Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 590

Thread: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

  1. #371
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    Hahaha, these analogies are awesome.

    Honesty is never what I would consider "awesome". It's expected.

    But please, if you can show me where "natural" is a legitimate argument for legitimizing or not legitimizing human behavior, I would love to see it. Because from where I'm sitting...there isn't a human being alive who leads a "natural" life.

    You fail.

  2. #372
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Except no one has said anything about "grown men sodomizing each other." Is THAT what you're worried will happen if some dude checks out your package in the shower?

    Proof of sodomy is not required; people can be discharged from the military merely for their sexual orientation, even if they're pure-as-snow virgins.
    Ummm, the post was a response to a comparison that had been made between homosexuality and other "unnatural acts". And last time I checked, homosexuality involved grown men sodomizing each other.

  3. #373
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    So you believe that soldiers should have the right to pick and choose with whom they want to shower? What was that about maintaining unit discipline again?
    A female has the right not to be forced to shower with a male. You're right. If you think that's not true then you definitely living in a dream world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #374
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Whose sexual tension are we talking about here? Yours or theirs? If you're so worried about the dreaded shower scenario, then YOU are the one with the issues that should be dealt with...not them.
    Obviously I was referring to Army guidelines, why they're in place, and how it relates to the discussion. But if you would like to chalk it up to homophobia, feel free, since it seems to be the basis of your argument anyways.

  5. #375
    User Sneam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    My office takes up two bags. My home is where my heart is.
    Last Seen
    12-11-09 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    You should thank God for "hillbilly bigots". They keep the coast clear so you can log on to your computer and crusade for sodomoy all day. You think people with your mindset are trading fire with Hajji? There are a few, but you are in the minority.
    Um, hillbilly bigots are kinda the minority.

    Who Are the Recruits? The Demographic Characteristics of U.S. Military Enlistment, 2003?2005

  6. #376
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    You should thank God for "hillbilly bigots". They keep the coast clear so you can log on to your computer and crusade for sodomoy all day. You think people with your mindset are trading fire with Hajji? There are a few, but you are in the minority. Hell, you couldn't even get Prop 8 passed in the most liberal state in the union. That should have been an indicator to you.
    Oh thank you for "crusading for sodomy all day" on my behalf! If it wasn't for your heroic vigilance, an army of queers would undoubtedly be breaking into my apartment right now to rape me in the ass!
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  7. #377
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    Ummm, the post was a response to a comparison that had been made between homosexuality and other "unnatural acts". And last time I checked, homosexuality involved grown men sodomizing each other.
    So then you don't believe that soldiers should be discharged for being gay unless there is some actual proof of sodomy, right?

    Do you have any idea how convoluted and ridiculous your logic is?
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  8. #378
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneam View Post
    Um, hillbilly bigots
    That's a racist term. Please don't use it anymore. Just saying, "bigots", would have made your point just as easily. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #379
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    So then you don't believe that soldiers should be discharged for being gay unless there is some actual proof of sodomy, right?

    Do you have any idea how convoluted and ridiculous your logic is?
    It's hard to hold a coherent argument together when your argument is ridiculous on its foundation and built on irrational feelings of "ZOMG teh gays do it in da buttz!"

  10. #380
    User Sneam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    My office takes up two bags. My home is where my heart is.
    Last Seen
    12-11-09 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's a racist term. Please don't use it anymore. Just saying, "bigots", would have made your point just as easily. Thank you.
    ... Chosen because it had been used a few times. Emphasis and all. I would point out we have a nice pile of derogatory terms in this thread to choose from.

    At the same time, nod. It is bad form.

    You still haven't answered my question.

Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •