Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 590

Thread: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

  1. #51
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,324

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No you did not. You posted the military policy on sexual harassment(which does not mention anything remotely like opening doors for anyone), and a story of a gay soldier. No proof that there is any more problem with sexual harrassment due to DADT, nor evidence that gay soldiers openly serving would cause an increase in sexual harassment charges.
    You seriously need to go back and re-read my posts. I posted evidence of a gay soldier being hrrassed because he was gay. After you do that, I'll be waiting for your docs. thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #52
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I was a medic who was trained to be in combat, as all military medics are. During the training, I never heard my sexuality mentioned as an issue, not once. That should be the last thing on a person's mind in those situations.
    When I was in, most of us just considered it no ones business. If you got your job done, why would we care?

  3. #53
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You seriously need to go back and re-read my posts. I posted evidence of a gay soldier being hrrassed because he was gay. After you do that, I'll be waiting for your docs. thanks in advance.
    One indicates an isolated problem, not a wave of sexual harassment. Keep trying.

  4. #54
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,324

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Well then teach me, sensei. When you mentioned the gay guy making a pass in a latrine,

    I never said anything about a gay soldier making a pass at a straight soldier. You need to join Redress and go back and re-read my posts.

    BTW, what makes everyone think that we're only talking about gay male soldiers?

    You folks are making alotta false assumptions. Perhaps you should fall back and regroup?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #55
    Guru
    Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    02-13-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,962

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You seriously need to go back and re-read my posts. I posted evidence of a gay soldier being hrrassed because he was gay. After you do that, I'll be waiting for your docs. thanks in advance.
    Then the people harassing the gay person should be dealt with. That should not be tolerated in homosexual or heterosexual cases.
    "Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." -Ronald Reagan

  6. #56
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,324

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    One indicates an isolated problem, not a wave of sexual harassment. Keep trying.
    Show us one case of males and females being forced to share open bay showers. i.e showering together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #57
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I never said anything about a gay soldier making a pass at a straight soldier. You need to join Redress and go back and re-read my posts.

    BTW, what makes everyone think that we're only talking about gay male soldiers?

    You folks are making alotta false assumptions. Perhaps you should fall back and regroup?
    Why would we? We are winning. You have shown no evidence of any problem with letting gays serve openly. You have made a claim that one of your sources contradicts. You have dismissed the experiences of several military veterans. You have offered zero substance.

  8. #58
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,324

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Then the people harassing the gay person should be dealt with. That should not be tolerated in homosexual or heterosexual cases.
    You're absolutely right. This is the breakdown in discipline that concerns me. I shudder think of soldiers getting killed for a political agenda, or a social experiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #59
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I don't know how many gay soldiers I served with. Never was a concern of mine. Oh, wait, you think I'm homophobic! Shoulda seen that coming. Since I don't agree that the abolition of DADT is the neatest thing since sliced bread, there MUST be something wrong with me. Right?
    Actually, I never said that I thought you were homophobic. I just think it's a bit hypocritical to demand proof from others that you aren't willing to provide for your own assertions.

  10. #60
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,324

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why would we? We are winning. .
    No, not really. You've failed, after repeated requests, to provide docs supporting your point of view.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •