Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

  1. #21
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    It's theoretically possible for a conservative republican to get elected to a public office there -Hell, we've even got one or two here in Chicago- but it's still fairly safe to make the assumption.
    I think Michigan will be in play for both sides after this administration/congress are done, the state is run by nothing but liberals and the news hitting them is that the most liberal areas, Cali, New York, Michigan, are all hurting the worst, I don't see that as a guarantee, but I do see a slight shift in Wolverine country.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #22
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    What is so odd?



    That these council people are unkown about thier stances before you vote for em.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #23
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,457
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    That these council people are unkown about thier stances before you vote for em.
    That is not odd to me. If their resume looks good, why not vote for them?

    Our curent mayor got in because he was a very shrewd businessman, not because he hugged trees or was anti-abortion.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  4. #24
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    That is not odd to me. If their resume looks good, why not vote for them?

    Our curent mayor got in because he was a very shrewd businessman, not because he hugged trees or was anti-abortion.



    Your mayor how did he campaign? How many canidates do you have and no parties put the canidates forth?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #25
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,457
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Your mayor how did he campaign? How many canidates do you have and no parties put the canidates forth?
    Anyone can decide to run, I presume. They campaign based-on issues important to the city. Our current mayor campaigned on promises to reduce taxes and run a tighter ship. That's what got him voted in. I don't feel any of them need a party to represent them.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  6. #26
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,326
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So he sets up the strawman, you knock it down?



    The point was that the US media has a habit of forgetting to mention certain politicians are democrats when a scandal breaks out, but will state up front when its a republican.



    STRAWMAN FAIL!
    So FOX news is not part of the US media? The have a habit of misrepresenting parties. Why do we have to play these partisan games? Just once Rev, can you not try and turn everything into a partisan fight?

    Detroit seems to be trying to surpass Chicago for most corrupt city in the country. They had a huge scandal that ended up with the mayor in prison not long ago as well(before you ask, yes he was a democrat).

  7. #27
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,326
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I think Michigan will be in play for both sides after this administration/congress are done, the state is run by nothing but liberals and the news hitting them is that the most liberal areas, Cali, New York, Michigan, are all hurting the worst, I don't see that as a guarantee, but I do see a slight shift in Wolverine country.
    That is not accurate. State house is democrat controlled, state senate is republican controlled.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    thats kinda odd.
    Not that odd.

    I have no idea personally who my councillors are ... i think a few of them are tories but it's beyond me to know what they stand for.


  9. #29
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So FOX news is not part of the US media? The have a habit of misrepresenting parties. Why do we have to play these partisan games? Just once Rev, can you not try and turn everything into a partisan fight?

    Detroit seems to be trying to surpass Chicago for most corrupt city in the country. They had a huge scandal that ended up with the mayor in prison not long ago as well(before you ask, yes he was a democrat).


    So does the AP,


    MSNBC, and many other outlets as I had proved tends to only put (R)'s in scandals and ommits the (D) when its them.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #30
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,326
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So does the AP,


    MSNBC, and many other outlets as I had proved tends to only put (R)'s in scandals and ommits the (D) when its them.
    And FOX tends to misrepresent party affiliation of republicans caught in a scandal. Now that we have the partisan hackery done, can we talk about the actual topic?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •