Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 72

Thread: Palin reimburses Alaska $8K for 19 family trips

  1. #51
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Palin reimburses Alaska $8K for 19 family trips

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    Only among the really ignorant ones. Igloos are a Canadian architectural phenomenon, not traditionally found in Alaska.

    Carry on.
    Before you go off quarter cocked and run your mouth about any of my friends being ignorant maybe you need to get informed.

    The name igloo is derived from Inuit. The Inuits lived and traveled in what is now Alaska and Canada and they didn't know or care if they were in the future land of the Igloo Girl or Yukon.

    Thanks to Al Gore you will have severe dificulty in finding any fossil evidence of Igloo since good ol Al's global warming will was your evidence down the drain so how are you going to prove that igloos were only built in Canada as you claim.


    "The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition | 2008 | The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition. Copyright 2008 Columbia University Press. (Hide copyright information) Copyright
    igloo [Inuit,=house]. The Eskimos traditionally had three types of houses. A summer house, which was basically a tent, a winter house, which was usually partially dug into the ground and covered with earth; and a snow or ice house. The latter was a dome-shaped dwelling constructed of blocks of snow placed in an ascending spiral with a low tunnel entrance. Although it can provide adequate protection for weeks in severe cold, it was used almost exclusively as a temporary shelter while traveling.
    ...

    "igloo [Inuit,=house]. The Eskimos traditionally had three types of houses. A summer house, which was basically a tent, a winter house, which was usually partially dug into the ground and covered with earth; and a snow or ice house. The latter was a dome-shaped dwelling constructed of blocks of snow placed in an ascending spiral with a low tunnel entrance. Although it can provide adequate protection for weeks in severe cold, it was used almost exclusively as a temporary shelter while traveling.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin reimburses Alaska $8K for 19 family trips

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    Before you go off quarter cocked and run your mouth about any of my friends being ignorant maybe you need to get informed.

    The name igloo is derived from Inuit. The Inuits lived and traveled in what is now Alaska and Canada and they didn't know or care if they were in the future land of the Igloo Girl or Yukon.

    Thanks to Al Gore you will have severe dificulty in finding any fossil evidence of Igloo since good ol Al's global warming will was your evidence down the drain so how are you going to prove that igloos were only built in Canada as you claim.


    "The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition | 2008 | The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition. Copyright 2008 Columbia University Press. (Hide copyright information) Copyright
    igloo [Inuit,=house]. The Eskimos traditionally had three types of houses. A summer house, which was basically a tent, a winter house, which was usually partially dug into the ground and covered with earth; and a snow or ice house. The latter was a dome-shaped dwelling constructed of blocks of snow placed in an ascending spiral with a low tunnel entrance. Although it can provide adequate protection for weeks in severe cold, it was used almost exclusively as a temporary shelter while traveling.
    ...

    "igloo [Inuit,=house]. The Eskimos traditionally had three types of houses. A summer house, which was basically a tent, a winter house, which was usually partially dug into the ground and covered with earth; and a snow or ice house. The latter was a dome-shaped dwelling constructed of blocks of snow placed in an ascending spiral with a low tunnel entrance. Although it can provide adequate protection for weeks in severe cold, it was used almost exclusively as a temporary shelter while traveling.
    And where in all that do you see it stating that igloos are found in Alaska?

  3. #53
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Palin reimburses Alaska $8K for 19 family trips

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    And where in all that do you see it stating that igloos are found in Alaska?
    hey they were there but Al Gore melted them so go ask him he's not on my friends list
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin reimburses Alaska $8K for 19 family trips

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    hey they were there but Al Gore melted them so go ask him he's not on my friends list
    Oh I see. So nothing in that indicated that igloos are found in Alaska so you decided to talk about al gore. Understood, sir.

  5. #55
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Palin reimburses Alaska $8K for 19 family trips

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    And where in all that do you see it stating that igloos are found in Alaska?
    ok besides the one vacant voice vacilating in the wind who claims igloos for Canada show me evidence that they are not or were not !!!
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  6. #56
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Palin reimburses Alaska $8K for 19 family trips

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Oh I see. So nothing in that indicated that igloos are found in Alaska so you decided to talk about al gore. Understood, sir.
    I don't have prove that they are or not found in Alaska the guys who are chalenging me have shown no proof that they aren't.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  7. #57
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Palin reimburses Alaska $8K for 19 family trips

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Oh I see. So nothing in that indicated that igloos are found in Alaska so you decided to talk about al gore. Understood, sir.
    so what do you have against AL Gore anyway ? Show him some respect after all he invented global warming. I didn't see jallman on the US Patent office data base yet there was plenty of Gore
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin reimburses Alaska $8K for 19 family trips

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    I don't have prove that they are or not found in Alaska the guys who are chalenging me have shown no proof that they aren't.
    You are the one trying to say they are.

  9. #59
    activist professor Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tipping Velvet
    Last Seen
    07-01-09 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,017

    Re: Palin reimburses Alaska $8K for 19 family trips

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Really? Cuz she owns her house and the issue was that she used her stipend while living at home. Just like all the previous Alaskan governors. Please provide citations that point to any wrong-doing on her part.

    And what she was paying back was some, not all, of the family travel expenses.
    That is correct she got a stipend for staying at home. I don't think it is an issue. i said it was actually good form on her part to do this so if she makes an ill fated run for the WH it does not bite her in the ass.
    Democracy is the road to socialism. Karl Marx
    Life member NY city Fisting Club!
    I am Zoochie Purple Quivering Ghost Bear a Tiki Bar Tarte, you want some of my Panties.

  10. #60
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Palin reimburses Alaska $8K for 19 family trips

    Moderator's Warning:
    Palin reimburses Alaska K for 19 family tripsLet's all turn down the heat on this thread a bit. We wouldn't want to melt the igloos.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •