Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

  1. #21
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The OP indicates that there's a problem beyond that one school. It proves that across the country it's OK to hold a mock war crimes trial for the sitting president in a HS, but a teacher dare not, "pick on Obama", or risk losing his career.
    You are exaggerating. You can make your point much better by clearly showing numbers that indicate that Obama is getting more fair treatment in schools than Bush did.

  2. #22
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

    You are exaggerating. You can make your point much better by clearly showing numbers that indicate that Obama is getting more fair treatment in schools than Bush did.
    I'm not exxagerating anything. It's as simple as this: Bush was put oin trial for non-existant war crimes and a teacher is fired because he was, "Picking on Obama". Can you imagine the reaction if PBO were tried in a mock trial for his connections to Bill Ayers?

  3. #23
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Maybe the Liberals should stop treating our education system like an indoctrination camp. Leave their politics at home, where they belong and teach the 4 R's. That's just me.
    To be fair, if this conservative wasn't bringing his politics to the classroom, he would have televised the historical even that was occuring during his class time seeing as he was an American History and government teacher.

    What more perfect tool exists for this classroom than experiencing these things first hand?

    So the argument that liberals should leave their politics at home is equally valid in an argument against this particular teacher. There was no legitimate reason outside of his personal politics to deny the chance for these children to witness this event.

    Just sayin', if you want to paint things with a broad brush, don't miss any spots.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #24
    Advisor TheHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-17-13 @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    551

    Re: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

    Glad to see he got his job back.

    Now, lets dig really, really deep to figure out why conservative teachers are being blacklisted like this in the 1st place.

    Somebody else needs to have their ass fired for firing the guy based on political grounds.

    If not, then this whole exercise of firing and re-hiring the guy is pointless. The root cause needs to be uprooted. And please dont say its a "process mistake". If it were a process mistake, then that is even worse b/c it allows to fire people based on political preference, in which case that opens even a larger can of horsecrap.

  5. #25
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I disagree, but we'll see. We can use the number of teacher terminations as a barometer.
    You seem only interested in demonizing Liberals rather than looking at the quite similar problems that Conservatives have. Both sides are full of ****.

    Have you read the book?
    No, I haven't, nor do I have an interest to. But I've seen his Fox News show and heard his radio show. I'm willing to bet that the book is no different.

  6. #26
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm not exxagerating anything. It's as simple as this: Bush was put oin trial for non-existant war crimes and a teacher is fired because he was, "Picking on Obama". Can you imagine the reaction if PBO were tried in a mock trial for his connections to Bill Ayers?
    You need to go back and read the linked article. Nowhere does it claim he was fired for "picking on Obama". One student made that claim, but that is not given as a reason for his firing. Further, two examples across the country does not make for a trend.

  7. #27
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

    So the argument that liberals should leave their politics at home is equally valid in an argument against this particular teacher.
    I agree 100%.

  8. #28
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
    Glad to see he got his job back.

    Now, lets dig really, really deep to figure out why conservative teachers are being blacklisted like this in the 1st place.

    Somebody else needs to have their ass fired for firing the guy based on political grounds.

    If not, then this whole exercise of firing and re-hiring the guy is pointless. The root cause needs to be uprooted. And please dont say its a "process mistake". If it were a process mistake, then that is even worse b/c it allows to fire people based on political preference, in which case that opens even a larger can of horsecrap.
    And I will ask you the same thing: you have some evidence that conservative teachers are being blacklisted?

  9. #29
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
    Glad to see he got his job back.

    Now, lets dig really, really deep to figure out why conservative teachers are being blacklisted like this in the 1st place.

    Somebody else needs to have their ass fired for firing the guy based on political grounds.

    If not, then this whole exercise of firing and re-hiring the guy is pointless. The root cause needs to be uprooted. And please dont say its a "process mistake". If it were a process mistake, then that is even worse b/c it allows to fire people based on political preference, in which case that opens even a larger can of horsecrap.
    100% in agreement. Whoever was responsible for this firing should lose their job.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #30
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I agree 100%.
    Just curious, if you agree why did you say "Liberals" instead of "teachers"?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •