Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 590

Thread: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

  1. #491
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, nevermind the fact that soldiers actually have rights.
    Yeah, nevermind that homos actually have rights. And let me ask this...what right of the straight soldiers is being infringed upon when a gay serves in the military? Huh? Can you answer that? Can ya? Huh? Huh?

    There may be so many people, "not serving at all", that there will be the need for conscriptions to fill the ranks of our armed forces. I'm sure that's going to have a positive effect on our military.
    I see no evidence to support that scenario.

  2. #492
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Yeah, nevermind that homos actually have rights. And let me ask this...what right of the straight soldiers is being infringed upon when a gay serves in the military? Huh? Can you answer that? Can ya? Huh? Huh?
    Soldiers have a right to a safe, comfortable wooking and living environment. That policy is the reason that a couple of soldiers are going to prison for 12+ years for taking pictures of females showering. Why are they going to prison? They're going to prison for violating those female soldiers's right to a safe, comfortable working and living environment, free of harrassment of any kind. Don't hear anyone telling those females to, "suck it up", do we? That case also blows the males and females sharing showers together, too. Huh?

    If a straight soldier refuses to share billets with a gay soldier, or a gay soldier refuses to share billets with straight soldiers, it is that soldier's right to request appropriate billeting. I know you don't want to accept that, but as a former member of the United States military, you should be familiar with those policies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #493
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Soldiers have a right to a safe, comfortable wooking and living environment.
    Comfortable?????

    Where were you stationed, the Hilton? What is your definition of comfortable?

    As for rights, soldiers have LIMITED rights. A white soldier cannot say "I don't want to be bunked with a ni**er".

    And if that soldier is "uncomfortable" with that, they will show his ass the door. The same if DADT is removed and gays can serve openly.

    What are you guys afraid of, some gay guy looking at your package or something? Sheez.

    I like the logic, bombs and bullets flying through the air won't distract a combat unit, but they can't if a gay guy is in their unit? Gimme a break.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 07-15-09 at 02:39 PM.

  4. #494
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Comfortable?????

    Where were you stationed, the Hilton? What is your definition of comfortable?

    As for rights, soldiers have LIMITED rights. A white soldier cannot say "I don't want to be bunked with a ni**er".

    And if that soldier is "uncomfortable" with that, they will show his ass the door. The same if DADT is removed and gays can serve openly.

    What are you guys afraid of, some gay guy looking at your package or something? Sheez.

    I like the logic, bombs and bullets flying through the air won't distract a combat unit, but they can't if a gay guy is in their unit? Gimme a break.

    DoD policy uses the term comfortable. You know that since you were in the service for 20 plus years. Right?


    What are you guys afraid of, some gay guy looking at your package or something? Sheez.
    There's more to it than that and I think you know it, but won't admit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #495
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Soldiers have a right to a safe, comfortable wooking and living environment.
    OK.

    That policy is the reason that a couple of soldiers are going to prison for 12+ years for taking pictures of females showering. Why are they going to prison? They're going to prison for violating those female soldiers's right to a safe, comfortable working and living environment, free of harrassment of any kind.
    Which has what to do with gays serving in the military?

    Don't hear anyone telling those females to, "suck it up", do we?
    Not when they've been violated, no.

    That case also blows the males and females sharing showers together, too. Huh?
    No one has been arguing that asinine bull**** stance except for you.

    If a straight soldier refuses to share billets with a gay soldier, or a gay soldier refuses to share billets with straight soldiers, it is that soldier's right to request appropriate billeting.
    Really? I need you to show me some documentation of that "right".

    I know you don't want to accept that, but as a former member of the United States military, you should be familiar with those policies.
    I was never presented with a "right" to demand billeting based on my comfort. I call bull**** on your argument.

  6. #496
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    DoD policy uses the term comfortable. You know that since you were in the service for 20 plus years. Right?
    Which doesn't define what comfortable is. It is a catch phrase more or less that has little meaning since it isn't defined. But then you already know that too.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There's more to it than that and I think you know it, but won't admit it.

    When all that is said and done, not really. What it comes down to it is, if DADT is removed and gays can serve openly, you will have to follow orders or get out.

  7. #497
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    This isn't for former service members, as I'm aware that you are all familiar with this information. It's for those who have never served in the armed forces who think that soldiers can't complain about the conditions in which they have to serve.

    FM27-1, Chapter 10

    Soldiers may write or petition any member of Congress about a complaint. You should not interfere with or try to dissuade a soldier from exercising this right. UCMJ, Article 138 (Chapter 13), protects a soldier's right to complain and request correction of a grievance against his commander.

    FM 27-1 Chptr 10 Soldiers' Rights, Responsibilities, and Restrictions
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #498
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Really? I need you to show me some documentation of that "right".
    Look at the post above. Perhaps you forgot that information since you've been seperated from the service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #499
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    This isn't for former service members, as I'm aware that you are all familiar with this information. It's for those who have never served in the armed forces who think that soldiers can't complain about the conditions in which they have to serve.
    Who said soldiers can't complain? They can complain alright, but that doesn't mean their situation is going to change just because of them complaining about it.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 07-15-09 at 02:59 PM.

  10. #500
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    This isn't for former service members, as I'm aware that you are all familiar with this information. It's for those who have never served in the armed forces who think that soldiers can't complain about the conditions in which they have to serve.
    And nothing in that entire document indicates a "right" to change billeting based on "comfort" of the soldier.

    Just as I thought.

Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •