Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
Results 581 to 590 of 590

Thread: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

  1. #581
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    I do not have to make you "seem" like anything. You dig your own grave, don't point the finger at me.


    Let's try further elaborating, because stating that pedophiles cannot help their attraction to children does little to convince me that we should keep gays out of the military. I'm going to need you to connect the dots here and formulate an argument.


    Roger that.
    Ok I'll connect the dots for you, genius. What I am saying is that just because a person may not be able to help their attraction does not mean they should follow up on it. I believe homosexuality to be immoral.

  2. #582
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    Ok I'll connect the dots for you, genius. What I am saying is that just because a person may not be able to help their attraction does not mean they should follow up on it. I believe homosexuality to be immoral.
    The military accepts convicted felons, in some cases. They accept people who have cheated on their spouses. They accept people who lie to their friends. Most people would say that these actions are not moral.

    Who made YOU the arbiter of what is moral and what isn't, and are you prepared to argue that anyone who does anything immoral shouldn't be a part of the military?
    Last edited by Kandahar; 07-16-09 at 05:38 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  3. #583
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    What I am saying is that just because a person may not be able to help their attraction does not mean they should follow up on it.
    Some members of the military have raped females, should the opposite sex not be allowed in the military? It's an important question to gauge your views.

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    I believe homosexuality to be immoral.

    Some people view sex outside the marriage to be immoral. Your views on what is moral are irrelevant.

  4. #584
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Here we are at 59 pages and the positions aren't getting any clearer. To those who still oppose lifting the ban, what is the single best argument you believe you've made here?


  5. #585
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    Here we are at 59 pages and the positions aren't getting any clearer. To those who still oppose lifting the ban, what is the single best argument you believe you've made here?




    Honestly, I think the best argument is themselves. If they can't accept them here. What makes you think they would there? Don't you think, that if. 20% of the military population had a problem with this, that it would cause problems?

    Is it right? Is it wrong? That's irrellevant....



    as for Me, All I care about is that you are good at hitting the guys sending 7.62 my way...... I am not interested in what you do with your genitalia.....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #586
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    Ok I'll connect the dots for you, genius. What I am saying is that just because a person may not be able to help their attraction does not mean they should follow up on it. I believe homosexuality to be immoral.
    If your argument is that gays should not serve in the military because it is, in your opinion, "immoral" to be gay, then it would appear we are done here.

    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #587
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Honestly, I think the best argument is themselves. If they can't accept them here. What makes you think they would there? Don't you think, that if. 20% of the military population had a problem with this, that it would cause problems?
    I suppose the best way to answer that question would be to test it in real life.

    And, if fact, the policy has been tested in real life and we already know the answer. The British don't have a problem with gays in the military. The Australians don't have a problem with gays in the military. The Israelis don't have a problem with gays in the military.

    So no... our military won't have a problem either.


  8. #588
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    I suppose the best way to answer that question would be to test it in real life.

    And, if fact, the policy has been tested in real life and we already know the answer. The British don't have a problem with gays in the military. The Australians don't have a problem with gays in the military. The Israelis don't have a problem with gays in the military.

    So no... our military won't have a problem either.



    I tend to agree. Like i said. I was concerned with thier ability to serve, not anyones genitals.


    However. Would it be the time to do so in the middle of two wars, or should this be done peace time?


    I would for the sake of moral, and safety, wait until we are out of irag and Afghanistan.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #589
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    However. Would it be the time to do so in the middle of two wars, or should this be done peace time?
    It's during wartime that the military generally leaves gays to themselves. After all, when you're busy fighting, it seems like a waste of time and resources to discharge soldiers who are doing a good job. Look what happened to gay discharges during the Iraq conflict...


  10. #590
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    Look what happened to gay discharges during the Iraq conflict...
    I'm sorry, but that's just about the best sentence ever!

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •