Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 162

Thread: Obama discusses deathbed measures

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama discusses deathbed measures

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    If you dig up some sources that support you on this and learn to convey it in a balanced manner, you might actually end up convincing people of your view.
    So, what's with your crutch about sources? Because you're incapable of deriving logical conclusions from observed facts, you don't believe anyone can do it, except those persons who post it on some OTHER website?

    You could try looking at the world around you and realize that the purpose of socialism in the minds of the controlling elites is the handy way it cons the masses into consolidating power that shouldn't be consolidated into the hands of those very elites you wouldn't trust to water your lawn in a rainstorm.

  2. #152
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Obama discusses deathbed measures

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    So, what's with your crutch about sources?
    "I just don't get this guy's obsession with 'facts'."

    Because you're incapable of deriving logical conclusions from observed facts, you don't believe anyone can do it, except those persons who post it on some OTHER website?
    It's primarily because I have no faith in your capability to derive logical conclusions from observed facts. There are plenty of posters here who I wouldn't feel the need to ask for sources. You don't happen to be one of them.

    You could try looking at the world around you and realize that the purpose of socialism in the minds of the controlling elites is the handy way it cons the masses into consolidating power that shouldn't be consolidated into the hands of those very elites you wouldn't trust to water your lawn in a rainstorm.
    How exactly does that demonstrate the macroeconomic effect of a market segment monopsony?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #153
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Obama discusses deathbed measures

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    So, what's with your crutch about sources? Because you're incapable of deriving logical conclusions from observed facts, you don't believe anyone can do it, except those persons who post it on some OTHER website?

    You could try looking at the world around you and realize that the purpose of socialism in the minds of the controlling elites is the handy way it cons the masses into consolidating power that shouldn't be consolidated into the hands of those very elites you wouldn't trust to water your lawn in a rainstorm.
    You've tried this before. Absent of sources, you claim that your logic prevails. Problem is, I've yet to see logic from you. Your conclusions are error-prone and show an inaccurate conclusion based on an absence of logic. Your "bookmark" points are absurd. There are plenty of things that are law that are not in the Constitution, and you "slippery slope" argument that private heathcare will be eliminated is nothing more than standard inaccurate scare tactics.

    Until you can offer either evidence or logic for your positions, your positions are irrelevant.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #154
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Obama discusses deathbed measures

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Misleading. In a perfect world, single payer would be preferable. In the real world, it would not be. You have so much trouble with context.



    Actually I think you do.


    Organizing for America | BarackObama.com


    What he is saying, is that he knows he can't get one.



    I did not realize Canada was a "perfect world"....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #155
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama discusses deathbed measures

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Actually I think you do.


    Organizing for America | BarackObama.com


    What he is saying, is that he knows he can't get one.



    I did not realize Canada was a "perfect world"....
    Close, but not quite. If he was building a health care plan from the ground up, single player would be the way to go to his mind. Since this is not the case, something else is the way to go.

    By the way, I did not claim, nor has Obama, that Canada is a perfect world, or that their health care system is perfect. Why do you keep having to change peoples meanings?

  6. #156
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Obama discusses deathbed measures

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Close, but not quite. If he was building a health care plan from the ground up, single player would be the way to go to his mind. Since this is not the case, something else is the way to go.

    By the way, I did not claim, nor has Obama, that Canada is a perfect world, or that their health care system is perfect. Why do you keep having to change peoples meanings?


    Relax, its simply using literal views of what you post for levety. I do not think anyone could think Canada, America's hat, is the "perfect world."
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama discusses deathbed measures

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Read the words that I posted, then try again.

    How would you have no choice in Obama's system? Is he proposing to ban all private doctors?

    I'm not advocating for national health care. I think it's a ****ty idea. However, your arguments against it are just plain terrible.
    .....because you say so.

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama discusses deathbed measures

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    From that source:

    Important to tell the whole story Rev, not just the part handy for you hyper-partisan right wing types.
    Does anyone here actually THINK that private insurance will successfully compete with a Government subsidized program; HONESTLY?

    Good lord, do we have to SPELL it out for everyone because they are so desperate to believe that this new change which is gradually destroying any job creation capability of this economy has been a GOOD idea?

    Let me sum up what we have so far:

    3.5 million Jobs lost since the beginning of the year.

    A $1.7 trillion budget deficit.

    NEGATIVE 5.5% GDP.

    Over $11 trillion in national debt.

    And through all this, we see the morons infesting our Congress trying to pass more job killing legislation like Cap and Trade and Government provided healthcare without ONE SINGLE HONEST DEBATE ABOUT HOW TO PAY FOR IT ALL.

    Yep, this is the CHANGE we can all believe in all right.

    The only REAL irony left in this Liberal group think is the claim that Bush was a BIG spending Liberal; hell, he looks like a penny pinching Uncle Scrooge compared to Obama!

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama discusses deathbed measures

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You've tried this before. Absent of sources, you claim that your logic prevails. Problem is, I've yet to see logic from you. Your conclusions are error-prone and show an inaccurate conclusion based on an absence of logic. Your "bookmark" points are absurd. There are plenty of things that are law that are not in the Constitution, and you "slippery slope" argument that private heathcare will be eliminated is nothing more than standard inaccurate scare tactics.

    Until you can offer either evidence or logic for your positions, your positions are irrelevant.
    There you have it folks; Captain Courtesy has now declared himself the “relevance” cop and has declared Akbar's opinions and posts as being irrelevant; aside from the fact that it is merely more of the same example of disingenuous selective outrage that is so familiar with those on the Liberal left. This is another one of those "because I say so".

    It begs the question; what is evidential or logical about your personal insults towards Akbar?

  10. #160
    Traditional
    hiswoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Last Seen
    04-04-13 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,051
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Obama discusses deathbed measures

    Quote Originally Posted by Democrat4life View Post
    Well why should we spend hundreds of thousand of dollars to get a 97 year old a heart transplant for them to die of natural causes in two years?! What benefit does a 97 year old give society? They live off social security and use our tax money for their health care with medicare and all that nonsense.
    I think I'm gonna be sick

    Talk about blatant ageism.

    First off, in the the heart transplant scenario you mentioned, there's a good chance the 97 year old would be disqualified for surgery because of other health conditions that would make general anesthesia dangerous. But suppose that person is healthy enough to undergo transplant surgery and a donor heart is found? If that person and their family deem the benefits greater than the risks of the procedure, who the hell is anyone to say they're not deserving of their right to live if that treatment would save their life? That donor heart isn't going to do anyone else any good if it doesn't match another recipient on the transplant list or if the other match can't be cleared for the procedure.

    You suggest that the elderly are parasites living off the rest of us. It's a damn good thing your parents and grandparents didn't feel that way about their own children. Those people have contributed to society all their lives, and now just because their bodies are wearing out, some people want to throw them away like so much garbage. What a selfish, ungrateful attitude! You say that the elderly aren't worth saving; that they aren't important enough because they don't contribute to society. I suggest asking those whose lives were touched by the good that these people have done over the years how important they think that person is.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •