Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

  1. #11
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not nearly as much, no. I'm sure PBO is getting a much fairer representation from Conservative teachers than Bush got from Liberal teachers.
    Any evidence to back up that claim?

  2. #12
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,514

    Re: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

    Any evidence to back up that claim?
    Can I prove a negative? No, I can't. Any evidence to prove me wrong? Evidence in the form that there are Conservative teachers that are turning our schools into political re-education camps.

  3. #13
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not nearly as much, no. I'm sure PBO is getting a much fairer representation from Conservative teachers than Bush got from Liberal teachers.
    Which makes sense considering that Bush was in power at the time. I'm willing to bet more of these types of cases involving Conservative teachers will rise up because Obama, a Liberal, is in power.

    What's wrong with that? It's not like it's Mein Kampf, or something. Perhaps a Liberal book for kids should be on the same reading list? Oh, wait, there aren't any.
    It has a political slant to it. I would certainly call that indoctrination. If O'Reilly weren't a political commentator and an actual journalist who offered facts it would be one thing, but he's not. It would be no different than making kids read a book by Al Franken or Rachel Maddow.

    Kids immitate their environment. Making your politics known to grade school kids is the same was indoctrinating them.
    I don't think this guy was an elementary school teacher. I think that it's okay to teach the basic structure of politics at a grade school level.

  4. #14
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Can I prove a negative? No, I can't. Any evidence to prove me wrong? Evidence in the form that there are Conservative teachers that are turning our schools into political re-education camps.
    That was not a negative. You claimed that President Obama is getting fairer treatment than President Bush got.

  5. #15
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,514

    Re: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

    Which makes sense considering that Bush was in power at the time. I'm willing to bet more of these types of cases involving Conservative teachers will rise up because Obama, a Liberal, is in power.
    I disagree, but we'll see. We can use the number of teacher terminations as a barometer.

    If O'Reilly weren't a political commentator and an actual journalist who offered facts it would be one thing, but he's not.
    Have you read the book?

    I don't think this guy was an elementary school teacher. I think that it's okay to teach the basic structure of politics at a grade school level.
    The basic structure of government, yes, but not politics. There is no basic structure of politics. That's one of those ****ed up webs we weave...LOL!

  6. #16
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    It would be no different than making kids read a book by Al Franken or Rachel Maddow.
    At least Al Franken is entertaining. Maddow would be something to use as a punishment.

  7. #17
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,514

    Re: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

    My bad Redress, I wasn't reading carefully enough.

    To answer your question: has PBO been tried for war crimes in a high school yet? How would you feel if HS students held a mock corruption trial of PBO's corrupt connections? Be honest.

    N.J. High Schoolers Try Bush for 'War Crimes'
    Friday, March 03, 2006

    E-Mail Print Share:

    TRENTON, N.J. ( — A mock war crimes trial of President George W. Bush at a Parsippany high school continued Friday, despite criticism from people across the nation who heard about the classroom exercise from a prominent Web site and talk-radio programs.

    Parsippany-Troy Hills School District interim superintendent James Dwyer said the hearing in the 12th grade politics and government class would continue, but a verdict by a five-teacher "international court of justice" panel would not be rendered as originally planned.

    Speaking after a two-hour meeting with school board president, the high school principal and a curriculum superintendent, Dwyer said Friday the project was in keeping with the district's curriculum and had received prior administrative approval.

    The class is an advanced placement elective, he said, and the lesson explores current events and foreign policy in an interactive way.

    "The focus is on the process itself, not on any outcome," Dwyer said.

    Phone messages left at Parsippany High School for the course's instructor, Joseph Kyle, were not immediately returned Friday. Dwyer said Kyle has taught with the district for eight years.

    Dwyer said he and the school's principal have received more than two dozen e-mails and phone calls about the course since the Web site "The Drudge Report" linked to a newspaper article about the class. Talk-radio programs also apparently have discussed the course, Dwyer said, and listeners contacting the district were 10-1 against allowing the mock hearing.

    But students involved in the project, which began Monday after several weeks of research, said the decision to hold a trial over Bush's alleged "crimes against civilian populations" and "inhumane treatment of prisoners" was agreed upon by all 27 classmates.

    Catherine Galdun, one of the student prosecutors, told the Daily Record of Parsippany for Friday's newspapers that she would have been upset had the trial been halted.

    "I would say that we're doing this in a fair and balanced way," said Galdun, 18. "We're looking at both sides of it. If (critics) don't believe that's right to do in a classroom — to debate both sides of an issue — I don't agree with that."

    Township Council Vice President James Vigilante, a U.S. Air Force reservist, said he could see both sides. "I'm a Bush fan. I don't necessarily, myself, agree with the lesson plan, but on the flip side, I wouldn't condemn the teacher," he told the newspaper.

    Vigilante, a Republican, added, "For me, it's the right of free speech."

    The mock-hearing is expected to conclude next week. Parsippany, a community of about 28,000, is 30 miles west of New York.

    FOXNews.com - N.J. High Schoolers Try Bush for 'War Crimes' - U.S. & World

  8. #18
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,514

    Re: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

    At least Al Franken is entertaining.
    Now, that is something to debate!...LOL!!!

  9. #19
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    My bad Redress, I wasn't reading carefully enough.

    To answer your question: has PBO been tried for war crimes in a high school yet? How would you feel if HS students held a mock corruption trial of PBO's corrupt connections? Be honest.
    That is one example in one school, and does not indicate a problem beyond that one school.

    While I think it was a poor thing to do, I like the concept in some ways. I think it would be better done with an event not current though.

  10. #20
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,514

    Re: Kansas Teacher With Conservative Views Gets Job Back

    That is one example in one school, and does not indicate a problem beyond that one school.
    The OP indicates that there's a problem beyond that one school. It proves that across the country it's OK to hold a mock war crimes trial for the sitting president in a HS, but a teacher dare not, "pick on Obama", or risk losing his career.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •