Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 114

Thread: Iran: Night Raids Terrorize Civilians

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Iran: Night Raids Terrorize Civilians

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    If the PEOPLE, which are required for a succesfull revolution, aren't willing to perform a revolution themselves then what makes you think they will be able to uphold and maintain power after a forced revolution?

    How has forced revolution worked for us in the past? Vietnam? Iraq?
    Hmm so I guess you missed this little item but if it wasn't for the French providing the Continental Army arms and Soldier ten we Americans would still be subjects of Great Britain.

  2. #82
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,210

    Re: Iran: Night Raids Terrorize Civilians

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I'm not being nasty to Israel, i'm just saying what i believe is true. I have rarely heard our PM ever say something positive about Israel or express support. Half the time UK's leader is condemning something Israel has done so how am i supposed to know we was apparentley allies?
    Gordon Brown in Israel: A revealing visit | The Economist
    Gordon Brown promises backing for Israel in face of Iran nuclear threat | World news | guardian.co.uk

    Israel and the US are BFF, but that doesn't mean Israel has no other friends.
    In fact, all of Western Europe is allied with Israel,(Well, with the exception of Switzerland being neutral) with France and Czech-Republic being the most outspoken pro-Israeli nations in Europe, and Britain just after them.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  3. #83
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Iran: Night Raids Terrorize Civilians

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Hmm so I guess you missed this little item but if it wasn't for the French providing the Continental Army arms and Soldier ten we Americans would still be subjects of Great Britain.
    Bad move, dude. The French did not do that until after Saratoga. They waited to make sure they were backing a winning horse.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Iran: Night Raids Terrorize Civilians

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Gordon Brown in Israel: A revealing visit | The Economist
    Gordon Brown promises backing for Israel in face of Iran nuclear threat | World news | guardian.co.uk

    Israel and the US are BFF, but that doesn't mean Israel has no other friends.
    In fact, all of Western Europe is allied with Israel,(Well, with the exception of Switzerland being neutral) with France and Czech-Republic being the most outspoken pro-Israeli nations in Europe, and Britain just after them.
    Jeez ...
    I didn't even know Brown has been Israel to pledge support.
    BBC is slacking in its work

    Western Europe is highly critical of Israel, Europe as a whole rarely ever do a statement in support of Israel. Infact Europe has refused to upgrade Israel economically and have backed the two state solution and an end to all settlements.
    No offence but i did think US was only Israel's allies. I didn't think any other country in this world would defend Israel like US does or help Israel at its own expense.
    Maybe Ethiopia, but you know. They are a joke so they don't really count.

    I'll admit i'm wrong.
    It appears Israel is on the list of UK's allies.


  5. #85
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,210

    Re: Iran: Night Raids Terrorize Civilians

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Western Europe is highly critical of Israel, Europe as a whole rarely ever do a statement in support of Israel. Infact Europe has refused to upgrade Israel economically
    You are speaking about the EU here.
    They are absolutely anti-Israel, and a bunch of poopie-heads when it comes to foreign relations.
    and have backed the two state solution and an end to all settlements.
    The US did that too.
    No offence but i did think US was only Israel's allies. I didn't think any other country in this world would defend Israel like US does or help Israel at its own expense.
    No, there's no other country that shares the relation the US has with Israel.
    But Israel has many allies, some because of shared interests and some because of military relations.
    For example, Israel has a close relation with India, because it is its no. 1 military exporter.
    Same goes for Georgia, and there are many more.
    [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_relations_of_Israel[/ame]
    Maybe Ethiopia, but you know. They are a joke so they don't really count.
    How kind of you to say so.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 06-27-09 at 04:35 PM.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  6. #86
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Iran: Night Raids Terrorize Civilians

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    You are speaking about the EU here.
    They are absolutely anti-Israel, and a bunch of poopie-heads when it comes to foreign relations.
    The US did that too.
    Oh ...
    I think that is where i got myself confused
    If the Lisbon treaty comes into force which it will, Israel will probably be no longer able to single out countries as allies as now Europe will be under only one spokeperson [God help us all when that occurs] and some decisions made on a majority vote

    No, there's no other country that shares the relation the US has with Israel.
    But Israel has many allies, some because of shared interests and some because of military relations.
    Turkey has military relations.
    But would you call it an ally?

    It depends on what you think an ally should do or is.

    How kind of you to say so.
    Sorry, It wasn't meant to be an insult. Just that ... they are not that powerful and are tied up with their neighbours to be of any use.


  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Iran: Night Raids Terrorize Civilians

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Bad move, dude. The French did not do that until after Saratoga. They waited to make sure they were backing a winning horse.
    No not really I was pointing out with out the help of the French the United State would have never become what it has. Also one little point your correct on Saratoga but that was when the French committed troops prior to that they had been providing CA with Guns and Canons and some ships.

  8. #88
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,210

    Re: Iran: Night Raids Terrorize Civilians

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Oh ...
    I think that is where i got myself confused
    If the Lisbon treaty comes into force which it will, Israel will probably be no longer able to single out countries as allies as now Europe will be under only one spokeperson [God help us all when that occurs] and some decisions made on a majority vote
    Not worried as I don't see this happening soon.
    Turkey has military relations.
    But would you call it an ally?

    It depends on what you think an ally should do or is.
    Turkey is an ally.
    Their current PM is a populist douche who tried to satisfy the angry Turks in his nation by smearing Israel, but this was forgotten by now.
    Israelis make a big part of Turkey's tourism income.
    Sorry, It wasn't meant to be an insult. Just that ... they are not that powerful and are tied up with their neighbours to be of any use.
    So'z Micronesia.
    But both nations have a voice in the UN and both nations are the most pro-Israeli nations in the world. (Together with the US, and especially Micronesia.)
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  9. #89
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Iran: Night Raids Terrorize Civilians

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Not worried as I don't see this happening soon.

    But both nations have a voice in the UN and both nations are the most pro-Israeli nations in the world. (Together with the US, and especially Micronesia.)
    Lets not fool ourselves.
    I wish it wasn't happening but Ireland will accept it in the next referedum this year ...

    I have never heard of Micronesia, i learn new things every day
    But arguably, no country matters in UN as much as the 5 who hold veto


  10. #90
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,210

    Re: Iran: Night Raids Terrorize Civilians

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Lets not fool ourselves.
    I wish it wasn't happening but Ireland will accept it in the next referedum this year ...
    The EU might change its foreign relations policy until it happens. (If it ever happens)
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •