Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 87

Thread: Iran accuses CIA of killing protestor Neda

  1. #41
    Traditional
    hiswoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Last Seen
    04-04-13 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,051
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Iran accuses CIA of killing protestor Neda

    It surprises me that it took them this long to blame the U.S. for this specific act. NDNdancer is right. The shooter's I.D. was confiscated by some of the protesters and the truth has already been reported to the world. Iran's leaders are fooling themselves if they think their explanation is credible. The word FAIL comes to mind.

  2. #42
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Iran accuses CIA of killing protestor Neda

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Would that be the Jews or the Illuminati? Just what neo-nazi Islamo-fascist crap are you people peddling today?
    Ferris why couldn't you just wait until he brought up the 'Jews or the Illuminati " ? Oh it's done we are on that slippery slope of a conspiracy tobagan ride.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  3. #43
    Traditional
    hiswoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Last Seen
    04-04-13 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,051
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Iran accuses CIA of killing protestor Neda

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    btw: A haunting new movie - The Stoning of Soraya M. - is being released this weekend in cities across the United States. It tells the story of an Iranian woman who was brutalized by her husband, accused of adultry, and stoned to death. If you see this film... be prepared to be disturbed. In the approximately 20 minutes during which the graphic execution unfolds, the camera repeatedly returns to study the battered face and body of Soraya as she is stoned to death. Buried up to her waist in a hole dug for the occasion, she is pelted with rocks and profanity by the male villagers including her father, husband, and two sons, until she dies. In one of the disturbing scenes, Ali examines his wife’s crumpled blood-drenched body to make sure she is dead and discovers signs of life in a rolled-up eye. The stoning is promptly resumed. The film is a cinematic adaption of the 1994 best seller "The Stoning of Soraya M. - A True Story" by Paris based Iranian journalist Freidoune Sahebjam. I warn you in advance, this film is brutally extreme and powerful. Rated R.
    What a horrific way to die, physically speaking, and her story a tragedy in every sense of the word. Unfortunately, an all too common story in some parts of the world. It breaks my heart every time I hear of another life snuffed out in this way and under these circumstances.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Iran accuses CIA of killing protestor Neda

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Let's say that you don't and leave it that.

    Because if you did, talking about CIA wet ops on a discussion board strikes me as something of a career-limiting move. Possibly even a life-limiting move (not that the CIA would ever think to tamper with an aircraft about to be flown by a newly minted navy test pilot instructor).
    No they wouldn't the truth is this we don't have any Wet Operation be run by the CIA in the Middle East we leave that to OUR FRIENDS, the last time we did a Wet Operation in the Middle East it cost quite allot of folks their jobs.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Iran accuses CIA of killing protestor Neda

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    No they wouldn't the truth is this we don't have any Wet Operation be run by the CIA in the Middle East we leave that to OUR FRIENDS, the last time we did a Wet Operation in the Middle East it cost quite allot of folks their jobs.
    Correction:

    The last time a wet op was revealed in the Middle East people got fired.

    The nature of the successful wet op is that it is not public knowledge until long after the fact.

  6. #46
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,194

    Re: Iran accuses CIA of killing protestor Neda

    Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    Yeah...not so much. Your baseless assertions are useless without supporting arguments.
    Again you are wrong in calling this an 'assertion'.
    This isn't my opinion or anything, but rather, a pure and simple fact about Democracy.
    The fact that the concealed activities of intelligence agencies are not subject to popular control or democratic management is a reality, and the reason that previous government agencies thought it necessary to plan false-flag operations to deceive the American public.
    This intelligence agency is ruled by the government.
    During the elections in America, the people elect their representing candidate.
    Through the value of the "Majority rule", the American people are represented by that elected candidate and his administration.
    If we add the fact that the CIA is government controlled, we get to the simple fact that every 16 years old had learned about Democracy in high-school, that a Democratic government represents the people, and that the CIA is ruled by that democratic government, hence, represented by the people.

    You took this argument into irrelevant places with your "But only some individuals are aware of the agency's actions".
    That doesn't matter, it's government controlled.
    The people who make the actions are the people who represent the American people.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 06-29-09 at 03:53 AM.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: Iran accuses CIA of killing protestor Neda

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    The problem with Jim Wolf's book he doesn't go into the fact that it was JFK who ask the Penatgon to draw up Operation Northwood and that Operation Mongoose was a left over operation from Ike that JFK reviewed.
    I'm aware that Eisenhower had already initiated the planning of the campaign against Cuba to the extent that the Bay of Pigs invasion was already planned to a large extent. However, though Kennedy encouraged some of this planning to some degree, I believe he was responsible for the personal rejection of Operation Northwoods.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    I suggest you might want to go and read "The Secret History of the CIA' By Joseph J. Trento you ight find that allot of the items that Wolf talks about aren't exactly on the level.
    I haven't read Wolf's work except for that article. I just linked to that summary because it was a readily available source.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Also one other item to point out of those 1521 pages that the JFK assassination records review board released over 1/3 of them where black out and most of them were not even close to be in order most of them came from various parts of the records.
    Is any of that actually relevant to Operation Northwoods? Was any of the information about Operation Northwoods compromised or expunged from the record that was received?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Again you are wrong in calling this an 'assertion'.
    This isn't my opinion or anything, but rather, a pure and simple fact about Democracy.
    This intelligence agency is ruled by the government.
    During the elections in America, the people elect their representing candidate.
    Through the value of the "Majority rule", the American people are represented by that elected candidate and his administration.
    If we add the fact that the CIA is government controlled, we get to the simple fact that every 16 years old had learned about Democracy in high-school, that a Democratic government represents the people, and that the CIA is ruled by that democratic government, hence, represented by the people.

    You took this argument into irrelevant places with your "But only some individuals are aware of the agency's actions".
    That doesn't matter, it's government controlled.
    The people who make the actions are the people who represent the American people.
    This is a very primitive and simplistic assessment. It's a more accurate reality to note that top intelligence and military agencies are not subject to popular control, and the issue of specific operational strategies and tactics of heads of state are typically not issues considered during the campaign process, thus creating further detachment from public control. That's aside from the detachment from direct democratic control that centralized state government and republicanism generates anyway. Until you can address these issues, merely repeating that the CIA or any other similar agency is controlled by the government, which is in turn "controlled by the people," is irrelevant.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Iran accuses CIA of killing protestor Neda

    Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    I'm aware that Eisenhower had already initiated the planning of the campaign against Cuba to the extent that the Bay of Pigs invasion was already planned to a large extent. However, though Kennedy encouraged some of this planning to some degree, I believe he was responsible for the personal rejection of Operation Northwoods.



    I haven't read Wolf's work except for that article. I just linked to that summary because it was a readily available source.



    Is any of that actually relevant to Operation Northwoods? Was any of the information about Operation Northwoods compromised or expunged from the record that was received?



    This is a very primitive and simplistic assessment. It's a more accurate reality to note that top intelligence and military agencies are not subject to popular control, and the issue of specific operational strategies and tactics of heads of state are typically not issues considered during the campaign process, thus creating further detachment from public control. That's aside from the detachment from direct democratic control that centralized state government and republicanism generates anyway. Until you can address these issues, merely repeating that the CIA or any other similar agency is controlled by the government, which is in turn "controlled by the people," is irrelevant.
    Um CIA Agents are citizens of the U.S. as well and thus have a vested interest in the continuance of liberty.

  9. #49
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,194

    Re: Iran accuses CIA of killing protestor Neda

    Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    This is a very primitive and simplistic assessment. It's a more accurate reality to note that top intelligence and military agencies are not subject to popular control, and the issue of specific operational strategies and tactics of heads of state are typically not issues considered during the campaign process, thus creating further detachment from public control. That's aside from the detachment from direct democratic control that centralized state government and republicanism generates anyway. Until you can address these issues, merely repeating that the CIA or any other similar agency is controlled by the government, which is in turn "controlled by the people," is irrelevant.
    Again you resort to terms such as popular control and direct democracy.

    Popular control has not much to do with it, because I'm not speaking about the people's backing of the CIA, and rather on the CIA representing the People whether they agree with this agency's actions or not.

    Direct Democracy has not much to do with modern-age America, and with most of the Western world.
    Direct democracy is the term used to refer to the direct rule of the state by the people.
    For example, in ancient Greece the citizens were gathered in the Colosseum and were asked by the authorities how should the nation act.
    The Citizens would then stamp their foots on the ground if their answer is Yes, and that's how the citizens directly ruled the state.
    The only form of direct democracy that exists today is referendum, which is used mostly in Switzerland.

    Now back to the topic, the CIA is currently ruled by the government, that we can both agree on I assume, and if it is directly controlled by the government of America, that is indirectly controlled by the People of America through the forms of elections and the majority rule, then it is not a sin to assume that the CIA is indeed indirectly controlled by the People of America.

    I do not see why do you feel obligated to argue on a subject you show no knowledge of, but at least you're learning new things.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 06-29-09 at 05:07 AM.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: Iran accuses CIA of killing protestor Neda

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Um CIA Agents are citizens of the U.S. as well and thus have a vested interest in the continuance of liberty.
    Would the anti-democratic actions in which elements of the CIA have participated in be examples of that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Now back to the topic, the CIA is currently ruled by the government, that we can both agree on I assume, and if it is directly controlled by the government of America, that is indirectly controlled by the People of America through the forms of elections and the majority rule, then it is not a sin to assume that the CIA is indeed indirectly controlled by the People of America.
    Again, you engage in mere repetition. I see I'm going to have to educate you as to argument format, unfortunately. You state Point A. I rebut Point A. At that point, you don't merely repeat Point A; you issue a response to my rebuttal of Point A. That's unfortunately not been the format you've chosen to follow.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •