Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75

Thread: US will not use force to inspect N. Korean ship

  1. #1
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    77,909

    US will not use force to inspect N. Korean ship

    PBO really showed them. I bet the NK's are really skeered now.

    SEOUL, South Korea The United States will not use force to inspect a North Korean ship suspected of carrying banned goods, an American official was quoted as saying Friday.

    An American destroyer has been shadowing the North Korean freighter sailing off China's coast, possibly on its way to Myanmar.

    US will not use force to inspect NKorean ship - Yahoo! News
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #2
    Student Democrat4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    06-26-10 @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    194

    Re: US will not use force to inspect N. Korean ship

    Again, as I attempted to explain to Triad. Avoiding conflict.

    You are not a part of the CIA, Homland Security department, or the Departmnet of Defense (or at least not to my knowledge) and you don't know if new intelligence has surfaced that it is just rice. So before you start going on Triads rant about Obama being a wuss, wait for all the facts. Or at least give the benefit of the doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by President Barack Hussein Obama's Inaugural Address
    Today I say to you that the challenges we face are real. They are serious and they are many. They will not be met easily or in a short span of time. But know this, America they will be met.
    If I don't got it, you don't got it, got it?

  3. #3
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    77,909

    Re: US will not use force to inspect N. Korean ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Democrat4life View Post
    Again, as I attempted to explain to Triad. Avoiding conflict.

    You are not a part of the CIA, Homland Security department, or the Departmnet of Defense (or at least not to my knowledge) and you don't know if new intelligence has surfaced that it is just rice. So before you start going on Triads rant about Obama being a wuss, wait for all the facts. Or at least give the benefit of the doubt.
    Why not just say that intel has proven that their cargo is, "just rice"? Wouldn't that quiet the claims of being a wuss?

    Something like, "we have solid intel that the ship's cargo is just rice, therefore we're not going to push an international incident to inspect the vessel, on account of a load of rice".

    Instead, they say, "we're going to avoid conflict because someone might get made and someone might get hurt".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #4
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    11-30-09 @ 04:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    446

    Re: US will not use force to inspect N. Korean ship

    Man you really want us to go to war don't you? Do you have some insecurity problems? We already know we're stronger than North Korea. We don't need to bully them to prove that. North Korea's a moquito buzzing in our ear. Do you want them to become a mosquito dropping bombs all over the place? Sure we shut them up but at what cost?

    Do you even think before you type?

  5. #5
    Professor
    OxymoronP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heart in Brooklyn, body South of Dixie
    Last Seen
    08-23-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: US will not use force to inspect N. Korean ship

    JUST RICE??? From N Korea where there are food shortages?


    THE GREATEST FREEDOM IS THE FREEDOM TO OPPRESS OTHERS

  6. #6
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    01-13-18 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,547

    Re: US will not use force to inspect N. Korean ship

    Mere theatre of the absurd.
    Thank you

  7. #7
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,825

    Re: US will not use force to inspect N. Korean ship

    Quote Originally Posted by OxymoronP View Post
    JUST RICE??? From N Korea where there are food shortages?
    Not to disagree with your point, but what makes you think the NK leadership wouldn't stoop to selling rice while their people starve?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #8
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    77,909

    Re: US will not use force to inspect N. Korean ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke[MaxX] View Post
    Man you really want us to go to war don't you? Do you have some insecurity problems? We already know we're stronger than North Korea. We don't need to bully them to prove that. North Korea's a moquito buzzing in our ear. Do you want them to become a mosquito dropping bombs all over the place? Sure we shut them up but at what cost?

    Do you even think before you type?

    WE know we're stronger than Nk, but we should drive that point home to the NK's. They seem bent on testing how far we're willing to go to exert that strength. At what cost do we, "avoid conflict"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #9
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: US will not use force to inspect N. Korean ship

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    WE know we're stronger than Nk, but we should drive that point home to the NK's.
    I'm sure they're well aware of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst
    They seem bent on testing how far we're willing to go to exert that strength.
    They are undergoing a leadership transition. Much of the belligerent rhetoric in recent months can be attributed to that. Once they sort that out, North Korea will likely calm down somewhat.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst
    At what cost do we, "avoid conflict"?
    I don't know. But a load of missiles to Burma isn't enough. Will this load of missiles have the slightest impact on American national security? Of course not.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 06-26-09 at 09:12 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  10. #10
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    77,909

    Re: US will not use force to inspect N. Korean ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    I'm sure they're well aware of that.



    I don't know. But a load of missiles to Burma isn't enough. Will this load of missiles have the slightest impact on American national security? Of course not.
    Wow! Sounds alot like the argument used to stay out of WW2. Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •