Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 590

Thread: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

  1. #201
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Therein lies the problem. Two gay lovers in the same unit; the unit is on the attack/defense; one of the lovers is wounded; the other lover drops out of the fight to tend to his/her lover; thereby compromising the mission.

    Everyone stop and think that your life hangs in the balance. You want you life, or the life of your son/daughter jeopordized by that situation?
    Umm then why don't you just separate the two lovers so it isn't a problem, instead of banning all homosexuals from the military? Derrrrr.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Therein lies the problem. Two gay lovers in the same unit; the unit is on the attack/defense; one of the lovers is wounded; the other lover drops out of the fight to tend to his/her lover; thereby compromising the mission.

    Everyone stop and think that your life hangs in the balance. You want you life, or the life of your son/daughter jeopordized by that situation?
    I'll tell you what: You show me where this is a recurring problem between men and women in existing co-ed units, and I'll concede the point.

  3. #203
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Moderator's Warning:
    Gay West Point grad testifies before ArmyFolks let's remember to keep things civil in here.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #204
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Umm then why don't you just separate the two lovers so it isn't a problem, instead of banning all homosexuals from the military? Derrrrr.
    What if the leadership of that unit isn't aware than they're lovers?

    What's the policy going to be if those lovers file a complaint, saying they're being picked on because they're gay and their rights to date anyone they want is being violated?

    What if there's some torrid love triangle and one member of the triangle decides to ice the competition?

    What if there's some kind of lover's spat, over a broken heart in the middle of a battle?

    Have the supporters of this really put some thought into it? Insuring the utmost safety and security for our soldiers on the battlefield is priority #1. Yes? Is it worth someone's life just to be all politically correct and fashinable and cool and tolerant and stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #205
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Therein lies the problem. Two gay lovers in the same unit; the unit is on the attack/defense; one of the lovers is wounded; the other lover drops out of the fight to tend to his/her lover; thereby compromising the mission.

    Everyone stop and think that your life hangs in the balance. You want you life, or the life of your son/daughter jeopordized by that situation?
    I see little difference between this and having two best friends in the same unit. These people are professionals. They would act as such.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #206
    Guru
    Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    02-13-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,962

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, not in military billets, they're not. Males aren't even allowed to even be present in female billets--and vice versa--much less in the showers.
    That is a British thing, which I do not know about.

    About American barracks:

    "The U.S. Marine Corps have gender-separate basic training units. The U.S. Army has gender-separate basic training, but like the United States Coast Guard, U.S. Air Force and U.S. Navy, has training where male and female recruits share barracks, but are separated during personal time and lights out. However, all the services integrate male and female members following boot camp and first assignment."

    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barracks]Barracks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

    As I stated, some gender segregation only occurs in training. After that, males and females are free to integrate.
    "Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." -Ronald Reagan

  7. #207
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I see little difference between this and having two best friends in the same unit. These people are professionals. They would act as such.
    There's a huge difference between best friends and lovers. That is the reason that the IDF abolished coed combat units in 1950.

    "The U.S. Marine Corps have gender-separate basic training units. The U.S. Army has gender-separate basic training, but like the United States Coast Guard, U.S. Air Force and U.S. Navy, has training where male and female recruits share barracks, but are separated during personal time and lights out. However, all the services integrate male and female members following boot camp and first assignment."
    That's a complete misinterpretation of the information. Yes, males and females share the same building, but their quarters and their latrines are completely seperate. i.e. males and females are housed in a three story building. The different floors are designated male and female. The male areas are off limits to females and vice versa.

    I believe everyone can attest to that.
    Last edited by apdst; 07-03-09 at 03:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    It wasn't really necessary to allow blacks into the service. Times changed.
    It's kind of hard to conceal one's skin color.

    Few people look back on the segregated services with nostalgia. We recognized bigotry for what it was.

    Years from now, people will read these old message boards and chuckle at the bigotry.
    If this policy change resulted in the death of one service member, would you be okay with that?

    Yes. I use the word bigots. Sorry if that offends anyone. It is what it is. If you don't like homosexuals, you're a bigot.

    I should have known I couldn’t fool you. I suppose I’ll just come clean…

    Everyone, I don’t want homosexuals serving openly in the military because I hate queers. I thought I could conceal my intolerance from you all but Grateful Heart is far too perceptive. He has exposed me for the bigot that I am.

  9. #209
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There's a huge difference between best friends and lovers. That is the reason that the IDF abolished coed combat units in 1950.
    This is not relevant based on what I commented on. You stated that someone would cease combat/defense to attend to one they were close to, in your example their lover. My contention is that when someone you are close to is injured in combat, it doesn't matter what the relationship is. If they are someone you care a lot about, as a professional, one would act professionally.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Gay West Point grad testifies before Army

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    This is not relevant based on what I commented on. You stated that someone would cease combat/defense to attend to one they were close to, in your example their lover. My contention is that when someone you are close to is injured in combat, it doesn't matter what the relationship is. If they are someone you care a lot about, as a professional, one would act professionally.
    So, you assume would what happen, but you do not know.

Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •