Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 161

Thread: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

  1. #151
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

    Sotomayor didn't write ****. She was on a 3 judge panel that wrote everything.
    Exactly how much of the single paragraph did Sotomayor write then??? How much of the paragraph did the other two judges write???

    I'll be waiting for you to wiggle around on this one. Make it easy on everyone and admit you have no clue who wrote the opinion since no one signed it.

    We DO know that Sotomayor agreed with the findings of the single paragraph though don't we???

    By the way, the SCOTUS did agree with you on one thing....the Appeals Court ruling was **** !!

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    She really didn't get slapped across the face. Both sides went out of their way to avoid commenting on the panel's opinion.
    Stop defending a racist judge and her racist actions.

    I know you far right wingers have a huge issue with being told "no" but deal with it.

    Title VII was created to keep right wing business assholes in check. They are the ONLY people who do not like Title VII. The rest of the populace is protected by it or uneffected by it.

    As such, your statements lead me to believe you are a far right wing business owner who wants unchecked authority with which to rape, pilliage, lie, cheat, and steal.

  3. #153
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

    Quote Originally Posted by vader View Post
    stop defending a racist judge and her racist actions.

    I know you far right wingers have a huge issue with being told "no" but deal with it.

    Title vii was created to keep right wing business assholes in check. They are the only people who do not like title vii. The rest of the populace is protected by it or uneffected by it.

    As such, your statements lead me to believe you are a far right wing business owner who wants unchecked authority with which to rape, pilliage, lie, cheat, and steal.
    arrrrrrgggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!

    arrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    arrrrrrgggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!

    arrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dude?

    What the hell is your malfunction?


  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Dude?

    What the hell is your malfunction?

    No offense but that is all your posts amount to.

    They don't amount to logic, they amount to emotion.

    Hence the Arrgggh.

    Even I get that feeling from your posts. It is like you are trying to rage against the machine in each post and it doesn't make sense.

    I am not trying to be insulting, really, it just seems that way to me and obviously others.

  6. #156
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,544

    Re: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Yeah, she's have to recuse herself, and it would a tie, right?
    No, on both counts. She wouldn't be required to recuse herself; only judicial ethics would prompt her to do so.

    But if she did, she'd replace Souter, so the vote would have been 5-3.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #157
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No offense but that is all your posts amount to.

    They don't amount to logic, they amount to emotion.

    Hence the Arrgggh.

    Even I get that feeling from your posts. It is like you are trying to rage against the machine in each post and it doesn't make sense.

    I am not trying to be insulting, really, it just seems that way to me and obviously others.
    Exactamundo!

    This is what you do sir, you just ARRGG ARRRRRGG ARRRRRRGGGG like some sideshow freak with roid rage.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #158
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Exactly how much of the single paragraph did Sotomayor write then??? How much of the paragraph did the other two judges write???

    I'll be waiting for you to wiggle around on this one. Make it easy on everyone and admit you have no clue who wrote the opinion since no one signed it.
    That's the point. It's a bit foolish to impute the entire thing to Sotomayor since we have no idea who wrote what.

    We DO know that Sotomayor agreed with the findings of the single paragraph though don't we???
    Yes.

    By the way, the SCOTUS did agree with you on one thing....the Appeals Court ruling was **** !!
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Stop defending a racist judge and her racist actions.

    I know you far right wingers have a huge issue with being told "no" but deal with it.

    Title VII was created to keep right wing business assholes in check. They are the ONLY people who do not like Title VII. The rest of the populace is protected by it or uneffected by it.

    As such, your statements lead me to believe you are a far right wing business owner who wants unchecked authority with which to rape, pilliage, lie, cheat, and steal.
    I still don't understand - you're fiercely defending Title VII, but when Sotomayor tries to interpret it broadly, you call her a racist?

    Please advise. Or don't.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    I still don't understand - you're fiercely defending Title VII, but when Sotomayor tries to interpret it broadly, you call her a racist?
    Please advise. Or don't.
    Sotomayor applied it backwards --- and committed reverse discrimination when she did --- this is why I pointed out that he is a racist.

    Basically, Sotomayor said in her decision reverse racism is ok. That is NOT ok. She needs to be removed from the bench.

    We do not need old school racists on the bench. We do not need judicial activists either. Sotomayor is both. Therefore, she is not suitible to remain on the bench.

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Justices Rule for White Firefighters in Bias Case

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No offense but that is all your posts amount to.

    They don't amount to logic, they amount to emotion.

    Hence the Arrgggh.

    Even I get that feeling from your posts. It is like you are trying to rage against the machine in each post and it doesn't make sense.

    I am not trying to be insulting, really, it just seems that way to me and obviously others.
    It makes sense ... just not to you.

    For the record, yes, I am, raging against the machine. The machine sucks and needs an overhaul.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •