Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 161

Thread: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

  1. #71
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,969

    Re: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Try reading slower. There's only ten words.
    Its not about reading comprehension, its because it makes no senses.

    aps asked the question because that quote has been used in thread after thread after thread about the Judge. That makes sense. One could assume that someone or a group of people bringing up something over and over again could be "obsessed with it".

    That said, aps commenting on a single comment made a single time in a single thread can not be in any way "obsessing".

    You tried to be a smart ass and failed, miserably, because your smart ass response didn't make sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    This is why there should be litmus test for allowing someone to be a judge. If they are going to ignore a discrimination because of the plaintiff's skin color then that judge is no better than some judge in the past who did the same thing because of skin color. Why do we allow these racist to be judges? I am so sick and tired of racial discrimination being called "revere discrimination", it is not reverse discrimination it is racial discrimination. Why the **** do a lot of people play along with the reverse discrimination label?
    So are you saying that 4 of the current Supreme Court Justices are unquestionably racist simply because of their decision on this?

  2. #72
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 08:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    55

    Re: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    I don't think King's vision of a color blind society will ever come true.
    I would love to believe that this perspective is a little too pessimistic, Gill, but there are times when I grow faint-of-heart.

    I grew up in a border state during the 50's so from that perspective, I am proud of the progress our citizens have achieved.

    My fear, however, is that in all the good faith efforts to address the systemic racial issues that have plagued our country from the beginning, we have taken the easy path and elevated "victimhood" to a fine art form and a social virtue. We have evolved to a state where everyone can rest comfortably in the confidence that they are the biggest victims. And we have politicians and a legal system that is more than eager to cater to this clientele.

    I do wish that we, as citizens, could shake ourselves from this slumber and begin again to climb out of this self-destructive morass. The only leverage we have is our voice and vote.

  3. #73
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So are you saying that 4 of the current Supreme Court Justices are unquestionably racist simply because of their decision on this?
    The firefighters discriminated against because of race and those 4 justices apparently felt that racist policies are a good thing. Either they are racist because why else would you support racist policies or they are hypocrites who claim to be against racist policies while supporting and allowing racist policies for other groups.

    This is real actual definition of racism(not some crock **** liberal racist apologist definition)


    American Heritage Dictionary

    racism-

    1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
    2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 06-30-09 at 12:03 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #74
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

    So are you saying that 4 of the current Supreme Court Justices are unquestionably racist simply because of their decision on this?
    I do not think that those justices are necessarily racist, but so inundated with Affirmative Action, and the thought that if only white men are promoted, then something racist is going on. There should be no special play for any race. If we are all equal then we should start on an equal playing field and let merit take us where it will. Otherwise you promote incompotent people based on race, and this does nothing than bring the whole establishment, business, government down.

    For the judges to rule that New Haven acted within the law on a policy that discarded one group in the favor of the other groups, is in of itself contradictory and faulty logic. Let's take away the crutch and allow all people to fairly compete, that is tru integration and equality.

  5. #75
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,969

    Re: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    The firefighters discriminated against because of race and those 4 justices apparently felt that racist policies are a good thing. Either they are racist because why else would you support racist policies or they are hypocrites who claim to be against racist policies while supporting and allowing racist policies for other groups.

    This is real actual definition of racism(not some crock **** liberal racist apologist definition)


    American Heritage Dictionary

    racism-

    1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
    2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
    So even assuming that is correct....

    You're saying a single racist action makes on a "racist"?

  6. #76
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Puerto Rican.
    Yet is Peurto Rican a race ? I just spoke with a Peurto Rican friend as this is what he said :. For all practical purposes Peurto Ricans consist of mixed race, and single race people.

    There are a minority group of Peurto Ricans who can trace their decent to Spanish colonists who have not mixed with other races and being Spanish are caucasian. *

    There are Peurto Ricans who had interbred with with Native Indians hense they are mixed race. Other may have bred with African slaves and other may be a combination of all three - Spanish, African, and Native Indian.

    Sorry to diverge this thread temporarrly but it just bothered me to hear the racist charge against her and no one seemed to even know what race she was.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  7. #77
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    The Reason I am could not join the NYPD is because I wasn't a woman or a black man when I passed the exam in the 98%, they only had to score 68% to get ahead of me.


    This was Dinkins.
    This is sad.

    I see similar movements within my department, we have been holding special recruiting job fairs specifically focused on recruiting women and minorities to the job. Granted they won't turn down speaking to white men, but they are targeting women and minorities. I don't have any data on the specifics on who is getting turned down that probably shouldn't have been. But I am aware that since our new chief took office, he completely restructured the recruitment staff to better fit his "view" on recruitment in the department. One such Officer now works in my division, and was removed because he didn't agree with our new chief's "lowering" of the standards for employment.

    Situations like this remind me of a statement made by Dennis Leary's character on the show "Rescue Me" when addressing "Black Shawn"'s argument that there is racism in the recruitment process for the NYPD, he stated something to the effect of, "Maybe not that many blacks are getting into the fire academy because not that many want the damn job."
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #78
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

    Quote Originally Posted by atomsNvoid View Post
    That was a great post Justabubba!

    I have read it a couple of times and let me tell you where I stumble. In your entire comprehensive summary of the case, I am unable to find the "beginning of the string". I can find no indication that anyone had any responsibility at any time.

    The test designers have no responsibility. The test givers have no responsibility. The test takers have no responsibility. The city elders have no responsibility. Neither the trial nor appealate courts have any responsibility. It is not until you get to the Supreme Court that anyone takes any responsibility and all they say is: "You can't do it this way."

    Is this really the way the system is intended to work? And if the answer to that question is "Yes" then I ask is this the system to which we all choose to give our affirmative consent?
    Good one atoms! When you say "affirmative consent " I am sure that you don't mean affirmatiove action !! LOL

    Interesting analysis and conclusion on your part about the responsibility of the parties or lack thereof. You hit this puppy right on the head since the City "chickened" out by not abiding by the results of the test yet failed to determine if the they thought that the test was bad. They just refused to stand by their test and refused to over turn the test.

    They chose the ignore path. Sad indeed by good old New HAVEN !!!
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  9. #79
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    This is why there should be litmus test for allowing someone to be a judge. If they are going to ignore a discrimination because of the plaintiff's skin color then that judge is no better than some judge in the past who did the same thing because of skin color. Why do we allow these racist to be judges? I am so sick and tired of racial discrimination being called "revere discrimination", it is not reverse discrimination it is racial discrimination. Why the **** do a lot of people play along with the reverse discrimination label?
    I also hate this "reverse discrimination" label.

    Discrimination is Discrimination.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So are you saying that 4 of the current Supreme Court Justices are unquestionably racist simply because of their decision on this?
    I don't know what he is saying, But I am saying that they are apologists for the racial discrimination that is affirmative action.

    In my mind there is no difference between a justice who supports the racist practice of affirmative action (of whose racism is two-fold), and the justice who supported the racist practice of discrimination in court decisions dealing with racial inequalities in the 1800s and early 1900s.

    Affirmative action is racist in that
    1. It assumes that by merely being a minority one is genetically challenged and incapable of being as proficient as a white or non-minority on merely the basis of skin pigmentation.
    2. It discriminates against those non-minorities who are better qualified than their minority counterparts, on the basis that the minority somehow deserves a job or position merely because they are a minority, and not based upon their qualifications or lack thereof.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •