Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 434

Thread: South Carolina Governor Admits to Extramarital Affair (title updated)

  1. #411
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: South Carolina Governor Admits to Extramarital Affair (title updated)

    Quote Originally Posted by metreon View Post
    Well because you have so much trouble finding the passage, here:



    You can also google the original quote and find it referenced to one of those two trips to see his mistress.
    I know that he has stated that, as posted in an earlier post by me, and I commend him on being noble enough to repay it.

    But when it comes down to the facts, he is repaying for the Argentina trip, which there was actually work being done during, it wasn't just a vacation trip. Being with his girl was just a side benefit.

    Still no evidence that the purpose of the Argentina trip was specifically to go see his girl, and I don't see him offering to pay for it as admitting to any guilt on that matter, I see him offering to pay for it as a pre-emptive move to get people to STFU about speculation and accept that he is repaying the money.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #412
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last Seen
    12-10-10 @ 06:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    404

    Re: South Carolina Governor Admits to Extramarital Affair (title updated)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    If you are talking about this trip, you are correct. We do not yet have enough information to judge.
    I disagree. Circumstantial evidence weaker than this sort of association is used to convict people on a variety of crimes. Just because he multi-tasked the purpose of his trip doesn't make it legitimate. He is clearly trying to nip any further investigation into the purpose of the trip by offering to pay up front, since if it is found he fabricated reasons for such a trip, he may be guilty of a prosecutable crime, regardless of whether he reimburses the cost.

  3. #413
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: South Carolina Governor Admits to Extramarital Affair (title updated)

    Quote Originally Posted by metreon View Post
    I disagree. Circumstantial evidence weaker than this sort of association is used to convict people on a variety of crimes. Just because he multi-tasked the purpose of his trip doesn't make it legitimate. He is clearly trying to nip any further investigation into the purpose of the trip by offering to pay up front, since if it is found he fabricated reasons for such a trip, he may be guilty of a prosecutable crime, regardless of whether he reimburses the cost.
    I am not a judge or jury. Based on my standards, I don't see enough evidence where I am comfortable making that accusation.
    Last edited by Redress; 06-25-09 at 11:23 PM. Reason: spell checker only works if you look at it.

  4. #414
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last Seen
    12-10-10 @ 06:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    404

    Re: South Carolina Governor Admits to Extramarital Affair (title updated)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am not a judge or jury. Based on my standards, I don't see enough evidence where I am comfortable making that accusation.
    Well let's look at the existing facts: He is a liar who fessed up because he was caught red-handed lying. Do you think a liar that initially snuck out of the country, if he had not been subsequently caught doing so, would have been so "noble" and forthright on his return? It would stretch credulity to the limit to believe so. I would consider it in the realm of beyond doubt to predict continued perfidy on his part had he not been caught, since there would have been no purpose in sneaking out in the first place.

    On the latest trip to Argentina he used a state vehicle, state money, and familiar trust of state officials to completely either facilitate or fund his tryst without the knowledge of state officials. There was no concurrent state purpose he could claim, and he left in secret under a cover story of hiking the Appalachains, along an isolated trail where his absence from which would not be reliably missed by anyone. You can conclude his intent had been to lie, and had he not been caught, to continue to do so. Even a fellow state Republican made the same conclusion, saying there was a "willful effort to circumvent the constitution."

    Therefore, would someone who had no problem completely ripping off tax-payers this time, have a problem concocting a state-purpose at that prior time? That is what you have to ask yourself. That is powerful circumstantial evidence.

  5. #415
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last Seen
    12-10-10 @ 06:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    404

    Re: South Carolina Governor Admits to Extramarital Affair (title updated)

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    That was facetiously inflammatory, not to mention pointless speculation; the fact is he did no such thing. You are trolling conservatives and Christians with that paragraph, and nothing more.
    It is not so much pointless speculation as pointed insight, a joke about someone who is now, rightfully by his own actions, a joke.

  6. #416
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,474

    Re: South Carolina Governor Admits to Extramarital Affair (title updated)

    Right now the PR man for Sanford is breathing a sigh of relief because something bigger knocked him off the relentless news cycle.
    Thank you

  7. #417
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: SC governor's whereabouts unknown, even to wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    i bet we could drink us some pints brother!
    thank you, I am sure I would enjoy that, some people may find it strange why an atheist,socialist like myself would enjoy your company, the world is full of partisan idiots.

    I am very hard on the catholic church.

    Liverpool my city has always been divide by catholic and protestant sectarianism.

    Before the Polish Pope visited the vitriol from both sides reached reached a dangerous pitch.

    I entered a BBC radio debate, and stated that as an atheist Jew with my roots in Poland, I have a lot of reasons to feel hatred of the Polish Catholic Church, but as a human being I welcome any man of peace to my city.

    The BBC then invited my to take part in a local television debate with the to leaders of the churches in front of an audience of catholics and protestants, both David Sheppard and Derek Worlock were united in wishing the Pope to come.

    I had to defend both of them, and as they were on face value men of peace, I was happy to do so.I did come under fire after.

    To add context, Liverpool is regarded as the second capital of Ireland, it was 1982, the sectarian violence in the Northern Ireland was bad.

  8. #418
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: South Carolina Governor Admits to Extramarital Affair (title updated)

    Has not Rash Limbaugh and Newt Gingrich's "cup runneth over" a few times.


    The pity for the Repubs is that Newt is one "big Bear" political animal that will never be accepted as there presidential nominee, much to the Democrats relief.

  9. #419
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: SC governor's whereabouts unknown, even to wife

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    If you view this story honestly you will notice that the balance of sexual and other types of miscreants are pretty evenly distributed bewteen boh political parties.
    But only one of those political parties claims to be the "Law & Order" & "Family Values" party with better morals & more patriotic than the other.
    It's the hypocrisy of the Republican Party which angers me & is the cause of their current disfavor, imo.

  10. #420
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: South Carolina Governor Admits to Extramarital Affair

    Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    The argument against gay marriage is that it will weaken heterosexual marriages and that it doesn't respect the sanctity of marriage.
    And has nothing to do with the current topic.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •