fairly mainstream mindset within the black and Leftist communities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #64
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Defense Chief Giving Don't Ask Don't Tell a Closer Look

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're retired.

    These men aren't semi-literate E-6's. They didn't retire, as generals and flag officers, because they're stupid. I would say their opinions probably carry a good deal of wait with the current Joint Chiefs and Department of Defense.


    hmm. e-6's are semi literate?


    That's odd, I found myself as smart, or often much smarter than most of the officers around me.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #65
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Defense Chief Giving Don't Ask Don't Tell a Closer Look

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    All, plus alotta retired general officers.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The letter:

    Flag & General Officers for the Military

    PDF link to all the officers that signed the letter:

    http://cmrlink.org/CMRDocuments/FGOM...%29-033109.pdf

    If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

    How many flag and general officers are there?

    If there are 1200, then 1050 signatures is pretty significant.

    If there are 20000, then 1050 signatures doesn't really mean much.

    Thanks in advance for your answer.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  6. #66
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Defense Chief Giving Don't Ask Don't Tell a Closer Look

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    How many flag and general officers are there?

    If there are 1200, then 1050 signatures is pretty significant.

    If there are 20000, then 1050 signatures doesn't really mean much.

    Thanks in advance for your answer.
    It is retired flag officers, so the number will be quite large.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •