Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 590

Thread: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

  1. #411
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    Actually, my wife thinks grown men sodomizing each other is nasty as well, just as most women do. Think about it. Two women kissing turns a lot of people on, even females, but even most females agree that two males kissing is disgusting.
    That's all well and good. Now why would you be obsessing over that to the point of not being able to perform your job?

  2. #412
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    I don't trust his character.
    You don't trust a person's character because of what two consenting adults do in the bedroom????

    That is the most ridiculous and one of the most bigoted thing I've ever heard on the whole gays serving in the military argument.

  3. #413
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    Actually, my wife thinks grown men sodomizing each other is nasty as well, just as most women do. Think about it. Two women kissing turns a lot of people on, even females, but even most females agree that two males kissing is disgusting.
    So what? How does ANY of that prevent you from doing your job?

    If someone is at the point that they cannot do their job because they are thinking about what two male adults do in the bedroom, they would either be a closet homosexual or an idiot. An idiot that shouldn't be in the military in the first place I might add.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 07-14-09 at 09:35 PM.

  4. #414
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So what? How does ANY of that prevent you from doing your job?

    If someone is at the point that they cannot do their job because they are thinking about what two male adults do in the bedroom, they would either be a closet homosexual or an idiot. An idiot that shouldn't be in the military in the first place I might add.
    The military is supposed to represent the best among us. I don't believe that grown men who sodomize each other fit into that category. And no, I am not an idiot. At least Uncle Sam doesn't think so. I am in a job that requires a minimum GT(aptitude) score of 125 to even enter, which places me in the top 3% of all the armed forces.

    Just because someone suscribes to traditional morals does not make them stupid.

    Also, if you think that anyone with my opinion shouldn't be in the armed forces, then good luck defending yourself. There are many more like me.
    Last edited by G.I. Joe; 07-14-09 at 09:56 PM.

  5. #415
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    The military is supposed to represent the best among us. I don't believe that grown men who sodomize each other fit into that category.
    What if there's no sodomy involved? What if someone is a gay virgin...do you still think he should be kicked out of the army? Why?

    What if it's a guy who brags to his buddies about ****ing his girlfriend in the ass? Should he be kicked out for sodomy?

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe
    And no, I am not an idiot. At least Uncle Sam doesn't think so. I am in a job that requires a minimum GT(aptitude) score of 125 to even enter, which places me in the top 3% of all the armed forces.

    Just because someone suscribes to traditional morals does not make them an idiot.
    No, but saying something retarded like "I don't want to serve next to gays because sodomy is disgusting" DOES make you an idiot.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  6. #416
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Allow me to introduce a novel concept to you guys. The Amry is NOT a free society. We have rules all over the place about what is expected of a soldier, i.e. hair length, drug use, etc. The Army has guidelines put forth that are meant to convey what type of image it wants each individual soldier to exude. In the eyes of the Army, and the majority of the population of the U.S., homosexuality does not represent it's values. If the powers that be decide that gays should not serve, then it is their perogative to do so. Get over it.

  7. #417
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    The military is supposed to represent the best among us. I don't believe that grown men who sodomize each other fit into that category. And no, I am not an idiot. At least Uncle Sam doesn't think so. I am in a job that requires a minimum GT(aptitude) score of 125 to even enter, which places me in the top 3% of all the armed forces.
    And you somehow thinking gays are second class citizens that are not the best is ridiculous considering MANY gays have served int he military HONORABLY.

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    Just because someone suscribes to traditional morals does not make them stupid.
    No someone who subscribes to gays as being second class citizens is an idiot.

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    Also, if you think that anyone with my opinion shouldn't be in the armed forces, then good luck defending yourself. There are many more like me.
    As long as you shut your mouth about gays while in uniform and don't treat them as second class citizens publicly, than you are doing the job.

  8. #418
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    In the eyes of the Army, and the majority of the population of the U.S., homosexuality does not represent it's values. If the powers that be decide that gays should not serve, then it is their perogative to do so. Get over it.
    If that were the case they wouldn't be allowed to serve even under DADT policy. Obviously the public and the military do NOT agree with you.

  9. #419
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Obviously the public and the military do NOT agree with you.
    Lol...The public doesn't agree with me? Hell, you couldn't defeat Prop 8 in the most liberal state in the country. I'm sorry democracy isn't convenient for you in this case, but that's just the way it is.

    And if you think that DADT essentially says that homosexually does not go against Army values, then explain why the second you display or even speak about homosexual behavior you get discharged.

  10. #420
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    Allow me to introduce a novel concept to you guys. The Amry is NOT a free society. We have rules all over the place about what is expected of a soldier, i.e. hair length, drug use, etc. The Army has guidelines put forth that are meant to convey what type of image it wants each individual soldier to exude.
    Wrong. The military answers to the commander-in-chief, who is elected by the American people. The policy on gays in the military is dictated through federal law, which is passed by Congress, which is elected by the American people.

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe
    In the eyes of the Army, and the majority of the population of the U.S., homosexuality does not represent it's values.
    Wrong. You're way out in right-field on this one. 75% of Americans believe that gays should be allowed to serve openly...including 64% of self-described conservatives, 64% of self-described Republicans, and 62% of self-described evangelical Protestants. Even 50% of military veterans support allowing gays to serve openly.

    http://abcnews.go.com/images/Polling...inMilitary.pdf

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe
    If the powers that be decide that gays should not serve, then it is their perogative to do so. Get over it.
    And if the powers that be decide that they SHOULD be allowed to serve openly, will you stop bitching about it and "get over it"?
    Last edited by Kandahar; 07-14-09 at 10:56 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •