Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 590

Thread: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

  1. #391
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    It's hard to hold a coherent argument together when your argument is ridiculous on its foundation and built on irrational feelings of "ZOMG teh gays do it in da buttz!"
    I'm just pointing out the types of people that you liberals hold so dearly to your hearts.

  2. #392
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    I'm just pointing out the types of people that you liberals hold so dearly to your hearts.
    Yeah cuz I'm just a big ole flamin' liberal.

  3. #393
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I believe the two words used together are offensive, as if there's only a such thing as a hillbilly bigot. Would you agree that other people, rural southron folk can be bigots, or are we the only ones?
    Hillbilly bigot is distinctive from northern bigot. Or urban bigot. Or black bigot. Or whatever. I don't see hillbilly used as such as doing anything but speculating about someone's heritage.

    I was only half serious though. I mean, I DO find it kind of odd that you objected to the use of the word hillbilly (which I attribute to hill folks such as myself from WV, KY, TN, etc), but I was not so bothered by it that I would make a serious issue out of it.

  4. #394
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,399

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Hillbilly bigot is distinctive from northern bigot. Or urban bigot. Or black bigot. Or whatever. I don't see hillbilly used as such as doing anything but speculating about someone's heritage.

    I was only half serious though. I mean, I DO find it kind of odd that you objected to the use of the word hillbilly (which I attribute to hill folks such as myself from WV, KY, TN, etc), but I was not so bothered by it that I would make a serious issue out of it.
    I object on a matter of principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #395
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    That logic is beyond flawed. No, I didn't "choose" to be straight. You think that just because one sexual orientation is natural that the other must be as well?

    How about pedophiles? When did they choose to like kids? And if it is something that they don't choose(which many believe this is the case), shouldn't they have equal rights?
    No, they're touching a child against a child's will. If two gay men decide to have a relationship, they are old enough to understand the ramifications and are two willing parties in the endeavor. Molesting a child is hardly the same. Nice try, though.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #396
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Yeah cuz I'm just a big ole flamin' liberal.
    Eh, he's already shown that he struggles to understand simple concepts. I guess he thinks that "centrist" = "liberal". Of course, anyone who is not a social conservative is a commie left-winger.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #397
    Student LowRevs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Downeast in NC
    Last Seen
    07-12-12 @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    272

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    As the thread degenerates into short sentences of derisive commentary let me just add this. All of us in the military have a lot of rules about what we can say to whom about sexuality. No-one but the homos want to be able to run around saying "I'm a homo". All we're asking is that they abide the same sexual harassment rules as everyone else! For instance if a male hetero is walking around saying "I'm a hetero" over and over again in the womens barracks, he will be pounding the pavement looking for a new job. If he says to a fellow male soldier "You're a homo", or even, "Are you a homo?", he could suffer the same fate. Just shut up! Is that too much to ask.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.--Thomas Jefferson

  8. #398
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by LowRevs View Post
    As the thread degenerates into short sentences of derisive commentary let me just add this. All of us in the military have a lot of rules about what we can say to whom about sexuality. No-one but the homos want to be able to run around saying "I'm a homo". All we're asking is that they abide the same sexual harassment rules as everyone else! For instance if a male hetero is walking around saying "I'm a hetero" over and over again in the womens barracks, he will be pounding the pavement looking for a new job. If he says to a fellow male soldier "You're a homo", or even, "Are you a homo?", he could suffer the same fate. Just shut up! Is that too much to ask.
    Yeah, it is too much to ask. I love this whole "don't put it in my face because I don't put it in yours" argument we hear all the time. It's a bull**** argument at it's foundation because all heteros ever do is announce how hetero they are. They hold hands ("We're heteros!!!"), the show affection (We're heteros!!!!), they announce their marriages in the papers (Hey, world!!! We're heteros!!!), they have an expectation of acceptance of their husbands and wives (Hey, love my fellow hetero, too!!!!), they have their Valentine's Days (Hallmark recognize us heteros!!!!), they have their weddings (Bring us gifts because we're heteros!!!!), their babyshowers (We made babehz like good heteros!!!!), etc, etc, etc.

    And you want someone to either not serve their country or serve their country in silence and shame using the argument that we should just "shut up"?

    Fvck. That.

  9. #399
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Yeah, it is too much to ask. I love this whole "don't put it in my face because I don't put it in yours" argument we hear all the time. It's a bull**** argument at it's foundation because all heteros ever do is announce how hetero they are. They hold hands ("We're heteros!!!"), the show affection (We're heteros!!!!), they announce their marriages in the papers (Hey, world!!! We're heteros!!!), they have an expectation of acceptance of their husbands and wives (Hey, love my fellow hetero, too!!!!), they have their Valentine's Days (Hallmark recognize us heteros!!!!), they have their weddings (Bring us gifts because we're heteros!!!!), their babyshowers (We made babehz like good heteros!!!!), etc, etc, etc.

    And you want someone to either not serve their country or serve their country in silence and shame using the argument that we should just "shut up"?

    Fvck. That.
    Not to mention there are some that think gays should keep private what they do in the bedroom, yet in the military I remember guys talked about their own sex life MANY times. How is that keeping it in the bedroom?

  10. #400
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    No, they're touching a child against a child's will. If two gay men decide to have a relationship, they are old enough to understand the ramifications and are two willing parties in the endeavor. Molesting a child is hardly the same. Nice try, though.
    Nice try at oversimplifying something to make me seem like an idiot. Obviously i was making a point that not every sexual orientation is natural, and there have been studies that show pedophiles cannot help their attraction to children. If it makes you feel smart to belittle my intelligence, feel free. i won't lose any sleep over it.

Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •