Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 590

Thread: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

  1. #461
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No he means you shouldn't be allowed to be affectionate to a female publicly or talk about your relationship AT ALL.

    To answer his previous question, no heterosexuals are not held to the same standard as gays.
    You say that after claiming to have retired from the military? Did you ever hear of PDA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #462
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Look, you're starting to become and embarressment to you branch of arms. Perhaps it's time to let it go?
    The only thing embarrassing is your supporting a guy that is insulting all gays that have and are serving in the military.

    Perhaps, you should stop while you are behind.

  3. #463
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    God-damn right! I served in the military for 13 years and I was never asked what my sexual preference was.
    Did you ever feel like you weren't allowed to talk to your military buddies about your girlfriends and/or your sex life?
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  4. #464
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You say that after claiming to have retired from the military? Did you ever hear of PDA?
    PDA doesn't cover holding hands out of uniform. DUH.

    PDA doesn't cover talking about your relationship to another soldier. DUH.

    My god you are falling waaaaay behind on this one.

  5. #465
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Look, you're starting to become and embarressment to you branch of arms. Perhaps it's time to let it go?
    Was that directed at me?

  6. #466
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Did you ever feel like you weren't allowed to talk to your military buddies about your girlfriends and/or your sex life?
    Yes! It was/is called, "conduct un-becoming". However, DADT doesn't mean that one can't confess to his/her comrades that he/she is gay. It only means that the chain of command can't ask about one's sexual preference and therefore one can't be discharged for being gay.

    You don't fully comprehend DADT. Do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #467
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    Was that directed at me?
    Hell no! It was directed at thenextera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #468
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yes! It was/is called, "conduct un-becoming". However, DADT doesn't mean that one can't confess to his/her comrades that he/she is gay. It only means that the chain of command can't ask about one's sexual preference and therefore one can't be discharged for being gay.

    You don't fully comprehend DADT. Do you?
    You can't hold hands with your loved one out of uniform if you are gay, while heterosexuals can. Hence they are not equal.

  9. #469
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    PDA doesn't cover holding hands out of uniform. DUH.

    PDA doesn't cover talking about your relationship to another soldier. DUH.

    My god you are falling waaaaay behind on this one.
    DADT doesn't cover holding hands out of uniform, either. DUHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

    What part of Don't ASK don't TELL don't all you ****er understand?!?!? I mean, damn, ya'll makin' it hard. Ya really are!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #470
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You can't hold hands with your loved one out of uniform if you are gay, while heterosexuals can. Hence they are not equal.
    And, as a career military person'age, you know, and I know that public displays of affection, while in uniform are a violation of Army regulations. You retired from the Army. You do know that. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •