Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

  1. #11
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I didn't know that American city-level politicians belonged to a party. That is not the case here in Canada.


    Really?

    They seem to here:

    Orlans Online | Local News
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  2. #12
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by DasTrnegras View Post
    It's stupid and foolish to believe that because one member of a group acts one way, that all members of that group will act the same way, as Reverend_Hellhound seems to be implying.



    What do you think I am implying?


    How did you arrive at this?
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  3. #13
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke[MaxX] View Post
    Eh, it's okay. Democrats get to play the "all Republicans are closet homosexuals in public bathrooms while also having affairs but also protecting the sanctity of marriage" card.


    So he sets up the strawman, you knock it down?



    The point was that the US media has a habit of forgetting to mention certain politicians are democrats when a scandal breaks out, but will state up front when its a republican.



    STRAWMAN FAIL!
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  4. #14
    Tavern Bartender
    Mating season! WooHoo!
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,114
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Really?

    They seem to here:

    Orlans Online | Local News
    Our city councellors do not have a party. Areas have both provincial and federal representation, but they don't run the city.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  5. #15
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Our city councellors do not have a party. Areas have both provincial and federal representation, but they don't run the city.



    Ahh. Are they considered "liberal" or "conservative" how do you know what these numnutz stand for?
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  6. #16
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    11-30-09 @ 03:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    446

    Re: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So he sets up the strawman, you knock it down?



    The point was that the US media has a habit of forgetting to mention certain politicians are democrats when a scandal breaks out, but will state up front when its a republican.



    STRAWMAN FAIL!
    There's a pretty big difference. Republicans are more likely to be morally conscious. They're more likely to be accusatory. Democrats want to raise taxes. They want to increase pork. They want all these earmarks on their bills.

    Thus, it should be a little bit more surprising when a Republican of the "moral party" has an affair (or apparently is a homosexual). It should be a bit more surprising when a Republican gets caught accepting money from a corporation.

    But tell you what, Time to !
    "Oh no! The RIGHT-WING media always assumes that the average politician convicted of corruption is a Democrat! The bias is so clear that they don't even bother putting the D- by their name!"

  7. #17
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke[MaxX] View Post
    There's a pretty big difference. Republicans are more likely to be morally conscious. They're more likely to be accusatory. Democrats want to raise taxes. They want to increase pork. They want all these earmarks on their bills.
    I love this. So Liberals are less likley to care about morals or being moral so it excuses them?


    It's a joke when some lefty tries to tie the whole republican party to the sins of one of its members.

    Its a week pathetic argument.

    Thus, it should be a little bit more surprising when a Republican of the "moral party" has an affair (or apparently is a homosexual). It should be a bit more surprising when a Republican gets caught accepting money from a corporation.

    But tell you what, Time to !
    "Oh no! The RIGHT-WING media always assumes that the average politician convicted of corruption is a Democrat! The bias is so clear that they don't even bother putting the D- by their name!"[/QUOTE]


    Nonsense. utter nonsense. a simple intellectually lacking argument to attack an entire party for the actions of one member, and make the excuse that your party its ok, cause you dont have morals.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  8. #18
    Tavern Bartender
    Mating season! WooHoo!
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,114
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Ahh. Are they considered "liberal" or "conservative" how do you know what these numnutz stand for?
    I dunno. I guess they enter politics by doing volunteer work, being involved in city projects, or their prior profession/expertise. They probably get labeled lib or con based-on how they vote on issues. Bottom line, they all pretty much suck... especially in my city.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  9. #19
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I dunno. I guess they enter politics by doing volunteer work, being involved in city projects, or their prior profession/expertise. They probably get labeled lib or con based-on how they vote on issues. Bottom line, they all pretty much suck... especially in my city.



    thats kinda odd.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  10. #20
    Tavern Bartender
    Mating season! WooHoo!
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,114
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    thats kinda odd.

    What is so odd?
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •